PDA

View Full Version : Halo Online?

xtr0n187
02-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Hi, I just got Halo except I dont have a cable modem, so I dont have acess to online play for Halo. Yet my friend who i often play Halo with has a cable modem. I was curious, how exactly does it work? I mean exactly what do i have to do to do it. If I get a cable modem and an Xbox with Halo, how do I get a game in 10 minutes? Id appreciate it if anyone could help.I was just wondering the exact steps and protocol to get a online game of halo. Thanks

JJaX
02-27-2002, 07:51 AM
http://www.gamespy.com

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Okay...this is what you have to do:

First, here are the requirements:

1. You need a HUB or a Switch (10/100 preferred)
2. 3 standard CAT 5 patch cables (not CAT 5 Crossovers - Just so you know, the System Link Cable by XBox is a Crossover - won't work)
3. Broadband modem (cable, DSL, etc)
4. One XBox
5. One Halo disc (the actual game, of course)
6. And, you need to download the Gamespy Arcade Software and the Gamespy Tunnel Software (both are free). Simply go to http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml and you will see both the Gamespy Arcade and Gamespy Tunnel Softwares to download. It takes about 30 seconds to do both.

This is how you hook everything up:

1. Connect the first CAT 5 patch cable from your Broadband modem into the uplink port on your HUB (or Switch)
2. From port 1 on your HUB, connect a second CAT 5 cable to it and the other end into your Ethernet port on your computer (this is obviously the only input that it will be able to go into)
3. From port 2 on your HUB (or Switch) and connect the final CAT 5 cable into it and the other end to the back of your XBox.

Then, you're set! Just get on-line! You have no idea what you are missing, bud!!! :)

Xtopia
02-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Ok, seriously max! Do u have that explenation saved as a word file or something?? I have seen you answer that exact question with that much depth like 10 times! Good Goin! Soon there will be like 600-700 people on gamespy at most times....right now there is ALWAYS at least 300 gamers duken it out!
Anyway, do what max described and i hope to see u online soon...look me my id is in my siggy

:)

batman46st
02-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Listen to MAX on that one thanks again MAX. In a week you should see me blowing you up in halo lol...

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 01:08 PM
lol, Xtopia...I actually don't have it saved anywhere...though, that would be a good idea! I actually typed it all up from scratch!

I figure that it's worth it to give more people the experience of what playing on Gamespy is all about :D Oh, man...it's all I ever do it seems! I can't get enough! :D

I played Ty last night and we played Slayer and another game as Team Slayer with Ty and I on the same team.

While playing Team Slayer, we kicked their asses bad!! We played a few games against 2 other dudes...and we cleaned their clocks! Ty and I make a great team :D

I can't wait to successfully play you again, Xtopia...meaning, when you and I can actually find our game that we created! It's wierd that we can't :confused:

Wreckless
02-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Where can you get number:

and

ps. What exactly is number 1.

and

Xtopia
02-27-2002, 06:50 PM
I can't wait to successfully play you again, Xtopia...meaning, when you and I can actually find our game that we created! It's wierd that we can't

I also can not wait! Last week (during my vacation) I played ty quite a bit. At first I beat em pretty badly...then later in the weak He kicked my A$s over and over! Then at the end of the weak we played 4 more matches! And i won 2 of em! :D I also played JJax...man he is crazy good!:eek: It was a ffa with JJax, me, Nik, and Shearboat....It was awesome! I wont be able to be on except on weekends :mad: School is always keepin me busy! But I cant wait till our next frag fest!!

Azazel
02-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Come on man. Gotta do a little bit of the work yourself. Check your local electronic store. Or www.google.com

xtr0n187
02-28-2002, 03:20 AM
Thanks Maximus. I owe you a beer now.