PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row: Demo

Nato King
07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
The Saints Row demo will go Live at 18:00 GMT August 1 2006 on Xbox Live

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RoutineX/xbimages/SaintsRow/cover-saintsrow.jpg

m4oH
07-31-2006, 08:35 PM
My XBL is down right now. I gotta say, I'm really pumped to play this game. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but is there a demo for Dead Rising?

Bakeman
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
can't wait to play the demo! I didn't even have 5 bucks to go pre-order the game for the demo.. I wanted to though lol

laughs
07-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm looking forward to this one alright. Well, I'm looking forward to the demo at least... For me, August is all about Dead Rising! :hump:

Nato King
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
My XBL is down right now. I gotta say, I'm really pumped to play this game. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but is there a demo for Dead Rising?

What a good qeustion m4oH I need to do my homework and find out when this demo is coming or even if they are putting out a demo. I would think they would do it.

But I have found the Offical web site for this game if you want it drop me a PM.

y2kash_14
08-01-2006, 05:11 AM
the XBL demo comes out tomorrow.....and its also available in the latest OXM! It's really fun

Nato King
08-01-2006, 06:59 AM
the XBL demo comes out tomorrow.....and its also available in the latest OXM! It's really fun

I am downloading the demo now I can't wait to paly it.

m4oH
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Make sure to tell us how it is.

Nato King
08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Make sure to tell us how it is.

Oh yes I will tell you. It took me all day to download it But now I am so glad that I have it. I am going to play it tonight and I will tell you what I think in the morning. Like I always say I can drink to that. :cheers:

killerscott
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Its pretty good. A lot better then gta. I havn't done many of the missions, but I did a couple and it seemed fun. I then just shot people and ran them over and such. The graphics are pretty good, and the driving is more realistic and stuff... It seems alright but it's bassically the same thing as gta. So if you like those you should like this, plus its a bit better.

Shawn-XBA
08-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Its pretty good. A lot better then gta. I havn't done many of the missions, but I did a couple and it seemed fun. I then just shot people and ran them over and such. The graphics are pretty good, and the driving is more realistic and stuff... It seems alright but it's bassically the same thing as gta. So if you like those you should like this, plus its a bit better.

Thanks for the info, I'm downloading now :cool:

Mwright
08-01-2006, 03:10 PM
yea this game is a lot better than gta...there are some features that you cant have til you buy the game but the details are much better...then again no gta has been released yet for a next gen so really if u compare this game to a gta its like comparing apples to organges...anyway gta4 will be good and so will this game..download the demo and you will want the game...1 problem tho.when u get out of the car the doors close without you touching them..

mrmp3
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Well I know many people probably don't care, but I loved the Shenmue series. Very disappointed not to see a third entry in the series (out of a proposed 5-6 I think), and I remember hearing about an MMO based on the series thinking it could work, but last I heard it was canned. 4Gamers got a video link (http://www.4gamer.net/jump.php?http://download.bbgames.jp/4gamer/movie2/chinajoy2006/cj2006_shenmu.zip) of it at some show.

From my observations, you can explore the whole world with everyone else BUT you'll have the unique battlefield thing like Guild Wars with action oriented gameplay (no point and click like all the others) similar to the free MMO Gunz (except with martial arts obviously). The game shows weakness and strengths. There's tons of crazy special effects (and in some cases it looks like it's overdoing itself), some pretty nice graphics (not mind blowing but definitely better than Xbox just not up to 360), and it's all realtime battle. However, it said it was PC only. There was no hotbars anywhere on screen though, so this one seems like it could be easily converted to console. Again, just my observations. It's a pretty lengthy clip, but if you have any interest in it, check it out. i'm just glad to see the series up and running again.

re4fan
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I agree Shenmue was a great series

m4oH
08-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Just for some of the people out there wanting a more in depth description of ones feeling of this demo.
I have to agree with the poster above, the demo leaves alot to be desired and I really hope that this isn't final in any way. Hopefully it's a really old snapshot of the development.

My thoughts, not organized much and just some of the things I noticed while playing. Also, I played through it twice, to try as much stuff as possible since it kicks you out when you've done the last mission and I didn't count on that.

Things I like: The graphics are pretty good, the sound of the radio, gunfire and cars etc is topnotch and there seems to be some sweet stuff to do. The level design seems good too. Also, pedestrians seem to react nicely to eachother and things that happen in the world. The AI is definitely better than any GTA game, but that's not to say it's without it's own flaws. The aiming system is absolutely better than San Andreas when you're in firefights, but while aiming in a car it took far too long for the camera to reset itself so that I could see if I'm heading into a wall or not. Getting to answer your cellphone at anytime (either in a car or on foot) was a really nice touch. Hearing the radio from outside a car is also pretty sweet, but I don't know why you get more of a sense of bass than while your inside listening.

Things I don't like: The car handling seems scetchy at best, the pedestrian banter seems uninspired and naming of the food chain and the clothing shop falls in the same bag (Freckle *****es and Sloppy Seconds?!) In fact, every other piece of dialog came across really forced and market researched. The level design felt good in that it was detailed, but it felt extremely cramped in a good number of places. This also lead to just about every street looking the same more than I would've liked, but it could be improved when I'm no longer contained. The graphics are pretty good, but it looks really weird in alot of places. The shine makes stuff look like it's made of plastic, though the leather jacket on the gangleader is one of the most realistic ones I've seen yet. But shiny cornrows?! And what is with that halo that surrounds characters when the background is blurred? And on that note, the blur seemed really overdone in some places. The drawing distance didn't seem improved over San Andreas at all, which is absolutely the one feature I had expected to make it in there before they started with all the fancy graphics. The way the character looks while standing still is retared, the same goes for the moving animation. And seeing him pointing a gun sideways while standing around in some stupid manner was seriously annoying. He looks good running fast though. And what the **** is with the pants you start out with? I haven't tried any other pants, but it looks like his ass isn't there at all. The shadows for the trees looks weird also, a kind of "flickering" that wasn't at all pleasant to watch for any more than a second or so.

Bugs: I did see one car driving along with it's front straight through the street, sometimes I would press Y while near a moving car but my character wouldn't initiate a carjacking and alot of the time I would try to climb something but my character just wouldn't grab hold. In that line, climbing a high fence looked ridicoulus. Most of the time when I tried to pistolwhip someone the character would just turn around and do the animation, it's really weird seeing it.

There. Again, I just poured my thoughts into this message so take from it what you want. At this point it doesn't at all give me the "GTA" feel and it just felt like 20 people in the marketing department came up with a list of things you had to have in a urban game to cater to the suburbian youth. My feeling right now is that this game will give me a few nice moments but nothing I will remember for months, and I doubt that I will feel the urge to play it again. But I have it on pre-order so we'll soon find out if it's much better. The online portion could be enough to finally urge me to get a Gold-account, and achievement points has made every game I've played so far on 360 that much more enjoyable.

mattgame
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Umm GTA was full of bugs but everyone declared it the best game ever.

I loved it. It's GTA inspired. That main character is a famous actor I just can't think of his name. He was the bad guy in the first Barbershop.

I'll have it day one.

laughs
08-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Just downloaded it and I thought it was great. :cheers:

Nato King
08-02-2006, 06:55 AM

Hey m4oH just to answer you question on the Dead Rising Demo.

A spokesperson for Capcom Europe has informed CVG that an announcement on when a demo version of the upcoming 360 zombie slasher Dead Rising will be hitting Xbox Live will come in the next 48 hours

Also it's on the front page read more about it here. http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=7155

CuartoDePuto
08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
i've had this game on my queue at gamefly for forever, goign to play the demo right now....

laughs
08-02-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm suprised that the Saints Row demo was that long. Definitely my favorite demo so far... GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DEAD RISING ONE!!!! :hump:

yall
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. It was pretty much a GTA clone, but very enjoyable. I also have this one in my gamefly queue.

greenpyro
08-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Only 2 words can describe the saints row demo: "fuggin awesome"

Ainokeatoo
08-02-2006, 11:36 PM
There aren't any words to describe this game, it's basis is on GTA but in a way it's nothing like it, you can design your character and even play online... Something GTA wasn't able to do, but would have been a great add-on, i'm going to say the same thing about this game as I did with BF2 "My heart says yes but my wallet says nooo..." Sigh, it sucks to be broke...

mattgame
08-03-2006, 09:34 AM
I think it will take up much of my free time.:hail:

m4oH
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Eh, I thought it was alright. I probably won't be buying this game though till it drops in price.

Kyle Static
08-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad RIIIIIISSSINNNNNG IS OUUUUUTT!!!!!

YAHHHHHH....downloading it right now!:hardcore:

Tony_Macaroni
08-04-2006, 02:03 PM
i played this demo (same friends house as i played the dead rising demo) and i think its a really good game... it's kept me entertained and i would definately rent it...but i dont know about a buy.