PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Ainokeatoo
08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Yes folks another Mortal Kombat, but, this is no ordinary MK game that is set to release somewhere along the road, think of it like this, literally every character who's ever appeared in a previous Mortal Kombat game has been revived, roughly 62 characters are being brought to this game. Meaning a wide variety of characters to choose from and old favourites, mine being cyrax cuz of the dreads, anywhoo... That is not the only thing featured in this deadly 360 game, there are Mario Cart style racing where each character has their own designed race car. Not only that but you are able to customize your character for online and offline play, yes people I said customize, along with that is the new fatalities where instead of having to mash all kinds of buttons to pull of a fatality. You can make your own, meaning trigger the fatality starter combo for your character (usually two directional moves and one button-press) This is arguably one of the biggest, and best change to the fighting system. And to all the MK Fans out there, there is more on this story, I do not have links as I am getting this out of OXM, but this is the last game of the MK series. So I am guessing they are going out with a bang... Alright you know the drill post yer comments on this...

swivel
08-03-2006, 01:53 PM
62 characters? Oh... MY!

I just hope they get less combo-crazy, and get back to a balanced cast where timing and blocking rule.

Fight games used to be more about skill, and less about memorization. I'll be checking this game out, but my hopes have been let down too much by this genre.

y2kash_14
08-06-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm pretty excited about this one...but I think that article also states that it's an Xbox/PS2 release only....so i'm REALLY hoping they have backwards compatability from the start.

Whisper
08-06-2006, 11:56 AM
The skill of these useless fight games is memorization. There is no skill in button combos, just memorization and repition. There is more "skill" in whiping your ass.