PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row online?

Ainokeatoo
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, meh I enjoyed the saint rows game, but there is just one question, how is the online play? Is it a free roam kind of thing or is it basically game modes? Like are you able to run around doing practically anything you want? I wanted to know before I saved the money to buy the game for the 360 because I doubt I will be offline on it if I can roam freely online... Someone whos played it online please tell me...

FatBox
08-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes, I want to know the same thing. If it is free roam then I am going to buy it fo sho.

wulkar
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I think it has free roam and other game type modes. kinda like Midtown Madness 3 had Free roam and then it also had hunter(tag) and checkpoint races and such.

Whisper
08-05-2006, 08:41 PM
If we will be able to join servers in which you just go around doing whatever the hell you want, and there can be atleast 8 people doing so.. it will be the best game on the system for me.. but somehow, I doubt it will be.

killerscott
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
where did you guys even hear about it being online... does it say so in the demo?

Ainokeatoo
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah and it's online for the xbox version...

Tony_Macaroni
08-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah and it's online for the xbox version...
It's coming out for the first xbox !? that's awesome

Ainokeatoo
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
It should have already been out for the first xbox... I had a few friends saying they've got the game and there are ads in OXM I think it released a while ago... I dunno...

killerscott
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
It should have already been out for the first xbox... I had a few friends saying they've got the game and there are ads in OXM I think it released a while ago... I dunno...

liar......

Tony_Macaroni
08-06-2006, 01:45 PM
r u sure its out already ? seems sorta fast.

greenpyro
08-06-2006, 04:39 PM

you're retarded.

saint's row is a 360-only game and the online modes are not free roam style, they are simply new spins on old favorites, like capture the flag, etc. they're game modes like, "big ass chains" and "protect the pimp". In big ass chains, every time you killl another player, they drop a chain, and any other chains they have collected from other players. when you die, you drop you're chains. the object is to collect as many chains as possible and deliver them to a designated drop point. Protect the Pimp is pretty self explanetory. One player on each team is the "Pimp", and he gets only a single, "*****-slap" move, which kills in one hit. The rest of the team must protect him, while trying to kill the opposing teams pimp .They're are also deathmatch modes, and a mode where you must modify a car and keep the opposing team from destroying it. i believe those are th only 4 modes, but they're may be more. However i am CERTAIN there is not a free roam mode online.

Ainokeatoo
08-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Don't come in here insulting me, I asked a damn question, and don't call me a liar either i only posted what I heard. Now, thank you for the information.

killerscott
08-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't come in here insulting me, I asked a damn question, and don't call me a liar either i only posted what I heard. Now, thank you for the information.

well hey. sounds like your a liar... edit: and a grouch.

greenpyro
08-07-2006, 04:01 PM

thank you

FatBox
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Sounds like his friends are liars. He said he didn't know.

Tony_Macaroni
08-07-2006, 11:37 PM
ok guys dont worry its over and done with .... aino didnt know and made a guess... no lies ok and now we know the info...bummer saints isnt coming for xbox though ... i didnt think it would though.

ALC
08-11-2006, 12:10 PM
copying straight from the wiki article:

The game will also feature an online multiplayer mode for Xbox Live that supports up to 12 people. Players will be able to join a gang and engage in street warfare with other gangs online. Games within the online mode are: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Co-op (two people play specifically designed online missions in buildings with little free roaming capabilities), Big Ass Chains, Bling My Ride, and Protect the Pimp.

and from the xbox.com forum post (http://forums.xbox.com/5751574/ShowPost.aspx) it references:

Sorry to burst some your bubbles, but sheesh... This game isn't massively multiplayer online... You can't get online with your gang then go rumble with another gang in an open city.

Oh well, 12 player online should still be fun

predatorprime
08-25-2006, 06:36 PM
IGN did a big multiplay impressions thing. Said it was a lot of fun. Didn't mention how big the levels are, as far as I've heard its the whole city