PDA

View Full Version : Will Canada be left out of xbox's online revolution?

Mercury
02-27-2002, 10:37 AM
:mad:
I've read that Microsoft has no plans on bringing their online service to Canada. What does this mean?

Does this mean the online component of the xbox is useless here in Canada? It has to effect us in some way. This is very important to know. I think we Canadians should demand a explanation from Microsoft. Don't let them keep us hanging until late summer when it's finally obvious that we won't be able to get online with our games, and getting online but with bad lag just won't cut it. We deserve the same gaming experience as the americans.

Am I alone on this or what?

thunderkiss2k1
02-27-2002, 11:59 AM
I don't know where you read this, but in the Official Xbox Magazine, it says plainly ALL of north america. This INCLUDES Canada.

Crazy Joe
02-27-2002, 12:34 PM
i can't see Canada not being involved with the online gaming on XBOX, that would be just SILLY!! :)

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 12:39 PM
Dude, Canada will definately be on-line this summer. No doubt about that...

But, I just had a thought...how much of a bummer would it be if us Americans couldn't kick the crap out of our Canadians neighbors :eek:

hehe..jk :D

El Pollo Loco
02-27-2002, 01:20 PM
Much like your hockey team did

:P

hehehe
Oh and BTW Maximus I'm going to get my 43" toshiba this weekend.

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
Much like your hockey team did

:P

hehehe
Oh and BTW Maximus I'm going to get my 43" toshiba this weekend.

hehe...I know, it was an awesome Hockey game :D Two thumbs up for the well deserved Canadians! They deserved every ounce of the gold!

And, by the way: AWESOME!!!!!! Dude, you will seriously LOVE the new TV! Make sure you get the High Definition A/V Pack or the Monster 400 Component cables to maximize your picture! I have the Monster 400s and am very pleased with the results...I also got them for a great deal as they are on sale at Best Buy :)

E-Xbox
02-27-2002, 02:57 PM
im from canada as most of u know
and i am pretty sure online play is coming to here also
so juss chill

Mercury
02-27-2002, 03:49 PM
No, I'm sorry but it isn't. Let me find the proof...

Warthog
02-27-2002, 04:38 PM
i AM FROM cANADA AND IF IT DID NOT COME ONLINE HERE I WOULD GO CRAZY.

Mercury
02-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Here it is. Right in the February issue of OXM.

Page 16..."...Microsoft launches its broadband-only gaming network this summer. The service will only be available in the U.S.; there are currently no official plans to extend it to other parts of the world."

Don't worry people, I'm not a troll or anything. I love my xbox. I'm just starting to worry and get upset that Canada is going to get the ol' screwgy when it comes to online play this year.

thunderkiss2k1
02-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Well, here in the April issue of OXM ,in the letters section, they answer a guy from Canada's letter about this subject. "John, Microsoft plans on focusing its online efforts on North America, this includes Canada. Don't worry, you'll be online with xbox later this year with the US."

Toonz
02-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Next to Switzerland ( I believe but not 100% sure if thats the right country ) Canada is #2 in the world for people being connected with a Broadband connection so it would seem like a huge oversight to leave us out. Especially if they are gonna charge a fee. Thats alotta lost revenue