PDA

View Full Version : On-line forum this summer - how would you likely pay?

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Most of us are excited about this summer's on-line forum that Microsoft is going to deliver to fulfill our craving for on-line gaming. And, it's highly likely that we will get charged for using this service. If you had the choice, in what format would you make payment arrangements? What would you prefer?

E-Xbox
02-27-2002, 02:43 PM
monthly would make the most sense
but u should also have the option of paying yearly
that combination would be the best

Nato King
02-27-2002, 02:48 PM
I would have to go with yearly so I don't have to worry about pay for it until next year. Just me and on-line how great.:)

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I went with yearly...paying this way usually means that there could be a discount for putting all the money up front :)

E-Xbox
02-27-2002, 02:54 PM
like i said
the option for yearly or monthly would be the best

GokuX
02-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Yearly. The less bills I gotta bother with during the month, the better.

Ninja Scroll
02-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
monthly would make the most sense
but u should also have the option of paying yearly
that combination would be the best

I agree with E-Xbox, monthly is more the normal convienent way.
I think this is the way Microsoft will made the bill paying method anyways.
But you never know.
:)

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Come on, gentlemen! Let's vote on this mama jama!

I don't know about you dudes, but, I can't wait to get Unreal Championship!!!!! :D

Plewis
02-27-2002, 03:39 PM
i wish it was a one time charge... but one can dream, I voted yearly, because the less bills the better (even though I'm 15... my parents wouldn't want to pay the bill every month).:D Even though it's my money

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I figure that getting it out of the way would be the best for me, too. And, like I said before, usually when a person decides to just pay for an entire year, that the cost is discounted compared to paying every month.

I would just like to be able to go on-line anytime without having to worry about: "uh oh...did I pay that bill!?" :D

FlyBoy
02-27-2002, 03:53 PM
definately yearly... pay it once and get it over with!

BUT... the best option that wasn't included would have to be...

FREE!!!:eek:

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Good responses, gentlemen...Though, I'm curious, to the people that are looking to pay a yearly rate, what would be the maximum amount you would be willing to pay?

AvedisZ
02-27-2002, 04:04 PM
Umm... I didn't see FREE anywhere!!!!!! Come on Microsoft, I shelled out $300 bucks for this thing, 2 controllers at $40 a crack and 4 games at $50 a peice. I think that's enough butt raping for this year.

Toder
02-27-2002, 05:08 PM
i wouldn't mind paying quaterly myself. Being a college student there is no telling how long i will live in the apartment or house. so quaterly would be the best for me.

Xtopia
02-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Man...Microsoft could definetely ripp me off! Whatever it costs ill pay! But I dont even know what would be reasonable...I'd pay anything under $150 for one year of gameing bliss...how bout you guys?

LynxFX
02-27-2002, 05:31 PM
If it isn't a one time fee for life or straight out free I doubt I will play xbox online via Microsoft's solution.

The only way MS will get me to pay to play is if they offer something so incredible that it can't be duplicated on the pc for free or it is dirt cheap $5 a month max. Otherwise I will stick with console gaming by myself and massive multiplayer games on the pc.

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 05:36 PM
I would figure that $75 for an entire year would be reasonable. Less would, of course, be better.

I would think that the lower the price, more people will join...which is what Microsoft wants. So, I think we will see a price tag that will be even more reasonable than $75. I really would like to know, though!!

mtbaird5687
02-27-2002, 05:42 PM
hourly? that sure would suck if you got into a good game and kept playing but remembered you were out of money.

J Dub
02-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Ya, if you played hourly you'd start feeling guilty for playing online.

wizkid918
02-27-2002, 09:51 PM
its gonna be, buy a $50 CD and install it on your hard drive enabling online play *crosses fingers*

Hugh_Jass
02-28-2002, 12:40 PM
I've never cared much for gaming with anonymous strangers. I probably won't pay to play online at all unless a game is created that blows me away. And, no, that game isn't Halo, despite popular belief. (not for me, anyway)

Chr0nik
02-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Should be free, it costs enough to by Xbox games and the console.

Look at gamespy, they already offer the service.

I will not pay for this service, I already pay 35.00$ a month for broadband access, I am not going to pay another premium to play online.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I would pay to play Unreal Championship with 32 dudes and no lag any day! That would be sweet!!

But, I would do the yearly option...pay and get it done. I hate bills.

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 12:58 PM
Picked monthly, and I honestly think that's the best way to go...

Think about it, being able to not pay for Xbox server software, PS2 HD/Modem kits, or GCN modem kits, and just sign a year contract to pay monthly. That would kick major ass, as you wouldn't have to pay for any addons, just play and pay later- just like my cellphone!!!

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict