PDA

View Full Version : LGC and Viva Pinata

predatorprime
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure if anyone goes to 1up but they have a video of the playable beta of Viva Pinata.
The video is a little slow (there are frame rate issues) but the editors in the background are the least professional I have ever seen. They act like 5 years olds when playiing the game because they couldn't figure out how to play. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but it helps if its communicated in an adult fashion. This is my rant.I'm still going to buy the game because I have faith in Rare to shape it up before it ships out.

y2kash_14
08-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Just wondering...what is Viva Pinata about? Is it like an Animal Crossing type game?

predatorprime
08-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Its kind of an animal crossing/simfarm cross if that makes any sense. You build a forest and the pinatas come there to live. I'm taking it upon myself to promote this game because it looks like a very original idea.

As a side note the Gamerscore blog (a ms developer blog for those that don't know) have written an explination on why the frame rate issue was a prob at all (link at http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/08/24/537044.aspx)

Ainokeatoo
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Actually the fun of gaming is to act childish... Usually... Especially in a game like Viva Pinata, it is a very interesting little game much like a spin off of animal crossing and the sims... Where instead of controlling the people you are more like a servant in a way, you do things for them to keep them happy and not to leave. Build houses, lakes, rivers, nearly anything is possible in this very nifty game.

predatorprime
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
the names of the animals make me laugh, if you look at vivapinata.com you can see them. They are all named after candy. Macaracoon is the best by far

y2kash_14
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM
so are we allowed to "kill" the pinatas in the form of a nice beating?

predatorprime
08-25-2006, 03:57 PM
so are we allowed to "kill" the pinatas in the form of a nice beating?

Yep... you can hit them all with sticks...and when they explode there's CANDY :rofl: