PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Arms thread

predatorprime
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
First of all is anyone actually buying this?
Secondly if you are post on how the game is. I'm interested in it but not willing to pay that much for a game I'm unsure of

For those who don't know eCHANTED aRMS is the first true japanese rpg title to hit the shores of NA. It is suppose to have lots of playable characters and a unique grid based combat system.

y2kash_14
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm planning on buying this instead of Saints Row tomorrow...the production value of this game seems to be on par with the likes of Final Fantasy....and not only that, I'm hoping this game does well so that more Japanese developers will support the 360. I'll let you guys know how it is.

predatorprime
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Please let us (or me I guess) know. It looks really cool but its not getting any better reviews that 99Nights did. Mind you the Japanese do like their crap games... Hello Kitty Waku Waku Cookies anyone...

y2kash_14
08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
well X-Play just gave it a 4 out of 5....so that's giving me some hope. Critics tend to be much more harsh on their reviews when it comes to J-RPGs...it's really competitive on the PS2 so I'm not surprised the first one on the 360 doesn't match up with those on PS2. The most common thing i've read in all those reviews is that they mentioned it wasn't by any means a bad game...but its been done on the PS2 many times.

predatorprime
08-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I heard the graphics a little bland, not really next gen quality. I guess the big problem is with the 360 all the reviewers are focusing on the graphics and nothing else. I think it looks nice, a lot better than the Atari I played as a kid

NiNeBReaKeR
08-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I heard the graphics a little bland, not really next gen quality. I guess the big problem is with the 360 all the reviewers are focusing on the graphics and nothing else. I think it looks nice, a lot better than the Atari I played as a kid
i just watched some vids at IGN on this game,it looked freakin sweet,but the gamplay looked a little boring.but whoever said the graphics where poor is half blind cause the game looks really good,i want to get it for the story,not the gamplay.

y2kash_14
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/25iowgl.jpg

another review...this is looking like a B-Grade game....which is pretty good these days....

predatorprime
08-28-2006, 11:11 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/25iowgl.jpg

another review...this is looking like a B-Grade game....which is pretty good these days....

I know what mag thats from and 8.0 is good from them. I think the days of AAA titles is pretty much gone.

y2kash_14
08-28-2006, 11:34 PM
i am REALLY looking forward to the golem collecting (think badass pokemon)

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747936/vid_1648320.html

predatorprime
08-29-2006, 12:07 AM
yeah I have the masterbit hd vids. pretty freakin cool. I think I'll rent first though. I get bored of RPGs pretty quick unless they're really cool

Nervusbreakdown
08-30-2006, 11:09 PM
First of all is anyone actually buying this?
Secondly if you are post on how the game is. I'm interested in it but not willing to pay that much for a game I'm unsure of

For those who don't know eCHANTED aRMS is the first true japanese rpg title to hit the shores of NA. It is suppose to have lots of playable characters and a unique grid based combat system.

I have this game and its rally good and the story is great, I thought the voice acting was bad but it was done really well!

The graphics are ok to wow but the battle system is freaking great, and its good to have something different the the same ol same ol.

http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_enchantedarms_uslaunch.wmv :hump: :cheers:

y2kash_14
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
lucky! my gamestop doesn't have theirs in yet

predatorprime
08-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Voice acting from Japanese to english is always really bad. The vocab doesn't translate over from Japanese properly and sounds awkward. I'm in the process of learning japanese (self taught cause I'm broke) and I'm not sure how they translate half the stuff over because the languages are completely different in ever possible way.
Anyways like I said the translated games are always bad. Try Tales of Symphonia for GC, its brutal

y2kash_14
09-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I've been playing for about 10 hours now and I must say... I am HOOKED

m2iceman
09-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I just finished a 15 hours marathon of this game, Enough said.

Just kidding. When there really isnt anything out there, IMO, this game is a surprise. Yes, the voice overs are horrible. The graphic on HD are nice, the flow of the game can get bogged down at times when your trying to look around and end up in combat. The music for the game isnt the best, but it has its good moments during battle. I wasnt going to buy this game because of the videos I had seen of it. I figured it for a grown up Pokemon. The battles can be frustrating on the bosses, but all in all I like the way its set up. Look, if your not into RPG and cant stand around asking questions or reading dialogue than this isnt for you. IMO if you like Fable and the Star Wars RPG's then you will like this game. I rented it for 5 days and have put in 18 hours in two days, I pretty sure I'll be buying it if I can peel my butt of the couch tomorrow after all day. I have 18 hours logged in and only 30% cleared.

predatorprime
09-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm glad to hear that the game is good. Unfortunately due to unforseen expenditures I will not be able to get this game with out giving up Gears of war or Forza 2, which will not happen.
It is nice that the game is doing ok even though it got mediocre reviews so far, we need more Japanese 360 games... come on Blue Dragon

y2kash_14
09-03-2006, 12:22 AM
well the main drawback of the game and the reason its been getting bad reviews is that it's pretty much a cliched J-RPG. Nothing really new has been brough to the genre. This game is kind of like the game for RPG noobs. Anyone interested in getting into RPG's will enjoy having Enchanted Arms as one of their firsts. But for seasoned RPG players, this isn't really anything new.

predatorprime
09-03-2006, 12:37 AM
well the main drawback of the game and the reason its been getting bad reviews is that it's pretty much a cliched J-RPG. Nothing really new has been brough to the genre. This game is kind of like the game for RPG noobs. Anyone interested in getting into RPG's will enjoy having Enchanted Arms as one of their firsts. But for seasoned RPG players, this isn't really anything new.

Really I thought the combat looked a bit different than what I'm used to seeing. Mind you reverting to Turn-Based my not fly to well anymore

tbranch
09-03-2006, 09:05 AM
The game is ok but it just doesn't do anything new.

CrazyCougar
09-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I've played 12+ hours of the game so far, and I have to say I am addicted. The turn based battle system works really well. The story line is pretty good with some good plot twists. The graphics are pretty good, while probably not stellar in a lot of people's opinion. This game is definitely a great RPG title for those that like them. I would highly suggest it.

y2kash_14
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah i guess the grid system is a bit different.........but it's basically a watered down "Tactics" style fighting system. Which I really enjoy by the way. Definitely adds more strategy than just staying in one place.

Jackyboy
09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
i have it rented from gamefly right now but i havent played it yet

BIGHARV
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Anyone who enjoyed playing Final Fantansy 7,8,9 will enjoy this game. I for one have been waiting a very long time for a turn base rpg on xbox or xbox 360 and this game was definitly worth the wait. I am also hooked. The only thing I don't like is that it's very linear and the voice acting...but on the up side there are 100 golems to collect and ontop of that you acquire summons or GF's (God Forces) whatever you want to call them as you progress. There are also a lot of characters that come and go into your party. You can have 4 characters in your party at a time. Overall I would give this game a solid 4 out of 5. I am working on a review but I can't seem to get my butt off the couch (I'm hooked and I'm loving every minute of it) so this is all I can do for now.