PDA

View Full Version : what the **** a**holes at Rockstar?

Crazy Joe
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
stupid damn Table Tennis demo expired, what the bloody hell is this crap?

Nato King
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
stupid damn Table Tennis demo expired, what the bloody hell is this crap?

So you didn't get it or you did get it an that it expired.

you need to go out and get the game.

laughs
09-01-2006, 11:32 AM
So you didn't get it or you did get it an that it expired.

Well wouldn't that be a punch in the face.

mattgame
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaahaaaa1111111111

l Maximus l
09-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I never even tried it....though, I only heard good things. It just seemed kind of cheesy to me, but, oh well....I guess I'll never try it now anyway :confused:

laughs
09-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Cheeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssseeeeeee! The demo was fun, but I think it's over-rated.... Mmmmmmmmmmmm Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssseeeeeee!!!

predatorprime
09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Online is good fun...
Half the people are CHEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!! sorry had to do it.
All in all its a good game. Be better if it wasn't 50 bucks maybe like 30 or something

Goku_69
09-01-2006, 11:52 PM
yeah i hate paying more then 30 for a sports game cause u know there is a better one comeing out next year

predatorprime
09-02-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah i hate paying more then 30 for a sports game cause u know there is a better one comeing out next year

Meh Table Tennis is "supposed" to be a Tech demo for the GTA IV engine. I cry foul on this one cause it sounds like a crock. Table Tennis is the first and ONLY game Rockstar has ever made that actually focused on the graphics for more than enough time than to scratch their collective nuts :eek:

laughs
09-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I think charging half what they charge now, would be a great idea. I bet the developers would sell 3X what they do now, and would make more profits. The consumers would also be able to afford more games(I'm sure they don't care though)

predatorprime
09-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I think charging half what they charge now, would be a great idea. I bet the developers would sell 3X what they do now, and would make more profits. The consumers would also be able to afford more games(I'm sure they don't care though)

LOL Unfortunately if you sell something for a loss you never make a profit. The amount of money that would have gone into developing the TT engine from scratch would be a lot. Unless of course the rumors are true and then they could give the game away and still make money come GTA IV

And as far as affording games I've bought 10 in about amonth since I got my 360 LOL

laughs
09-02-2006, 12:06 PM
LOL Unfortunately if you sell something for a loss you never make a profit. The amount of money that would have gone into developing the TT engine from scratch would be a lot. Unless of course the rumors are true and then they could give the game away and still make money come GTA IV

Well obviously they aren't going to sell it at a loss. What does it cost to make a game these days? I fail to see it costing almost $80 Canadian

And as far as affording games I've bought 10 in about amonth since I got my 360 LOL

Good for you, but that doesn't represent the average gamer.

Goku_69
09-02-2006, 12:34 PM
i have bought a lot of games since the 360 came out but i just can't see paying that for a sports game. but the table tennis game was only 40 so my g/f bought it and she enjoys it. i didn't really care for it to much

predatorprime
09-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Well obviously they aren't going to sell it at a loss. What does it cost to make a game these days? I fail to see it costing almost $80 Canadian

Good for you, but that doesn't represent the average gamer.

Yeah I know, I have gamer issues. The game is 50 Canadian anyways.

laughs
09-02-2006, 03:17 PM
The game is 50 Canadian anyways.

Oh yeah, but the majority of new games here in Canada is $59.99 to $69.99 plus tax... I'm not really complaining, cause it's always been that way. I remember paying $79.99 for Mario Bros 3 for example. I just feel that they could make just as much money if they slashed the prices. Sure their profits would be lower for each game sold, but they could sell two or three times as many games.

predatorprime
09-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah, but the majority of new games here in Canada is $59.99 to $69.99 plus tax... I'm not really complaining, cause it's always been that way. I remember paying $79.99 for Mario Bros 3 for example. I just feel that they could make just as much money if they slashed the prices. Sure their profits would be lower for each game sold, but they could sell two or three times as many games.

True, I remember my Grandparents having to order the orignal Phantasy Star for Master system and it was about 110 bucks canadian. The cost of games will come down as the new gen console come out. The funniest part is that people ***** when there's no HD quality graphics but thats what costs the money

Crazy Joe
09-02-2006, 10:59 PM

best part is, 360 games are MORE expensive than Xbox games in USD, but cuz the USD is so crappy now, 360 games are actually cheaper than Xbox games were at launch in CDN.

Ainokeatoo
09-02-2006, 11:59 PM

And that's the tricky part of business, the reason, that I think, the games right now are so high, is to make up for the costs for equipment and such for the making of the xbox 360 along with the high amount of un satisfied customers, due to the shortage. Plus, the games that come out that cost 30 bucks or less, are usually over hyped and aren't really what the demanding public wants, or expected, with the exception of a few game titles. And usually the over hyped ones die out quickly like Iron Phoenix and Phantom Dust to name a few... While unlike the ncaa games early last year did great while only selling at 20$.

predatorprime
09-03-2006, 12:06 AM
And usually the over hyped ones die out quickly like Iron Phoenix and Phantom Dust to name a few...

I've never heard of either of those games LOL
The big thing that I've heard is that the voice actors and the texture rendering for HD is whats driving the price up. For those people planning on getting a PS3 be prepared for 100 to 110 canadian dollar games, given that the Blu-Ray movies are 50 and the media is really expensive so you have to pay for that on top of the cost that the 360 would have. Its all relative anyways, we're now getting a better product as far as the production value so we should be paying more. It just kind of sucks that a "budget" title for 360 is going to be 50 bucks. Even Lego Star Wars 2 is 70 bucks, I paided 30 for the first one when it first came out for my Gamecube