PDA

View Full Version : Problems

da-x-man
02-27-2002, 06:36 PM
When I turn on my box, the L.E.D. flashes red/amber continuously and will not power up properly. I have to turn it on and off about 20 times before it will power up and work properly. Has anyone else experienced or heard of anything like this happening?
Thanks!

Da-X-Man

SciFi
02-27-2002, 06:41 PM
try calling the Xbox hotline

Toder
02-27-2002, 06:44 PM
sorry dude it sounds like you have an overheating problem. hope your still covered under your 90 day warrenty.

FlyBoy
02-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah, check out the manual... I remember reading something about overheating when the red light blinks like that... do you have it in a small space? For example, a cupboard for an entertainment center that fits the box "just right"? You gotta let that thing breathe!

GOOD LUCK!:confused:

da-x-man
02-28-2002, 05:34 PM
It's not an overheating issue, because this happens whenever I turn it on. It could have sat for 2 days without being turned on, and will do the same thing. It has been less than 90 days since I bought it, so it should still be covered by the warranty. Has anyone had experience trying to get warranty work done? Do they make you ship your box in? I can't go without my box :(
Thanks!

Da-X-Man