PDA

View Full Version : Boat load of shots for Gears of War

predatorprime
09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Glad I have my preorder on this one

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/images/index.jsp?releaseId=2005122011355464042&page=1

Who here is counting down the days till this baby is released upon the world

NiNeBReaKeR
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
this game looks sweet man,to be honest that was the first time ive ever looked at it but it definatly looks good,whens it hit the shelves?

predatorprime
09-06-2006, 12:42 PM
November 7th is the shipping date. I put preorders on this and forza yesterday. Its going to be amazing. If you get a chance there is a video from E3 that was just upped on to marketplace. Download it and watch it. The still do not do this game justice

wulkar
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
im going to love this game

l Maximus l
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I thought this game hits the shelves on November 12th? I remember this because it's my Birthday....unless the shipping date changed or something :confused:

Edit: From the same website - http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=200608031631269080&releaseId=2005122011355464042

Yeah, it says November 12th...which is bad ass because I know what I'm getting for my birthday :D

Anyway, this is my most anticipated game for the 360 - even more than Halo 3...

My most anticipated (in this order):

1. Gears of War
2. Assassin's Creed
3. Halo 3

m4oH
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Def. going to be picking this one up.

predatorprime
09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, it says November 12th...which is bad ass because I know what I'm getting for my

Ebgames has it listed to ship on the 7th and it is not "supposed" to be Street dated otherwise the site would ship on the 12th. The 12th is just emergance day which is when they start the advertising blitz for it

either way its only 5 days and I'll be playing Forza 2 till then anyways

CrazyAsiankid
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
oh man i can't wait for this game i just got my xbox 360 and i love it i just preordered gears of war today and i'm waitin till assain's creed omes out that looks real good

l Maximus l
09-06-2006, 05:31 PM
oh man i can't wait for this game i just got my xbox 360 and i love it i just preordered gears of war today and i'm waitin till assain's creed omes out that looks real good

Great minds think alike!

Welcome to XBoxaddict, by the way!

Nato King
09-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Gears of war is going to be a must have for your xbox360.

From what I am hearing from what people are saying I see this is going to be a xbox360 seller. If people need a reason to buy an xbox360 Gears of war is the answer.
:hail: :hail:

I can drink to that.

l Maximus l
09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
You know I can and WILL drink to that as well, Serg :D :cheers:

Also, I noticed on the main page of XBA that there is an available Gears of War demo that can be downloaded over XBox Live! I'm going to check it out!

Nato King
09-06-2006, 07:17 PM
You know I can and WILL drink to that as well, Serg :D :cheers:

Also, I noticed on the main page of XBA that there is an available Gears of War demo that can be downloaded over XBox Live! I'm going to check it out!

Ya I just put that up on the site about 2mins ago. I am watching it now and WOW is the only word I can about it.

NiNeBReaKeR
09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
You drink to everything dontcha serg?

Nato King
09-06-2006, 08:44 PM
You drink to everything dontcha serg?

yes I can.

And if you guys don't go DL this Gears of War Trailer from xbox live I am goind to break my xbox. Ok maybe not that I will think of something just go and DL you will thank me later.

For those that have DL it please post here on what you think and is it a game you will get.

Just say it's on my wish list.

and just for NineBreaker

I Can Drink to that. lol

predatorprime
09-06-2006, 08:52 PM
yes I can.

And if you guys don't go DL this Gears of War Trailer from xbox live I am goind to break my xbox. Ok maybe not that I will think of something just go and DL you will thank me later.

For those that have DL it please post here on what you think and is it a game you will get.

Just say it's on my wish list.

and just for NineBreaker

I Can Drink to that. lol

I'll have mine on release... and when I bring it home I'm gonna get my ass served up to me online...because thats how I play. My motto is Play and Lose, but Play to have fun

killerscott
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM
7th does make more sense being that every game, movie, and dvd comes out on tuesdays.

l Maximus l
09-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I called it a demo earlier...oops, I meant to say Trailer, but, I'm sure you all knew what I meant since it was on the home page of XBA. For those who thought it was an actual demo, I apologize - and to make things worse, there will be no demo until after the game is released...and that's a maybe.

Anyway, the Trailer was more of an interview with a guy from Epic who was playing Gears of War. They only showed a short sequence - the graphics are freakin' mind blowing and the gameplay looks pretty kick ass.

This is definately not a one shot one kill game by any means - that is, unless you can get close enough to smoke a fool with your chain saw. Also, I read that there is no jumping in Gears of War and it is replaced with a duck and cover type move instead. It looks incredibly natural based on observing the gameplay.

The single player "campaign" portion looks solid graphically and gameplay-wise. Obviously, since it was an interview, we were not graced with the game's sound, but rather, the guy from Epic was conversing with the interviewer from IGN. I'm not sure if this game is two-player Co-op, but, it wouldn't surprise me if it was...but again, I'm not sure.

The only thing I am wondering about is multi-player. Apparently, based from the interview, it can only go up to 4 versus 4. While I am not the biggest fan of 16 man games with every game, it makes me wonder what the reason is. For instance, in Halo, you can play with up to 16 people - and while I don't prefer large games like that, I like knowing that I can play 16 man games if I wanted to. I'm not saying that Gears of War is going to be a bad multi-player game by any means...and certainly not based on that; however, I am really wondering how the multi-player is going to work and I somewhat question the long-term playability - again, only because I'm not sure how it's going to work. They could put it together in a way that makes sense and it could be so kick ass that it's not even funny, but, we'll see.

From what I saw, the Campaign would be enough reason to not only buy this game, but, preorder it because it's going to be a huge seller.

Carlos X
09-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I will preorder this once I stop being sick. :(

Nato King
09-07-2006, 02:41 AM
IThe only thing I am wondering about is multi-player. Apparently, based from the interview, it can only go up to 4 versus 4. While I am not the biggest fan of 16 man games with every game, it makes me wonder what the reason is. For instance, in Halo, you can play with up to 16 people - and while I don't prefer large games like that, I like knowing that I can play 16 man games if I wanted to. I'm not saying that Gears of War is going to be a bad multi-player game by any means...and certainly not based on that; however, I am really wondering how the multi-player is going to work and I somewhat question the long-term playability - again, only because I'm not sure how it's going to work. They could put it together in a way that makes sense and it could be so kick ass that it's not even funny, but, we'll see.

From what I saw, the Campaign would be enough reason to not only buy this game, but, preorder it because it's going to be a huge seller.

Nice comment max. Now can everyone who has seen the trailer comment on it too.

l Maximus l
09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
It took me a few moments to figure out where it was...obviously, everyone wants to check out the IGN section on their 360 menu...it's in there.

predatorprime
09-07-2006, 03:12 PM
It took me a few moments to figure out where it was...obviously, everyone wants to check out the IGN section on their 360 menu...it's in there.

I'm an insider and they have cool vids... no Masterbits yet though

Batman_wanna_be
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Good find on the pics man. I can't wait til this game comes out. I bet the reason why the 4 vs 4 is because of the reasons you where saying Max, 8 vs 8 is all of poeple and stuff to keep up with and the game looks pretty fast paced so it maybe to much for the player to play anything bigger than a 4 vs 4 game.