PDA

View Full Version : NHL 07 Demo

predatorprime
09-07-2006, 08:30 AM
there is a NHL 07 Demo on Marketplace today. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
I'm dying to play it even though I probably wont buy the game.

Nato King
09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
there is a NHL 07 Demo on Marketplace today. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
I'm dying to play it even though I probably wont buy the game.

I think we know because I posted this news on the front page xboxaddict.com.

I am DL it now. I am not too much of a NHL fan but because it's free why not. lol:cheers:

predatorprime
09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I think we know because I posted this news on the front page xboxaddict.com.

I am DL it now. I am not too much of a NHL fan but because it's free why not. lol:cheers:

I posted it because i beat you to it :hardcore: LOL
I also don't always go to the main page. I have a link that goes directly to the forums

EDIT - After looking into it the demo is a crap Shoot out demo... hockey fans hate shoot out what was EA thinking

darkmatter13
09-10-2006, 12:35 PM
i enjoy shootouts, though the demo left alot to be desired

predatorprime
09-10-2006, 03:00 PM
i enjoy shootouts, though the demo left alot to be desired

The new control system kind of sucks. I found it way too annoying when I was playing the demo. So far EA sports have the WORST demos...with the exception of FNR3

CrazyCougar
09-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I agree that the demo was less to be desired in gameplay delivery. BUT totally disagree about the control scheme absolutely sucking. I think its brilliant. People are so used to the button scheme for sports game and will hate change. But in the end this is the way to go for video game hockey. So much more control over your shots, etc.

I bet 2K begins leaning towards this as well. And for the crybabies that dont want to work with the new scheme because its something different, there is always the option of choosing the classic controller style. They'll probably leave that in the game for the next 2 years, just so people dont have a hissy fit.

predatorprime
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I agree that the demo was less to be desired in gameplay delivery. BUT totally disagree about the control scheme absolutely sucking. I think its brilliant. People are so used to the button scheme for sports game and will hate change. But in the end this is the way to go for video game hockey. So much more control over your shots, etc.

I bet 2K begins leaning towards this as well. And for the crybabies that dont want to work with the new scheme because its something different, there is always the option of choosing the classic controller style. They'll probably leave that in the game for the next 2 years, just so people dont have a hissy fit.

LOL I think you miss understood my issue with the controls, probably because I didn't explain it very well. I thought it was a cool idea at first but I found it wasn't very responsive and it made it very difficult to properly aim shots. Part of the problem may have been that the demo doesn't explain anything to you. Anyways I think its best to wait atleast 2 or 3 years before buying a sports title in the next gen. Right now all we're getting a upgraded (graphically) ports with less content in them. FIFA 07 seems to be the only one getting it right (they have a seperate team building it from the ground up). Oh well... EA will still make money of the Madden series because people need those roster updates

CrazyCougar
09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah I was a little confused with how to actual make shots but the more I played with it the better I learned. When moving the right thumbstick your left analog becomes your aiming mechanism. Shoot low by pulling down, high by pushing up, etc... Seems very precise to. I really like the scheme the more I play with it.

I am really looking forward to what EA does with college baseball since 2K absolutely dropped the ball this year. 2K6 had a chance to be great, but there was more glaring things wrong with the game then there was good to say about it.

Basketball, well I really couldnt give 2 craps about that sport or its games..LOL!

And football. I am satisfied with what EA put out this year in Madden. Room to improve? Sure. But still a fun games to play. And NCAA...well, year in and year out it proves to be the sports game of the year. And I think they nailed that again this year on the 360. Of course all the above is in my opinion.

I have wanted to support 2K Sports so much the past few years, but they keep dropping the ball over and over. Hockey went stale, which was their BEST sprts title hands down. Football just got worse as the franchise became older. Sorry but 2k5 did not live up to anything I expected. I know there are plenty of fan boys out there that will insist that 2k5 is the best football game ever, but I am sorry I have to disagree. I'd rather go back to 2K1 on the dreamcast then play 2K5. As far as I am concerned, 2K and Take 2 can just go away because they obviously cant figure out how to develop for the 360. Other than crashing everyones systems, or freezing them up constantly.