PDA

View Full Version : What was the most over rated x-box game?

Saten 666x1
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
man it has to be Halo 2. That game had an army of followers before it was released and it turned out to be worst then first.

NiNeBReaKeR
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
If you ask me it was fable

wulkar
09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
i think fable and halo 2 are tied

ll Mista GT ll
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
hmmm maybe fable too. didn't see much in that game

m4oH
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
I didn't fall into any hype of fable so I was rather impressed with it. I'd go with Halo 2, it's a great game but it really could have been so much more.

FatBox
09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Morrowind, I mean it was a cool game but there are RPG's out there that are much better than this one, maybe not for the Xbox but there are plenty for the PS2 and PC.

m4oH
09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Most overrated XBOX game. You even said it was the best xbox RPG. So if it's the best how is it overrated? :huh:

NiNeBReaKeR
09-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Most overrated XBOX game. You even said it was the best xbox RPG. So if it's the best how is it overrated? :huh:
lol guess he didnt realized that the thread was for X-Box games only

Urban Legend
09-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Halo 2, obviously.

aiden_1
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Halo 2, obviously.

:cuss: no way it is well fable i mean look at the hype:cuss:

Batman_wanna_be
09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Fable was the most over hyped game on the xbox due to the fact of it did not deliver on a lot of the things they said they were going to. So much so they had to sell an expansion pack.

Saten 666x1
09-13-2006, 05:21 PM
fable was to short, u could beat ihe game in 3 hours but halo 2 was not all that great. Halo 1 was 1000 times better and all halo 2 had that Halo 1 didn't was online game play

NiNeBReaKeR
09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
fable was to short, u could beat ihe game in 3 hours but halo 2 was not all that great. Halo 1 was 1000 times better and all halo 2 had that Halo 1 didn't was online game play
Dont forget DUAL WEILDING FOOL!!! lolz jk man

l Maximus l
09-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I never bought Fable nor was I interested in the game at the time, so, I can't say Fable personally - eventhough I heard from tons of people that it was a huge let down...

I'm definately going to say that Halo 2 was the most overrated game on XBox...perhaps of all time. That game single handidly destroyed every LAN party and tournaments on the Original XBox all around the world.

I also have a noteworthy mention for the huge disappointment that was Brute Force...Oh man...that game was ridiculously over hyped.

Since I'm at it, Perfect Dark Zero has to be the most overrated XBox 360 game. That game single handidly made me want to return my XBox 360 to the store, even when I bought it on launch day and no 360s were available for purchase! I was so pissed....

thunderkiss2k1
09-14-2006, 09:15 AM
man it has to be Halo 2. That game had an army of followers before it was released and it turned out to be worst then first.

That single statement proves that you have little if any taste in games.

aiden_1
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM
50 cent bulletproof.man thay sayed it was reelistic and he ran like he wis reddy to do a poo

m4oH
09-14-2006, 01:50 PM
That single statement proves that you have little if any taste in games.
I know thousands that would disagree.

thunderkiss2k1
09-15-2006, 07:46 AM
I know thousands that would disagree.

The only ones I've seen criticise it are the ones who suck at multiplayer.

NiNeBReaKeR
09-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Since I'm at it, Perfect Dark Zero has to be the most overrated XBox 360 game. That game single handidly made me want to return my XBox 360 to the store, even when I bought it on launch day and no 360s were available for purchase! I was so pissed....

im with you 100% man,that game destroyed all good memories of the original for me..it sucked hard

m4oH
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I've never seen a pro that says Halo 2 is better than Halo. My best guess is you're a dumbass level like 40 or something that thinks he's god of the game. Final Boss (if you don't know who they are then just shut up you're a noob) agrees that Halo requires much more skill to play. Halo 2 is simply who controls the weapon. I don't really want to get into this arguement though because it has been done way too many times. I can send you a FR when I get a copy of H2 again and show you that you don't have to suck at H2 to know Halo CE required wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more skill making it better. Go to mlgpro.com read some of the forums. You'll realize how stupid you are.

FatBox
09-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Well there aren't many RPG's to choose from on the Xbox, Morrowind wasn't the best one either.

m4oH
09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
What one do you think was the best? Not trying to be mean or anything just wondering because I'd like to pick up another rpg sometime. I've played KoToR II and was pretty upset with it. I have really played any others besides Fable and Morrowind.

FatBox
09-15-2006, 03:32 PM
KOTOR 1 was much better in my opinion, the storyline at least. I personally thought both KOTOR games were better than Morrowind, they grabbed my attention more and I also enjoyed Fable, but that it probably because I never got caught up in all the hype before it was released. Jade Empire is also another great RPG for the Xbox, same with Baldur's Gate games except they are more of hack n' slash than RPG. I suggest checking out the first KOTOR and Jade Empire.

NiNeBReaKeR
09-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Jade Empire was OK,but not better then Morrowind- not even close

thunderkiss2k1
09-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I've never seen a pro that says Halo 2 is better than Halo. My best guess is you're a dumbass level like 40 or something that thinks he's god of the game. Final Boss (if you don't know who they are then just shut up you're a noob) agrees that Halo requires much more skill to play. Halo 2 is simply who controls the weapon. I don't really want to get into this arguement though because it has been done way too many times. I can send you a FR when I get a copy of H2 again and show you that you don't have to suck at H2 to know Halo CE required wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more skill making it better. Go to mlgpro.com read some of the forums. You'll realize how stupid you are.

Listen, little boy, your entire reply just shows how IMMATURE you are and proves my statement true about Halo 2. Do me a favor... just shut it.

m4oH
09-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Haha nice comeback. I knew you were an idiot.

vman
09-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Listen, little boy, your entire reply just shows how IMMATURE you are and proves my statement true about Halo 2. Do me a favor... just shut it.
you are the dumbest person i've seen post in a while. of all the ppl that have played halo and halo2, you are in the minority that thinks halo2 is better. Halo2 requires so little skill to master, it's not even funny. Most of Halo2 is luck, IMO. lay off M4 cause he knows what he's talking about. He's also probably a better halo player than you so i suggest that you just drop it.

thunderkiss2k1
09-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Haha nice comeback. I knew you were an idiot.

For starters, your assertion that Halo2 is the most over-rated game on the Xbox, as well as your assertion that it is not as good as or better than Halo is just YOUR OPINIOIN. It's not FACT nor is it an opinion shared by a vast majority of players. Not a day goes by that I don't see literally THOUSANDS of people playing Halo2 online. If what you've said is true, then what about all these players? Surely over a thousand gamers can't be wrong. As for vman's assertion that you are probably a better player than me, I don't know. I've never had much of an ego so I don't make pronouncements like that about my skill or lack thereof.

P.S calling me an idiot is not exactly an "intelligent" comeback either.

m4oH
09-17-2006, 10:08 AM
All the pro players who play H2 is because guess what? It's online unlike the first one. And yet they still LAN the first one all the time and play on XBC. I have yet to run into a pro or even a good player that says halo 2 is a better game than halo. You could prove me wrong though if you'd like. Sure Halo 2 is a good game but it could have been so much better. And as for opinions, it is indeed my opinion that Halo is better than Halo 2. However it is a fact that Halo requires much more skill to play.

scozzard
09-18-2006, 01:19 AM
did anyone ever play that game pariah? i don't know if it was over-rated but man it sucked. It looked like it could have been cool, what with the fancy front-cover and back story, but it royally sucked, I'd rather have a hunk of dog turd resting on my shelf than that piece of crap. Whoever developed that game should be slammed round the back of the head with a 2x4.

Saten 666x1
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
pariah was an ok game but the front cover as u said was a littel more leading than than the game. and whoever developed that game should be slammed round the back of the head with a 2x4 not a 4x2 not to be rude.

I cant belive how popular this thread has got.

Tony_Macaroni
09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
FABLE nuff said.

scozzard
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
pariah was an ok game but the front cover as u said was a littel more leading than than the game. and whoever developed that game should be slammed round the back of the head with a 2x4 not a 4x2 not to be rude.

I cant belive how popular this thread has got.

Are you happy now I've edited my thread to say 2x4 not 4x2, my sincerest apologies for making that oh so embarrassing mistake, please forgive me oh master of grammar

:cheers:

Saten 666x1
09-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Are you happy now I've edited my thread to say 2x4 not 4x2, my sincerest apologies for making that oh so embarrassing mistake, please forgive me oh master of grammar

:cheers:
Thanks for that all might sarcastic response but appolagy accepted lol:rofl:

Snowblind
09-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Call me an *******, but I thought Project Gotham was overrated to hell. I just don't see what people like so much about it.

LiquidX
09-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Fable was overrated. Not a bad game, just didnt deliver on everything. I still had fun with it.

Halo 2. Still fun as hell. Not the experience that Halo 1 was. Overrated, yes. Bad game, not even close, still a great game. I miss the days of settin up 4 TV's in different rooms to play CTF on Blood Gulch, where your rockets didnt home, the only one hit kills were from a melee from behind, and everyone had a chance if you had a pistol.

Enter The Matrix. I cant believe I bought that piece of crap.

Brute Force. Id rather play Pong the rest of my life than boot this up again.

Xorg
09-24-2006, 02:12 PM
wrong

BananaMan
09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
halo 2 for sure.

mattgame
10-07-2006, 05:55 PM
All the pro players who play H2 is because guess what? It's online unlike the first one. And yet they still LAN the first one all the time and play on XBC. I have yet to run into a pro or even a good player that says halo 2 is a better game than halo. You could prove me wrong though if you'd like. Sure Halo 2 is a good game but it could have been so much better. And as for opinions, it is indeed my opinion that Halo is better than Halo 2. However it is a fact that Halo requires much more skill to play.

I have to back the youngster up just a little. A fact has to be proven doesn't it? I mean I'm black, and that's a fact, because I have undeniable proof. Which game requires more skill is opinion still. Although, I will admit that I have seen evidence that Halo could very well be a more skill oreinted game than H2. Having said that, why don't you young men stop with the name calling? Can't neither one of you bust a grape.:cheers:

thatdude222
10-08-2006, 09:28 AM
i wouldnt say halo 2. yes, i'll admit the first one took more skill, but why does that make the game better? halo 2 was still damn fun in my opinion, i had great times with that game. i also loved the single player.
fable and rainbow six were very overrated in my opinion. they were both fun, but not what they are cracked up to be.
The Splinter Cell games also, i bought the first 2 and reallly didnt like them too much. overrated.

mattgame
10-08-2006, 06:52 PM
The most overrated game is GTA I mean all of them. Saints Row got em beat.

Reclaimer
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Overrated Xbox game?
Brute Force.

Overhyped, huge advertising campaigns at video game stores, tons of freebies to pre-order the game, OXM claiming the game to be a Halo killer in terms of gameplay and graphics.
I felt like the game was fairly mediocre at best.
Sure it was a pretty game, but it was repetitive as all hell and the multiplayer was boring because each of the game's characters were run of the mill and boring.

As far as this Halo 2 versus Halo CE crap..
Halo 2 shines in it's own way, just like how Halo CE shines in it's own.
But, the gaming community ruined Halo 2 with it's level boosting, standy-bying, and verbal abuse.

mattgame
10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
And don't forget tea-bagging.:hump:

Slowride
10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, etc.....

oh and GTA....what a pile of **** that game is.

scozzard
10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
It's got to be Fable,

The game promised a lifetime of fun and provided a little more than 8 hours gametime to complete.

I'd give my right nut to get those hours back.

Slacker
11-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Brute force,
halo 2

nuff said

nesgamingcom
11-06-2006, 02:37 AM
brute force by a mile man that game sucked

addict
11-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Halo 1&2