PDA

View Full Version : Theft of an XBOX

Crazy Joe
02-27-2002, 08:38 PM
man, oh man. My buddy had a party at his house last weekend, put his XBOX up in his room so nobody would see it but it got LIFTED!! Blows my mind, nothing but people he knew there and somehow they made off with the huge XBOX, weird thing is they didn't take any of the wires, controllers, games, nothing. His laptop computer was sitting on top of it, worth 5 times as much as the Xbox, and they moved it to take the Xbox. Just doesn't make any sense. Just thought I'd let you guys know to make sure you keep your box locked up tight!

SciFi
02-27-2002, 08:41 PM
that is a big bummer...
to think what some will do for the Xbox:(

Frostberg
02-27-2002, 09:27 PM
Maybe the X didnt want to feel beneath another CPU and mobo so it left...I just want to know how they got that beast out of there...not being anti-xbox in any way, but it is pretty dam* large and its not like you can stuff it in your jacket or under your shirt...

FlyBoy
02-27-2002, 09:31 PM
They probably brought their BEER BACK-PACKS to the party... that blows though dude!:mad:

Frostberg
02-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Thats why you got kegs...stealing this X just isint right...

Razor70
02-27-2002, 09:37 PM
Man I can't believe someone that he knew would swoop that low to take something like a Xbox. I know they are expensive and everything, but to steal it from a friend...that is not right. Did he notice anyone out of the ordinary there..I mean like someone that someone else might have brought? Just wondered. Sorry to hear about that one.

Crazy Joe
02-27-2002, 09:39 PM
we thought it might have been someone being a smartass, pulling a joke or something, since none of the games, controllers, wires, etc. were taken. but it was like a week and a half ago and no one has heard anything. it bites the nuts.

Frostberg
02-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Yesh that doesnt make sense he didnt even at least take the power cord...I dont quite understand the point of that...

wizkid918
02-27-2002, 09:45 PM
i'd be way ****ed, have to bust some skulls :)

Azazel
02-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Thats why I no longer have friends!
I prefer to just play xbox and make buddies with other gamers whom Ill never meet! Thats the safest way to go about things.

wizkid918
02-27-2002, 09:52 PM
do what ya gotta do!

Rock2
02-27-2002, 09:55 PM
I hear that ty818 you just can't trust people like you use to.

DIGITAL
02-27-2002, 10:17 PM
thats why i keep my xbox wrapped in razor wire.im thinking of installing an alarm,but for now i got my cat to guard it.

mrmp3
02-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah about a month ago I thought mine got stolen. At about 4 P.M. in the morning my dog woke me up barking her ass off and I thought I heard someone coming through the door or somethin. Went downstairs like 4:04 and the doors were unlocked which my parents never leave unlocked. I found that to be quite odd but I checked around noone was in the house. So the next day, I was suppose to go to a friend's party with my Xbox and have a big ass Halo tourney. Well for some stupid reason, my parents grounded me for not bring home my books to study for mid-terms yet I knew the 2 mid-terms on Mon. like the back of my hand. I was sooooo f*ckin ****ed. I STILL haven't gotten to play halo 4 way cause 1 time I forgot the power cord. The other time the extension on the controller fell off so I couldn't plug one of them into the system. Now I was about to play Halo the first time ever 4 way and they grounded me. I went upstairs f*ckin mad and went to the to the room with the Xbox in it but I look down. My controllers are gone and the Xbox was too :mad: ! So were the games but the cords weren't takin out. First I get denied of playing Halo 4 way, now my Xbox is gone. Where could of it gone? Then I thought someone DID get into the house and took it (which afterwards I thought rather dumb. Unless it was a punk kid, you'd go into someone's house and grab stuff worth more money) I picked up a basket hucked it SMASH! broke a window. So then I got grounded another 2 weeks for breaking the window and I found out my parents took the Xbox and hid it in the basement for mid terms. So at least one good thing came out of this, my Xbox wasn't stolen.

Getting back on topic...man that sux one of his friends would do it. He could invite everyone from the party individually and see if they came back for the cables or the controllers. Hope you get it back. Signing off...

Crazy Joe
02-27-2002, 11:38 PM
well, we live on a university residence, usually nothing goes on without people hearing about it, hopefully someone will slip up to the wrong guy at some point

El Pollo Loco
02-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Man stealing the xbox is just downright wrong. Thats personal.... whats wrong with people? ok my venting is done..

Toder
02-28-2002, 12:42 AM
Wow that sucks for your friend. i hope he catches the guy that took it and beats the ***** out of him.

I'm going to have a part friday but i think i'll try a different approach then putting it in my room. i'll keep it by the tv were it always is. That way i'll notice the second it is missing. you know what they say "out of sight out of mind." or maybe 'll just put it in the safe. either way sounds good to me.

FlyBoy
02-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
Man stealing the xbox is just downright wrong. Thats personal.... whats wrong with people? ok my venting is done..

Settle down there chicken... don't get too crazy now... don't want to see things getting broken around here... HAHA:D

TRUE_GAMER
02-28-2002, 01:59 AM
At least they didn't take his games and controllers...lol

Crazy Joe
02-28-2002, 03:01 AM
ya, he can at least sell that stuff off, i don't think he's gonna buy another one, i of course will be nice enough to purchase Amped for a fair price

robnyack
02-28-2002, 12:01 PM
with friends like that.......

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:31 PM
The thought of not having my XBox is kind of disturbing!! :eek:

Man, some friends... :rolleyes: Whenever I have a party, we are actually playing the XBox, so, there is no way that it could be stolen without me knowing. But, all my friends own one, so, even if they were the stealing type, which they aren't, they wouldn't steal it anyway. If I thought that they would, they wouldn't be my friend, that's for sure.

But, yeah, I agree, that hugs da nutz. :(

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 12:39 PM
that is one thing I hate about people. You have them over to have a good time and they have no respect for you crap! I used to have parties at my house all the time until I noticed some of my cd's being lifted. I wanted to find out who was doing the lifting so I setup a "pet protector" a device that has a siren go off when someone moves into the path of it motion detector, behind some cds... I invited the same people over, and sure enough I heard the siren go off. I bolted up to the room and I saw some basterd with one of my cds. well to make the story short, he got his ass kicked by me and then after me my friends took their turn....Well no one has really seen that dude anymore becuase he sure as hell dosn't get invited to parties anymore!

Dude I feel for your friend! been there, had it happen to me! If I was him I would find out who recently got a "new" xbox and kick there ass just because!

2 things that **** me off the most
1. people that have no respect for my house (ie. spilling drinks and leaving them there, cds being jacked, couch being burned by ciggerettes, and stupid people that somehow wander in during partys that I don't even know!)

2. people that let there doors slam into my car! (most irritating thing in the world to come out to your car and see a new dent!) I actually caught a person that hit my door, I was just walking behind them to my car and saw what they did! I became libid at that point...I think I scared them....they forked $50 over to me just to get me to shut up!.....still ****es me off!

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm going to have a part friday but i think i'll try a different approach then putting it in my room. i'll keep it by the tv were it always is. That way i'll notice the second it is missing. you know what they say "out of sight out of mind." or maybe 'll just put it in the safe. either way sounds good to me.

yeah that is what I use the pet sirens for. I want to know who is thinking about taking it, the second it is touched......you have been caught! I just have to much stuff to keep track of, and sometime partys get a little out of hand! I actually would like someone to try to take my xbox......I really would love to try some ufc moves on someone!

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

2. people that let there doors slam into my car! (most irritating thing in the world to come out to your car and see a new dent!) I actually caught a person that hit my door, I was just walking behind them to my car and saw what they did! I became libid at that point...I think I scared them....they forked $50 over to me just to get me to shut up!.....still ****es me off!

Dude, I know this doens't relate to the topic, but, you made me think of a time when I was sitting in my car in this yuppy part of Seattle called "Bellevue" and I was parked while eating my lunch. And then, some dude in a Lexus opened up his car door and SLAMMING my passenger door with his car door! I set down my lunch and opened up my car door and asked him "WTF are you doing? Do you not have any respect for other people's property? I suggest you get out of here, @sshole!"

Then I finished my lunch and all was good :D Surprisingly, no ding...just some paint off of HIS car got on mine...nothing that a little spit on my finger couldn't rub off :D

Storm
02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by mrmp3
At about 4 P.M. in the morning...

hehe...have you thought about becoming a writer? :)

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Storm

hehe...have you thought about becoming a writer? :)

lol...I noticed that, too...but, I held it back.. :D