PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an indoor HDTV antenna, HD gurus needed

mrmp3
09-19-2006, 07:43 PM
I recently purchased a TV with a built-in tuner for HDTV and it's capable of displaying 480p/720p/1080i. Now I know people won't recommend it, BUT, my cable company is right down the road from me, literally like 5 houses down. So what kind should I get? My price range is anywhere upwards of $70 (though I'd like to spend closer to $30-$50)

pjh13
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
hey yeah i have the same question as you( i dont live five doors down but my cable company doesnt offer all of the local hd channels)

l Maximus l
09-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Perhaps I'm a little confused...are you trying to look into cable TV service that offers different packages for HDTV shows?

I use Comcast and I have the HD-Tuner. With internet and cable TV, my monthly bill is about $110 or so (I'm not 100% sure, but, I know it's a little over a hundred bucks). They have quite a few HDTV channels and I really enjoy many of them - I watch them frequently.

I'm looking forward to getting a new plasma monitor soon. I need one...it's a bear necessity...for survival purposes...must have one...

mrmp3
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Unless you have digital cable or satellite with certain equipment, you are unable to view the HDTV channels. An antenna should get you CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC (maybe a couple more, not too sure). Along with the standard channels, an antenna can also pick up the HDTV channels of those stations (so no ESPNHD). It's football season and that's pretty much the main reason I'm looking for one. So does anyone know of one that is a good indoor antenna?