PDA

View Full Version : the way I see it..ps3 and Wii and Xbox.

odpr
09-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I know thissubject was talked a lot here, but now many pictures start to flow on the ps3, and the wii, I have to say this.

it's look like Microsoft coordinated the attack on playstaion like military attack, p[ay attention at the way they work, amazing to see that when ps 3 is on the way, Microsoft pull another rabbit
and introduce the new ability to play on Hd on full resolution, that mean that almost the last thing that playstion could have offer on the Xbox also fail.

now the only thing left to them to present is games
, but except very few, ALL o the games are multi platform, looking at the pic in the game spot site, there is no difference, because now happen what happened to the XBOX , company will not start programming different games to different console
they aim more or less to the middle, so since XBOX is now first, most of the games look like the GFX of the Xbox.
Amazing,
I can not really see anyone buying ps three, I can not think even on one good reason to buy it, maybe it has two or three exclusive, but that is all
for that to pay over six hundred u have to be a loony.

But the most interesting part here is wii, am I the only one here who feel that Nintendo are going to go back to the glory days?
They simply reinvented gaming; the GFX is not that bad. actually a little better then the Xbox, and slightly less then the Xbox three sixty ,
Not something to cry on, and the fun of plying this games + the price.
I think that if it is as good as it look, Nintendo is going back to the glory days.

What to u say ?

FatBox
09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Wii > Xbox 360 > PS3

Yeah, Sony totally blew it this time around.

Ainokeatoo
09-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I know a few people only getting it for blue ray...

LiquidX
09-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Im gonna wait to pass judgement on the Wii. It sounds like an interesting and fun idea but can they really make it work? I dont really see hardcore games gettin up and waving a stick around for a 3 or 4 hour session of Zelda/Metroid/Mario whatever. Maybe if you can sit down and play it like a normal controller if you want? Dont know if you can do that I havent kept up on it that much. I'll wait to see if it works out and if theres any must have titles within a couple months or a year.

The PS3. All I have to say is... $600. No. I paid $40 for my PS2, and I barely touched it. Theres just nothin on there for me.

The 360, I own it and love it. Oblivion is like crack for me right now.

360 > Wii > PS3

Batman_wanna_be
09-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I dont see the PS3 selling every well at all the Blu-Ray is to unflexable, they have broken promises and not delivered on things, and they are going to have console shortages.

The Wii has a good gimmick, but will it pay off in the end, no I dont think so, LiquidX said it right would you what to wave a stick around for three or four hours, proably not.

The Xbox 360 had a rough start, but now it has so much momentum that I dont think it can be stopped by a system that does not devliver/overpriced or a gimmick on a kids system.

ll Mista GT ll
09-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Xbox 360 FTW.

I am going to buy a Wii though. I just love how stupid the name is :p Those Japenese people... lol

vman
09-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Xbox 360 FTW.

I am going to buy a Wii though. I just love how stupid the name is :p Those Japenese people... lol
i know how they came up with their name... they just put on their socks one day and were like "Wiiiiiiii!":hardcore:

Mwright
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
i know how they came up with their name... they just put on their socks one day and were like "Wiiiiiiii!":hardcore:
yea im not so sure about the wiii... i really dont think that the are trying to back to the old days....that **** justs for marketing and making u think its something new...but think about it for a minute...i play games to relax...and sometimes i lay in my bed and play and sometimes i sit infront of the tv....sometimes i sit at an angle from the tv...how the system gonna work if ur not sitting right in front of it...iv watched the videos on nintendos site and the one and only thing that isnt making me want it at all is the fact it looks tiring...watch the asian move his hand across and stuff looks fun at 1st but would get very tiring after a while:rolleyes:

odpr
09-21-2006, 04:27 PM
yes there is something about what you say, that to walk around the room for 4 hours, and jump and so, this could be like sport :)

I don't think that in the end you have to wave it like crazy, but then again you are right, so maybe people will buy both wii and Xbox, after all both of them cost like one PS...

Flame Sword8
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I think yall are just lazy, if you want to play nice calming games im sure they got them, like wii sports or wii channels and all the other things it has to offer.

Slowride
09-26-2006, 10:07 PM
For the most part gamers are inherently lazy. If they weren't then they wouldn't have picked up a hobby where all you physically do is sit on your couch. It's basically watching tv on coke.

Primal DL
09-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I think people who take gaming seriously either play, xbox360 or the PC.

I play way to much and take it so seriously I dont have the time nor the money to be buying the PS3 or the Wii.

But if I did have thte moneyand time to go buy one I would get the Wii.

Nintendo is trying to make something un-heard of. Helloooo has anyone heard of N64?

I think they are on to something and it is about time for Nintendo to get some recognition for there hard work at making gaming what it is today.

and that is my little speech.

l Maximus l
09-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Personally, I hope Sony does well - same with Nintendo. There is easily room for 3 consoles....besides, with healthy competition, only consumers win. You guys really need to keep that in mind.

I just don't think Blu-Ray is going to be as huge as Sony thinks...and the price tag on the PS3 will have to go down if they are going to attract the middle-income crowd. Sony has to come out with some kick ass exclusives before really making an impact.

Regardless of console power and graphics, the bottom-line thing that is going to make or break a console has everything to do with the games. I believe Nintendo will do very well since they make kick ass first party games, eventhough they typically concentrate on the younger crowds.

Myself? I'm perfectly content with the XBox 360. Unless Sony comes out with a game that utterly kicks so much ass that I have to have it, I won't even dream of buying a PS3. For instance, if the PS3 has a game that is so damn successful and incredibly fun like the original Halo for XBox, I would easily pick up a PS3 - despite the price tag. I mean, I would be willing to pay $100 for an original copy of Halo 1 if it were XBL enabled...hell, even $200.