PDA

View Full Version : this threads for that gamecube fan smilebit an anyone else who wants to see xbox rule

DIGITAL
02-27-2002, 10:51 PM
check this link out http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1014837134,53792, i hope it works ,it shows how the xbox launch in japan went better then the gamecube japan launch

DIGITAL
02-27-2002, 10:57 PM
i now see smilebits thread 2 things that will kill the xbox is closed but i really want him to see that link above where it shows the xbox has done better then the gamecube in japan.so huh smilebit go play your little kidde cube an cry

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 12:02 AM
Hillarious link; I would believe it if every other site in the world hadn't confirmed that GCN sold 200,000+ in Japan ON LAUNCH DAY, and 300,000 in the first week. Who writes this .html? Don't they look at Famitsu reports at least?

On a related note, Xbox sold around 120,000 last weekend.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is dead wrong man...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

thunderkiss2k1
02-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Hillarious link; I would believe it if every other site in the world hadn't confirmed that GCN sold 200,000+ in Japan ON LAUNCH DAY, and 300,000 in the first week. Who writes this .html? Don't they look at Famitsu reports at least?

On a related note, Xbox sold around 120,000 last weekend.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is dead wrong man...

THIS from the supposedly all-knowing "official ninja of (guffaw) Gamers Tavern"? Tell me why I have trouble taking ANYTHING you say seriously??

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

THIS from the supposedly all-knowing "official ninja of (guffaw) Gamers Tavern"? Tell me why I have trouble taking ANYTHING you say seriously?? 1). You don't believe Famitsu, the world's leading sales stat tracker.

2). You probably don't like me for some odd reason (now WHAT could that be; have I done anything to YOU in particular?)

3). You don't take things seriously from people, period.

4). You use the term "guffaw".

5). You are an Xbox fan, and this sounds like bad news to you.

Rock2
02-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Sales or no sales xbox beats ***cube anyday

thunderkiss2k1
02-28-2002, 11:24 AM
1). You don't believe Famitsu, the world's leading sales stat tracker.

2). You probably don't like me for some odd reason (now WHAT could that be; have I done anything to YOU in particular?)

3). You don't take things seriously from people, period.

4). You use the term "guffaw".

5). You are an Xbox fan, and this sounds like bad news to you.

Or maybe it's because you like to think you are an expert in game development or any other subject people bring up in here, when the reality is: you don't know anything. Or because you seem to want to deny the facts, even when they are presented to you. As far as Famitzu is concerned, i read their article and the things you state as fact are just one analyst's opinion.

Razor70
02-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Now now children let's all play nice. Or do I have to put you into two seperate corners. Come on we are all Xbox fans and if the Xbox sold at all in Japan that's good enough for Microsoft, which in turn is good enough for us the gamers. It means that they will keep making them and with the UK launch coming up, I think we will see the system really take off. Give it time, something new like this system is always a slow starter in other countries.

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

Or maybe it's because you like to think you are an expert in game development or any other subject people bring up in here, when the reality is: you don't know anything. Or because you seem to want to deny the facts, even when they are presented to you. As far as Famitzu is concerned, i read their article and the things you state as fact are just one analyst's opinion. Read Famitsu's stuff?? Then read bloomberg's:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/098/098391p1.html

"According to Nikkei Net and Bloomberg, Nintendo sold 300,000 GameCubes in the first three days following the console's launch."
Or Nikkei:

http://www.gamespot.co.uk/stories/news/0,2160,2095457,00.html
"The publication reports that the company has unofficially sold between 280,000 and 300,000 units of the initial shipment of approximately 450,000 units - originally slated to be 500,000 units - in the three days since the console's launch."

And was also reported selling 500k by October- two weeks of sales. Also to be noted was the recent tragedy just 3 days before launch, which was thought to hinder sales tremendously.

C'mon TK. What was I supposed to do? Run by this untruth in this link, and say nothing about it while others believe it is true?

That, I don't do.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Read Famitsu's stuff?? Then read bloomberg's:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/098/098391p1.htmlOr Nikkei:

http://www.gamespot.co.uk/stories/news/0,2160,2095457,00.html

And was also reported selling 500k by October- two weeks of sales. Also to be noted was the recent tragedy just 3 days before launch, which was thought to hinder sales tremendously.

C'mon TK. What was I supposed to do? Run by this untruth in this link, and say nothing about it while others believe it is true?

That, I don't do.

Shadow Fox...I know you probably won't care what I have to say, but, sometimes your ego actually does get in the way of your good personality. Many times you are cool, other times you get under my skin....that's when the ego kicks in.

We are all just here to have fun....that's what brings me here...great buddies, fun, and, without a doubt, the XBox :)

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Shadow Fox...I know you probably won't care what I have to say, but, sometimes your ego actually does get in the way of your good personality. Many times you are cool, other times you get under my skin....that's when the ego kicks in.

We are all just here to have fun....that's what brings me here...great buddies, fun, and, without a doubt, the XBox :) I have a "good" personality??

Um, OK...

*slowly backs away from Maximus in fear*

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Is it me or should'nt this thread be in the debate forums?

Anyways, Famitsu is the number 1 source in Japan. But they are not the world leaders. That title goes to those kids over at NPD Group.
As far as the sales numbers thus far. Those true numbers wont be offical for another good week or two.

But regardless, both Xbox & GameCube had poor opening numbers, so what. I knew it was coming, Microsoft did too. It's just all about convincing the Japanese from here on out that the Xbox is nothing to back away from.

But tell me this, are you guys gonna debate forever who had the worse opening numbers between Xbox & GC?
:rolleyes:

darianX
02-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Anyway, why debate an unwinnable debate? Furthermore, Shadow Fox seems lately to be one of the anti-Xbox folks for some reason. PLUS---he stole Ninja Scroll's "Official" designation right off of him!! D@mmnnnnn....

Shadow Fox
02-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by darianX
Anyway, why debate an unwinnable debate? Furthermore, Shadow Fox seems lately to be one of the anti-Xbox folks for some reason. PLUS---he stole Ninja Scroll's "Official" designation right off of him!! D@mmnnnnn.... :rolleyes: .........

*coughs*

Yup, this thread should go in the debate boards, although there is no debate- the source to this topic is wrong- no point in bickering about how wrong it is.