PDA

View Full Version : Scary/Horror Games

scozzard
09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Due to the dwindling price of original black-box xbox games, I have turned to purchasing and chomping through these easy to obtain and play games. In particular, I've been hacking through all the horror games. Some are sweet and seriously scary, and some are well, crap.

I found the sufferings and silent hill to be highly suspensefull and had great game play (everytime a ghost sprung up in "Silent Hill: The Room" I had to reach for new undies).

Other games, i.e., Project Zero, I found to kind of scary but going through a game and being told exactly what to do and where to go every second too childish. Being a hot school-girl was pretty sweet though.

What do you guys think are the most horrifying games available?

Also, I think they should make more of these kinds of games but spend more time developing the games so all aspects like graphics and combat engines are fine tuned creating a more intense/gripping experience for the user.

scozzard
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
whoa....... My threads off the hook!!

Rhiannon
09-29-2006, 06:20 AM
I found Fatal Frame 2 The Crimson Butterfly to be an amazing horror genre gae on the Xbox. It's also my understanding that the Xbox version has added content over the Ps2 version. I am pretty sure that the Original Fatal Frame was made an Xbox title as well. Give those a try I am sure you would like them. :)

scozzard
10-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Awesome, cheers for that. i'll check it out!

Highlite23
10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
I found Fatal Frame 2 The Crimson Butterfly to be an amazing horror genre gae on the Xbox. It's also my understanding that the Xbox version has added content over the Ps2 version. I am pretty sure that the Original Fatal Frame was made an Xbox title as well. Give those a try I am sure you would like them. :)

Ah, you stole mine D, the Fatal Frame games are great.

Jackyboy
10-03-2006, 06:55 PM
havent played it, but isnt "The Thing" suppose to be a horror game?

scozzard
10-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Yea i thought The Thing was pretty sweet, almost more 3rd person shooter action though.