PDA

View Full Version : Thought Provoking Article

vman
09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok, first of all, I am well aware that this doesn't belong in this section of the forums but given the recent laziness of the mods here lately(claiming they have lives...HA, who are they kiddin?), I think I can get away with having the thread here for a while. It's just that nobody ever scrolls down to the "Other Console Section." Plus, I can argue that the article does have a little to do with the 360. Well, my point is: Mods, please keep it here :D

Anywho, I found this article about how the PS3 will lead to Sony's demise. Another member over at gametrailers.com posted it. Anyway, I found it a very interesting read and thought I'd share it with everyone here keeping with the "Soda Jones Vow."

Be warned! It's very long and you should only read it if you read at a 10th grade reading level...or if you just really hate Sony. :hardcore:

Why the Playstation 3 Will Bankrupt Sony (http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/17605)

wulkar
09-28-2006, 07:23 PM
does having a 12th grade reading level in forth grade and a immense hate of sony count?

vman
09-28-2006, 07:28 PM
does having a 12th grade reading level in forth grade and a immense hate of sony count?
only if you are wearing socks

l Maximus l
09-29-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm 30 and I read at a 10th grade level...so, I qualify to read it!

I read the entire thing. The writer makes some great points; however, I truly don't think that Sony is stupid. The problem for Sony is that they are delaying everything so long and is sacrificing a lot of time and an incredible amount of money while in the process of trying to cut more costs.

Take this entire article and couple it with the new technology that allows any data format to be stored on one disc which makes Blu-Ray obsolete. I don't want Sony to fail miserably by any means because they create healthy competition and that keeps prices down for products from competing companies like Microsoft and Nintendo. But, there is absolutely no way I would purchase a PS3 without it having an extremely killer app to justify the price tag. For instance, I know I would undoubtedly purchase an XBL enabled Halo 1 for $200 if I had to - and I know of many people would do the same. Sony doesn't have a single exclusive that justifies the purchase of the system since the vast majority of games are already multi-platform and will likely cost less on the 360 and the Wii.

It's not that I can't afford the PS3...I am just not stupid enough to buy one.