PDA

View Full Version : I love you yet hate you oh 360!!

Luck Killer
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Alright here's the deal. I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for months since the 360 launched for Counter-Strike to be able to be played from the xbox to the 360. I was so patient then my friend tells me today that I can play it, I go to the menu to download the update to allow me to play.

Well, it glitches and freezes my console, I try it again, I go to the screen and try to download it. Same thing happens time and time again, after about the 5th attempt, I turn it off and turn it back on to take out the game, the system freezes up and won't let me play anything. I unplug and do all that junk to try and fix it. Then guess what happens... Yes.

THE RING OF DEATH!!!!

I was SO MAD....

I tryed all the stuff to fix it then as well. Then tonight I call up xbox and say that it is messed up, expecting them to send me another box because I had to get a previous one replaced. Well, I talk to them and they say

"Oh, I am sorry your warranty expired, it will cost 139.99 to fix the system."

I say to them "Can't I just renew the warranty? Why didn't I get a notice that it was ending?"

They reply "Oh, I am sorry but we do not tell the customer when the warranty is going to end, you should pay attention to the dates on it." So then they say "Would you like to purchase the repair order or think about it?"

I thought for a second and thought, well I have the freaking system, and I can't sell it since it is broken. So, I had to pay it so I had to go get my credit card and pay the stupid company. I was SO mad, still am I don't think I should have to pay for something there system did, I didn't destroy their system and I didn't do anything else but try and download the update. I recommend making sure your warranty is still good, and DON'T DOWNLOAD THE CS UPDATE!!

NiNeBReaKeR
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
dude that sucks,somthing simalar happened to my buddy and he had to pay that price as well....and another of my buddies just broke on him..ithink mine is the only one thats never had a problem yet.

predatorprime
10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
dude that sucks,somthing simalar happened to my buddy and he had to pay that price as well....and another of my buddies just broke on him..ithink mine is the only one thats never had a problem yet.

Don't say stuff like that, you'll jinx it.
Honestly though it depends on when you bought it. Any of the 2005 units are pretty much crap, luckly M$ is selling the 360s fast enough that there aren't old crap ones hanging around

Mwright
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM
i have an 05 unit and it works great...no major problems and i have a friend that got his on the 1st day it came out and he still doesnt have any problems...people dont 4get that the ps3 had that one screen when u put a game in and it wouldnt let u play..so this isnt the 1st time a system has had problems

Luck Killer
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
i have an 05 unit and it works great...no major problems and i have a friend that got his on the 1st day it came out and he still doesnt have any problems...people dont 4get that the ps3 had that one screen when u put a game in and it wouldnt let u play..so this isnt the 1st time a system has had problems

Yes, but this is the first system it happened to me on, and it happened 2 times! I can't believe they don't even supply us with a 1 year warranty.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
they do give you a 1 year warrenty if you pay for it.....

Squints07
10-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I have had similar issues. But it has also scratched up my discs. # seperate discs. They have told me they document this but it is not a console problem. Then after I am 9 days out of warranty they want me to send it in. For...............................yup........$139.99. What a load of crap that is. Very weak customer service and as far as I'm concerned product. Will be going back to old reliable Playstation soon.:confused: :cuss:

NiNeBReaKeR
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
only reason it scrathes discs is if you bump or move the console around while playing it,so its your own fault..

it happened to my copy of dead rising,i learned my lesson quikly after that...

killerscott
10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
mine was a day one 360 and it's going strong. no problems at all.

Luck Killer
10-03-2006, 09:11 AM
they do give you a 1 year warrenty if you pay for it.....
I did pay for it, but once I had my 360 taken back to get fixed the first time, they did not count the warranty for the new system they sent me because they didn't register it under the old account, so yea...

killerscott
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I did pay for it, but once I had my 360 taken back to get fixed the first time, they did not count the warranty for the new system they sent me because they didn't register it under the old account, so yea...

once you use the warrenty once to get it fixed you have to buy a warrenty.

Luck Killer
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
But that's stupid, it's their machine that broke on me without doing anything in the first place, why should I have to replace it again because of their mistakes?!?!?!

mattgame
10-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I have the same deal going. I have to pay the money, I need my 360.

pjh13
10-03-2006, 07:58 PM
its all about scamming the walmart return desk, that is the only thing to do when you break a system

Whisper
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
walmarts for the most part check the serial number now apparently to stop this..

if your system was made before 2006 you can get it repaired free

Luck Killer
10-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Mine was manufactured the 15th of january '06..... That blows... lol