PDA

View Full Version : Screw Gamefly

Mwright
10-04-2006, 04:04 PM
i know here at xba we like to look out 4 other memebers and try to prevent them to waste money and go through hard times like we once have had to do...anway gamefly..yes it looks so great on the tv ads and in the mags u read about games. and i thought that way too and thats why i joined...it was great and i loved it but then...it started to suck..1st of all there center where they recieve and get games is in LA..which is a problem if u live in Indiana because some times i had 1-2 week turn arounds(but people in LA say it can take up to 5 days to even get it to them). The worst part is...you ship back a game or they send you one in the mail yet..you never get it or they never recieve it..after there slow reponse time they tell u they are sorry and ship out another one..now thats great until the shut down ur account like myself...idk if its because its in LA or what but im not the only person this has happened too..but after 9 months of being a member i found...http://www.gamerang.com...now if any users have this service please tell me because i really like how they have a center thats pretty close to me and people report 2 day turn arounds...bottom line..dont let the ads and nice looking website make u think there service is great...there are other services online u just have to look

wulkar
10-04-2006, 04:10 PM
thay should have more head quarters across the US.

Mwright
10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
yea but not getting the games not that fast wasnt the only problem..my account was shut down because there system of sending and getting games doesnt work

CrazyCougar
10-04-2006, 05:06 PM
GameznFlix.com is a much better option, especially for East Coast ad Midwest Folks. First off its $9 cheaper per month for 2 games at a time ($12.99/month compared to 21.99 for gamefly).

Secondly they have distribution centers all across the US and they pretty much guarantee that you should get a game within 48 hours of it being sent. Not a solid guarantee, but thats their goal. I dropped Gamefly pretty quickly as well since it didnt go well for me on the East Coast. There Fast Return doesnt work very well either. Gameznflix has not let me down as of yet. No lost games, and everything gets to me quickly and back to the DC.

Check it out. I believe Circuit City has a hand in it as well, as they promote the service on their website and in store ads. So definitely seems to be a better option.

http://www.gameznflix.com

Mwright
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
GameznFlix.com is a much better option, especially for East Coast ad Midwest Folks. First off its $9 cheaper per month for 2 games at a time ($12.99/month compared to 21.99 for gamefly).

Secondly they have distribution centers all across the US and they pretty much guarantee that you should get a game within 48 hours of it being sent. Not a solid guarantee, but thats their goal. I dropped Gamefly pretty quickly as well since it didnt go well for me on the East Coast. There Fast Return doesnt work very well either. Gameznflix has not let me down as of yet. No lost games, and everything gets to me quickly and back to the DC.

Check it out. I believe Circuit City has a hand in it as well, as they promote the service on their website and in store ads. So definitely seems to be a better option.

http://www.gameznflix.com
just signed up 4 it yesterday...website could use a total over haul tho...a lot things they could improve on there

CrazyCougar
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it could use an overhaul...BUT, I think I would rather their better service ad crappier website, than gamefly's fancy website and crappy service.

Mwright
10-10-2006, 06:28 PM
true dat true dat

cybrdude
11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
I have been a member for 2 years with no issues. I currently have the 4 at time plan. I live in San Jose, Calif (northern Cali) and get all of my games in 2 days (every time). The service has never let me down..

What city in Ind? I was born in Indy and I know small cities in Ind have a slow turnaround for all mail.

Later..

thAshAdyOne
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
GameFly is for nutlickers...no offense to anyone who currently subscribes...you go to XBA so it levels out...I guess

Last year when I first got the 360, I rented CoD2 and Madden06...I sent CoD2 back right before I moved back into my dorms in Jan. My Dad calls me up in mid-March telling me that they're charging his account 60 bucks because they claim they havent gotten the game back. I dont know what happened but all I know is, as soon as I dropped the game in the mailbox, I shouldn't be held accountable for what happens thereafter...

Jackyboy
11-08-2006, 07:08 PM
i use gamefly and i dont have any problems. i think the "keep it" option is great. i get new games for $45 instead of $60 with it. i live on the east coast and it does take a while for games but during the school year i have plenty to do anyway.

WynnFire
11-10-2006, 01:54 AM
I used to use Gamefly until they charged my credit card three times in the same day. They refunded it back the following day but just the possibility of that happening again made me drop them. I went to Gamerang and have loved it ever since. Unfortunatley, the games take about a week to arrive but have been very pleased and have purchased a few games from them too.