PDA

View Full Version : Ufc Or Jet Set?

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 10:35 AM
I got both games sitting in front of me.....I want to know from people that have played both games which one they would suggest to keep and which one they would return (I can't have both)! I have heard mixed responses from different people...

Maximus if you would reply to this post about how you feel about UFC that would be helpful since I think we have the same tastes in video games!

I am 21 so many "kiddie" games really don't do it for me....let me know!

Toder
02-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Ufc is a great game, but many people consider it to be a button masher. that is not true. It takes skil to be able to fight your way through a tournament or in arcade mode. I have had this game since friday and i haven't been able to play another game. I rented Raw but only played it once. I didn't think RAw could even compare to the action UFC has.

As for JSRF I can't say much about that since i haven't played it yet. but i plan on renting it real soon.

I know for sure you can't go wrong with UFC. Its hard core fighting to the bone.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Hey, Bryan...Personally, I love UFC. I actually did a review of the game in the Review section on this website. Check it out! :)

Some of the highlights about this game is that it has tons of fighters! I don't recall exactly how many, but, there must be about 40 of them, plus unlockable fighters, and create your own fighter :D Also, it was simply a must buy for me in that I actually have a buddy that is one of the fighters on the game!! His name is Jens Pulver...and, may I say, he is one of the best fighters on the game! :D

I love the gameplay and how you can actually improve your fighting skills on this game. There are plenty of special moves that can be learned to increase your skills. Also, there is a blood meter that you can adjust to maximize the liquid carnage :D

I haven't had a chance to play multi-player yet...but, am looking forward to it this weekend. Graphically, the game is beautiful :)

My only qualm about the game is the announcer...he's kind of slow and doesn't move his lips to his voice. To me, it's a minor shortcoming...it's not as if you are playing while he's talking...know what I mean? But, it does kind of stick out like a sore thumb considering how well they did the rest of the game!

Your eyes will almost trick you with how realistic the graphics are...I mean, just the crowd alone is breathtakingly realistic! :eek:

Rock2
02-28-2002, 11:00 AM
Go with ufc dude

Afro Aura
02-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Hi Bryanhis

I've played UFC and I have to say hmmm it's err a bit poor, it looks great and so on don't get me wrong, but the only thing to say is if you liked the Dreamcast (R.I.P) version then you'll love this and yeah your right about the announcer he is a bit quiet, I think he uses telepathy to start the fights and the crowd are a prim and proper they always stay in there seats.:p

Now if anyone says this is a button smasher I don't think they have played the game at all, as you can counter all punches and kicks as long as you've got some skills you'll have rather long fights :mad:

I haven't played JSRF as of yet but again I think if you liked it on the Dreamcast then you'll love this even more as they have made the citys larger

I'd but my bet on JSRF but thats my opinion mate:D

Razor70
02-28-2002, 11:44 AM
Heck Maximus your gonna make me wanna go out and buy UFC myself and I ain't into fighting games! LOL

I haven't played either of these games yet..but I plan on buying JSRF today. So I would say it's up to your taste really. If you like fighting games with great replay value on them...I would go for UFC.

But on the other hand, if you want a fast action packed game with cool music and great replay value..then I would get JSRF.

That's my opinion.

Afro Aura
02-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Razor70
Heck Maximus your gonna make me wanna go out and buy UFC myself and I ain't into fighting games! LOL

I haven't played either of these games yet..but I plan on buying JSRF today. So I would say it's up to your taste really. If you like fighting games with great replay value on them...I would go for UFC.

But on the other hand, if you want a fast action packed game with cool music and great replay value..then I would get JSRF.

That's my opinion.
and 4 players (thats what I've heard)

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks maximus after I typed this post I saw your review....very well written....Well I think I am going with UFC! It looks absolutely awsome!

Oh....on another note....last night on raw I was playing for the intercontentinal title...I played it before and it froze after I got the belt....Well I decided to play for the intercontentianal title again and it froze at the same spot:mad: God I was ****ed so I took the game to best buy...since I had beat everything besides the intercontentinal title I really didn't want RAW...The dude that returned my game at best buy was cool and he let me trade it for UFC....so I am kinda hyped....must go home and play!

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:04 PM
One thing that UFC lacks is mutli-player action at the same time (more than 2 people) in the octogon. But, there is a Tournament mode which, personally, I like better.

I have never played JSRF, but, with all the hype surrounding that game, I definately won't pass it up and will go rent it when it becomes more available. I may even try it this weekend.

Personally, I've never really been a cel-shading fan, however, this may be an exception. So, I'm looking forward to checking it out :) Admittingly, and correct me if I am wrong, but, it almost seems to me that JSRF has kind of a Fuzion Frenzy feel to it. Am I just dead wrong on this?

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 12:26 PM
thats what I was kinda thinking...the games pics and movies don't really grab me as being that AAA game but I could stand corrected. I am definatly going to rent this game!

Encisco
02-28-2002, 12:28 PM
I would personally go with JSRF. It has way more replay value than UFC. I personally wasn't at all impressed with UFC. Something about men smothering each other and making them "submit". :) JSRF is nothing like you've experienced before, even if you've played JGR for the Dreamcast. The multiplayer is a blast in JSRF. And it is not a kid game by any means ;) You have to check it out for yourself.

-Encisco

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Encisco
I would personally go with JSRF. It has way more replay value than UFC. I personally wasn't at all impressed with UFC. Something about men smothering each other and making them "submit". :) JSRF is nothing like you've experienced before, even if you've played JGR for the Dreamcast. The multiplayer is a blast in JSRF. And it is not a kid game by any means ;) You have to check it out for yourself.

-Encisco

Thanks for the info...it makes it sound better. But, one thing is for sure, painting graffitti doesn't sound all that great. One reason why I like Halo so much is it has to do with fast action, skill, intelligence, and just plain ruthless. Halo really has turned my genre preference to violent games :D That's another reason why I like UFC...it's VIOLENT!! :D

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
thats what I was kinda thinking...the games pics and movies don't really grab me as being that AAA game but I could stand corrected. I am definatly going to rent this game!

I'll definately rent JSRF, too...but, like I said in my last post...I don't know if it's just me, but, after playing Halo, I really love playing violent games! hehe...Especially if it has multi-player so you can challenge your friends...and, that puts another plus sign to UFC...that game is definately ruthless :D

El Pollo Loco
02-28-2002, 12:46 PM
JSRF hmmmm dunno i got burned on the DC one. I think they should make a combo game.. Halo vs Amped!

That would kickass imagine snowboarding down a run pulling off tricks while blasting covenant on gamespy?

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
JSRF hmmmm dunno i got burned on the DC one. I think they should make a combo game.. Halo vs Amped!

That would kickass imagine snowboarding down a run pulling off tricks while blasting covenant on gamespy?

lol, dude...I don't think the Master Chief could pull off a solid triple flip by performing a method as well as the pros on Amped! But, a nice machine gun would be sweet to nail the idiots that get in your way when you are trying to jump off a huge jump!!! :D