PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell - Double Agent MP

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to know how many of you have tried the MP mode in DA?
I just got the game last night and I want to know if it is good online before I try it and take away from my single player time

wulkar
10-27-2006, 01:45 PM
i played the demo wghich was online and the real games online is better but not a whole lot. it is fun though the spys are handicapped on almost every map....we dont have guns or the ability to hit them from the frount so we have to accually get behind them and snap thier neck or jump on them.

Not Yellow
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
On the Xbox version, its Spy vs Spy I believe..

m4oH
10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Correct
Xbox=spy vs spy
360=merc vs spy

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:28 AM
LOL I know what the multiplayer is... I was just curious if anyone had tried it. I heard that its supposed to be really good, but thats also from reviews which aren't always accurate on things (I'm looking at you IGN and your 9.1 for Prey). If anyone has tried it let me know...other wise I'm going to keep going with Enchanted Arms for now

mattgame
10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm trying to complete Chaos Theory before I go into Double Agent. Should I?

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm trying to complete Chaos Theory before I go into Double Agent. Should I?

Stories don't seem to be attached at all, and Double agent is supposed to be the best SC so far. Probably won't hurt either way. Do you have the xbox version or the 360 version of Double Agent?

mattgame
10-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Stories don't seem to be attached at all, and Double agent is supposed to be the best SC so far. Probably won't hurt either way. Do you have the xbox version or the 360 version of Double Agent?

The 360 version. If they're not related then I'm going to dive right in tonight. I'll see ya there.

greenpyro
10-28-2006, 01:43 PM
well, if you check over on the splinter cell forums, you'll see that a whole lot of people there are not big fans of double agent. However, they're mostly diehard fans of the series who are...well...crazy. I on the other hand bought double agent the day it came out, and i love it. Sometimes it's hard to find a good mulitplayer match, cause there's some issues, but i'm sure ubisoft will deal with those shortly. so, in closing, double agent is my favorite in the series so far, and the mulitplayer's a blast. I hope you have as much fun with it as i am.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree with you pyro. This is IMO the best game in the SC series so far. The multiplayer is different because the spies don't have their shocker gun thing which in most cases people just used for annoyance purposes anyways, the mercs only have bullets and nades instead of all the extra gadgets to kill the spies, and the spies just have a gadget on their arms to diable lights or hack into stuff. Those changes make the game's main objective to be to hack the teminals instead of kill kill kill. I like that mindset a whole lot more because it is a bigger change of pace than past games.

The only real gripes I have about the multiplayer is that there are lots of issues with getting into games with you friends. I mean how hard is it to have an option for someone to make their own game that is open to the public so they can invite their buds to a game along with having random people come in so the game fills quicker instead of making them try over and over again to get their own game by chance in custom match. This is another example of why people turn back to Halo 2. It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is, if a game is too hard to set up and get with your friends or just get into a game period the game will be sitting on the shelf before you know it.

- Carrot

P.S. The only complaint about the SP is that I have gotten stuck on stuff where I had to start over from the last save/checkpoint.

FatBox
10-30-2006, 03:58 PM
The single-player seemed relatively short to me, I beat it in like 3 days. The multiplayer sucked at first but now I'm used to it, I wasn't used to not having a taser gun or not being able to hit them with your elbow like you could in the other games but I realised it was good that they took that stuff out to make it more balanced. Though I wish they still had Warehouse as a Multiplayer map, that map was so awesome. Or maybe I didn't unlock it yet.

thunderkiss2k1
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL I know what the multiplayer is... I was just curious if anyone had tried it. I heard that its supposed to be really good, but thats also from reviews which aren't always accurate on things (I'm looking at you IGN and your 9.1 for Prey). If anyone has tried it let me know...other wise I'm going to keep going with Enchanted Arms for now

Just for the record: Prey deserved the high ratings it received and the multiplayer was extremely good. Kind of like Quake 4.

J4320
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
I agree with you pyro. This is IMO the best game in the SC series so far. The multiplayer is different because the spies don't have their shocker gun thing which in most cases people just used for annoyance purposes anyways, the mercs only have bullets and nades instead of all the extra gadgets to kill the spies, and the spies just have a gadget on their arms to diable lights or hack into stuff. Those changes make the game's main objective to be to hack the teminals instead of kill kill kill. I like that mindset a whole lot more because it is a bigger change of pace than past games.

The only real gripes I have about the multiplayer is that there are lots of issues with getting into games with you friends. I mean how hard is it to have an option for someone to make their own game that is open to the public so they can invite their buds to a game along with having random people come in so the game fills quicker instead of making them try over and over again to get their own game by chance in custom match. This is another example of why people turn back to Halo 2. It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is, if a game is too hard to set up and get with your friends or just get into a game period the game will be sitting on the shelf before you know it.

- Carrot

P.S. The only complaint about the SP is that I have gotten stuck on stuff where I had to start over from the last save/checkpoint.

There are ways to get around that problem. I always take 2 extra minutes to ensure that I'm the host and can invite my friends to my public game.

I'm a 97% spy and I pretty much kick ass. :p

I LOVE how the spy moves so fluently and fast. It took a little while to get used to not having a shocker gun or other equipment (like many others have said), but I adjusted.

Unfortunately, my 360 freezes in campaign every time I play that cruise ship level. :(

I have to send the 360 back in once again. :mad: