PDA

View Full Version : EGM Cover

vman
10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3068122
What's interesting is NOT the Halo 3 extravaganza. For that you can simply check my thread about the Halo 3 screens. Its the little "footnote" near the top right. "Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360?" What is that about? Why would a magazine feature an article about putting a game's exclusivity into question? Surely not to state the obvious. The readers of EGM, I would like to think, are smart enough to know that Kojima has been making games soley for the Sony platforms ever since MGS (With the exception of one game for XBOX and one for GC.)

For now we can only speculate as to the contents of that article are released. Now I know this is REALLY wishful thinking but if it were to come out that MGS4 was coming to the 360 even if it was a year after, then that is even bigger news than any tidbit or teaser they'll throw at us about Halo 3. Those are my two cents... what are yours?

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
http://media.1up.com/media?id=3068122
"Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360?" What is that about?
i remember reading about this somwhere,he didnt like the ps3 at all,so hes puting his games on the 360,that about sums it up.

vman
10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
i remember reading about this somwhere,he didnt like the ps3 at all,so hes puting his games on the 360,that about sums it up.
is that including MGS4 or all the games after it? Cause if it does include MGS4, then Sony can suck on my balls.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
is that including MGS4 or all the games after it? Cause if it does include MGS4, then Sony can suck on my balls.
yeah i was talking about mgs4,but i read that like a month ago mabye.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 07:57 PM
yeah i was talking about mgs4,but i read that like a month ago mabye.

meh... the last couple MG games have sucked... well actually all of them except for the one for PSOne have. Thats just my opinion, I think everything they did in MGS was done better in splinter cell and its carried forward into the sequels.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM
meh... the last couple MG games have sucked... well actually all of them except for the one for PSOne have. Thats just my opinion, I think everything they did in MGS was done better in splinter cell and its carried forward into the sequels.
im going to be honest with you,ive only played one splinter cell game and i didnt like it so i never played any of the newer ones,but ive always been a mgs fan scince the first one on psone,but none of them are as satifying as the first mgs was,ill agree with you on that.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 08:04 PM
im going to be honest with you,ive only played one splinter cell game and i didnt like it so i never played any of the newer ones,but ive always been a mgs fan scince the first one on psone,but none of them are as satifying as the first mgs was,ill agree with you on that.

The third one i got annoyed with 4 looks ok, but its too early to judge... it was number 2 that killed the whole series for me. Oh and Splinter Cell - Prison *****...I mean Double Agent is really good

vman
10-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I dont see why SC is always compared to MGS. It like comparing James Bond to Rambo.

Anyway, if you aren't pulling my leg, and MGS4 IS coming to 360 (even if its a timed exclusive) then there is NO reason to get a PS3. 360 would have an answer to every game:
SOCOM- GRAW
Killzone- GoW
Resistance- Halo3
FF- Lost Odyssey

Sony has already lost Assassins Creed, GTAIV, AND Guitar Hero. They cannot afford to lose this killer app!

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
dang predator you gamer score is already 4500,im still stuck around 3300,i cant seem to find any games worth getting all the ach points for, most of them arent worth it for only 10 or 20 points...

but yeah double agent you say,should i get it predator?

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I dont see why SC is always compared to MGS. It like comparing James Bond to Rambo.

Anyway, if you aren't pulling my leg, and MGS4 IS coming to 360 (even if its a timed exclusive) then there is NO reason to get a PS3. 360 would have an answer to every game:
SOCOM- GRAW
Killzone- GoW
Resistance- Halo3
FF- Lost Odyssey

Sony has already lost Assassins Creed, GTAIV, AND Guitar Hero. They cannot afford to lose this killer app!
im going to look for some proof now my friend.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 08:10 PM

SOCOM- GRAW
Killzone- GoW
Resistance- Halo3
FF- Lost Odyssey

Everyone forgets that MS has Blue Dragon... which look a lot better than I was expecting. I think it looked more fun than Lost Odyssey. There are of course the rumors of Square doing FF on PS3, Secret series on Wii (since its action based) and a Chrono sequel for 360. In which case I will laugh my ass off at sony the 2 chrono games blow the last 6 FFs out of the water for depth, replay and quality

vman
10-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Everyone forgets that MS has Blue Dragon... which look a lot better than I was expecting. I think it looked more fun than Lost Odyssey. There are of course the rumors of Square doing FF on PS3, Secret series on Wii (since its action based) and a Chrono sequel for 360. In which case I will laugh my ass off at sony the 2 chrono games blow the last 6 FFs out of the water for depth, replay and quality
dude, dont give me a heart attack here. a Chrono game coming to the 360 would put me 6 feet under...even if it was a remake of Chrono Trigger. i cant take all these rumors and speculations!!!

im going to look for some proof now my friend.
oh please do, cause I'm going crazy over here. lol thanks for whatever you find.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 08:18 PM
dude, dont give me a heart attack here. a Chrono game coming to the 360 would put me 6 feet under...even if it was a remake of Chrono Trigger. i cant take all these rumors and speculations!!

I know... when I read about it I almost crapped my pants. I do know for sure that Square wants to diversify their games, as in what system they come out for. Sony had them locked until FF13 or what ever the hell it is...I think the worst case is that either FF or Dragon Warrior shows up on the 360 with in the next couple of years

vman
10-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I know... when I read about it I almost crapped my pants.
lol, if news were to reveal Chrono coming to 360, I would simultaneously: crap my pants, jizz uncontrollably, cry, have a heart attack, and leap for joy.

Today, on a very special episode of 1UP Yours, John decides that the boys are finally old enough for "the talk." You know...the answer to that question we all have when we reach that special age: "Where do exclusives come from?" Shane made a big ol' list of games, and we go through it picking out what kind of exclusive it actually might be. (Metal Gear Solid 4 on 360?) This leads us to a disturbing question of our own: what do third-parties need to do to survive next-gen?
Source (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154727)
Not quite sure what this means but it's relevant.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Well vman i surfed the internet and it looks like i was wrong,dead wrong,i acepted i was mistaken when i found this information.....SORRY DUDE!

Solid Snake won't be wriggling onto 360, but Kojima does have some new plans for us...

Fans of super stealthy Solid Snake will be disappointed to hear that the Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has announced that he considers the Metal Gear Solid series to be "made for for PlayStation platform".

Metal Gear Solid 4 was revealed for the first time at Sony's pre-E3 conference on Monday and is planned for PS3 release in 2007. Kojima Productions will be working on Xbox 360 titles but, crucially, they won't be featuring Mr. Snake. "If I was going to do a game on Wii or Xbox 360, I would do a completely different game - not Metal Gear Solid" said Kojima, speaking to our sister website
like it says he will make games for 360 but NOT MGS games..........:cry:

( i got this info at http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/stealth/kojima_no_metal_gear_for_xbox_360)

vman
10-27-2006, 09:04 PM
ah.... its ok... it felt good to dream. But there still remains the article in question. It is still a very slight possibility that MGS4 will be a timed exclusive. Sort of like how Ninja Gaiden remake is being made for the PS3 but not by Itagaki, but by his apprentice. Maybe Kojima will give the port to a apprentice he may have. You never know. He can always change his mind cause Konami is still 3rd party with no direct affiliation with Sony (they aren't owned by Sony). I'm not gonna lie though, my spirits went down a couple notches after reading your post.

PredatorPrime, about the Chrono Series. Since it was created by the "dream team" which consisted of Sakaguchi, then it is very possible that we see a sequel on the 360 because we all know that Sakaguchi and Mistwalker are both working for MS.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 09:12 PM
chrono...on 360!? ogod..ogod...o GOOOOOOOD.......dudes..being an owner of a 360 just keeps getting sweeter

vman
10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
chrono...on 360!? ogod..ogod...o GOOOOOOOD.......dudes..being an owner of a 360 just keeps getting sweeter
nothing confirmed, dude. all speculation and rumors. I said it was possible.

actually, the most likely outcome is to see Chrono Trigger on the XBL Arcade. Or you can just go get a Wii and use their virtual console cause there is no doubt you will be able to play Chrono Trigger on the Wii. I've been waiting for a remake for quite some time though. I would rather have a remake than just a re-release.

y2kash_14
10-27-2006, 10:03 PM
If the Metal Gear series comes out for 360....then I have no more reason to buy a PS3....second best series ever (next to Zelda) in my opinion. MGS2 is my number one favorite game of all time. Nothing would make me happier than to see MGS4 come out for 360, because honestly, I despise the Splinter Cell series.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Man why is there no love for Sam Fisher...
I personally find MGS to be a semi retarded stealth game, in the same league as say Hitman. Its one of those games where you can sneak, but there is no real reason too.
The Chrono stuff is just rumors at this point, I'm happy enough with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon to be honest, as Square has taken a pretty big dive in quality over the last 5 years. The Mana series is in shambles after a couple awful handheld games and a mediocre PS2 release. And if the Japanese RPGs fail us theres always Mass Effect, Fable 2 and Jade Empire 2 (which I believe was confirmed at E3)

y2kash_14
10-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Well in both Hitman and MGS (both of which i find far superior to Splinter Cell) there are reasons to be stealthy, you'd get a better rating. Whereas in Splinter Cell you HAVE to be stealthy, which actually seems retarded to me...because I can't see why the best secret agent they have is so good up til the point where someone spots him, then he's the WORST agent anyone could ever have. Seriously, why can he only do a pathetic elbow jab when he's in a jam? It's ridiculous. Now i'm not expecting to go running and gunning, but still...even a person who isn't supposed to be caught should know how to handle that kind of situation. Hitman and MGS are far more fun to me.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Lost Odessey...i watched a vid of it on ign,it was 8 minutes long and was almost the best video ive ever seen,it was damn good.

vman
10-28-2006, 07:56 AM
ok seriously, stop comparing MGS to SC

MGS- You are Rambo. The baddest mother****er in the world. A one man army where nobody or nothing can stand in your way. You are ninjaesque in some facets but overall, you WANT to be seen so you can see your enemie's faces when they die. You want their last image before they die to be your face smiling puffing on a cigarette.

SC- Just a James Bond without the galmour (limited explosions and no play with the women...oh yeah, and no kick ass car.) Uses gagets to do most of his work. Never wants to be seen. Doesn't want to kill unless he has to. Just a get in and get out type of mentality. Just does his job for his country but then doesn't celebrate after.

I happen to like both games but do prefer Snake. SC gets me impatient sometimes so I have yet to finish one of the games.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:00 AM
O yeah thats why i didnt like sc that much,you dont get to kill enough,ima go play dead rising to get killing out my system now..

vman
10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
you silly goose

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:24 AM
I really liked the first MG... but the rest haven't really lived up and 4 looks kind of disappointing based of the vids/screens, mainly because MG had always ment pushing the graphics to a the next level and they don't seem to be doing that. I actually liked the first one enough to buy the Remake version on the Gamecube. That all being said IF it comes to 360 and IF it shapes up to be better than it looks right now I may still give it a try. I've tried games for series that I didn't like before and ended up liking later sequels (Elder Scrolls is a good example).

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Dont forget Grand Theft Auto,all of them sucked until GTA 3

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Dont forget Grand Theft Auto,all of them sucked until GTA 3

Hey... I will hear no such blasphemy. the first 2 were fun. To be honest the one I didn't was Vice City, but I just really didn't like the locale so I could never get into it. I loved the first 2 though, I dled the pc versions from Rockstar Classics LOL. A big one for me is Resident Evil the only one that is any good in my opinion was 4... the controls the other ones were just awful

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:35 AM
i agree with you on RE opinion,but your funny i couldnt find myself having any fun at all playing GTA 2 for psone....o well...RE 4 is one of the better games ever made imo,i beat it at least 6 times.

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:38 AM
i agree with you on RE opinion,but your funny i couldnt find myself having any fun at all playing GTA 2 for psone....o well...RE 4 is one of the better games ever made imo,i beat it at least 6 times.

Oh I played GTA and GTA 2 for PC... they came out for PSone a long time after they were released for PC. The PC version controls a lot better LOL. They weren't great games, they were just fun back then because it was so different and stupid

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:49 AM
lmao,ok i guess they werent so bad back in the day but psone version was horrid lolz(the language was pretty funny thou,i think i got called chicken **** a few times )

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I think everyone should have to own a DOS/Windows 3.1 or 95 PC at one point... makes you appreciate games more. The stuff on PC back then was soooo bad. Dune 2 was considered a classic but its barely playable now bacause of the way it was designed

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:54 AM
dude trust me ,my family had one lol

sorry vman,i didnt mean to fill your thread with crap......

vman
10-28-2006, 09:14 AM
back on topic plz...

Does anyone here have a subscription to EGM by any chance?

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
back on topic plz...

Does anyone here have a subscription to EGM by any chance?

Nope, Its a Ziff Davis mag... they are always full of pro Sony propaganda and stupid rumors...

ll Mista GT ll
10-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Im tired with Splinter Cell now :( I don't know why.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Im tired with Splinter Cell now :( I don't know why.
not enough killing:p

Jags
10-30-2006, 12:04 AM
he didnt like the ps3 at all,so hes puting his games on the 360,that about sums it up.

:rofl: :rofl: LOL wow thats a dis and a half to Sony and Playstaion, he hates the console so much that hes decided to can the exclusive games list LOL :rofl: :rofl:
:cheers:

predatorprime
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
If theres any reason why you'll see a lot less exclusives in this gen of consoles its cost. Companies are afraid that the games will not recoup the costs or that the system will not have a big enough base. This will be a big issue because the will probably not be a clear cut winner this time around. So all I have to say is that if Square is listening, X360 owners want a nononline FF game