PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks Till Launch!

Mr.XboxLover
02-28-2002, 12:03 PM
UK XBOX LAUNCH IN TWO WEEKS TODAY! <<SCREEEAAAM>>

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Dude, I remember what it was like 2 weeks before XBox...I remember I couldn't sleep! Sleepless in Seattle, as they say around here :D

And, rightly so, the XBox is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.XboxLover
02-28-2002, 12:36 PM
I would have writtern more last time, but an episode of the simpsons beckoned me away!

You cannot believe how excited I am!!! I have slept ever since ordering it a month ago, well I havent been able to sleep well.

Parents keep telling me to shut up about it, as do my mates. I wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaannnnnnnntttttt my Xbox now! I almost og into spasms as I cant comprehend the sheer feel of it, and that feeling of starting it up for its first time! Make me go all squeaky!

At this time of excitement I cant help but feel some caution and anxiety! It appears that Xbox dont care about the UK! PS2 vast sucess has been attributed to Advertising yet there is not ONE advert of any description apart from shop windows to be seen. As for the Xbox event in London, it was quite pittiful really, not many demonstrations or hands on, and as for layout it was a joke! There was no grand displays, it was stuff on cardboard boxes! The fact is Mr Gates has put no effort in trying to conqour the european console market, and in fact has shown little or no interest at all.

Stuff Japan, get ur ass in Europe Mr Gates! We all love Xbox as much as you do! But frankly ur gonan lose ur sales unles su sort it out, and i cant blame a lack of sales!

:)

Mr.XboxLover

Rock2
02-28-2002, 02:44 PM
I'm glad it is already here because I couldn't wait any longer.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Dude, MrXBoxLover...you need to be strapped into a stray jacket, bud!! WOW!! I practically had to as well with only 2 weeks to go! The time went so SLOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooow...:confused:

But, don't worry about the advertising. The XBox will definately do well in Europe. They have several commercials out, and maybe, you haven't seen them yet.

Once the PoS2 dudes figure out that the XBox can:

1. Process games faster and have more visual and audio effects all at one time - 3 times of that of the PoS2
2. Rip their own music and listen to their personal CD collection while playing games
3. Make all their game saves onto the hard-drive without the need of a stupid memory card
4. Plug in four controllers at the time of purchase without having to purchase an add-on
5. See that XBox will have many of the same games as the PoS2 but will add levels, additional playable chracters, more weapons, and visual effects, and smoother graphics
6. Play on-line with broadband bult in
7. System Link mutliple XBox for maximum multi-player carnage
8. Over 300 3rd party game developers are already making games for the system. In fact, in the first 46 days that the XBox was out in the United States, they had 46 games available! 1 game per day...not a bad ratio :D
9. True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound ready
10. Widescreen HDTV ready - 480p, 720p, and 1080i capable.
11. Yada Yada Yada :D

They will finally understand that the value of the XBox is much better :D

Mr.XboxLover
02-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks for that post :cool:

I would have thought id get over the hype by now - but well the child is still within me. Santa Claus can go beg on the street, I dont see him getting me an Xbox! No mince pies for him this year!

The truth is I am already in a straight jacket and I type with my nose, this has led to an impressive six pac, as well as a bloaty nose!

Thanks for your post!

Mr.XboxLover

:D

E-Xbox
02-28-2002, 04:54 PM
i remember that time max....