PDA

View Full Version : Halo's (and all games') language...

Storm
02-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Almost every game uses foul language now and I can handle D*** and H*** and a little of that (I don't like it, but I can handle it) but I was very upset to hear Halo use God's name in vain when I was playing it today. Is it really necessary? Are children not supposed to play games anymore? :(

Durden-XBA
02-28-2002, 01:31 PM
Jesus Christ!

God's name in vain? I'm much more offended to hear Fu--, or Sh--, (and even then it's not so bad) than 'Jesus,' or 'Oh God!' The F and S words are considered 'bad,' while JC and God and whatever else- That's just a sect of people who don't want to hear them. I'd much rather that my little cousin hears 'The loooord's name taken in vain, than f,c,b etc.

Some people are just totally hypersensitive. It's there, get over it... It's a VIDEO GAME. If you have a problem, I'm sure Bungie would love to address all of your theological questions and concerns.

...Master Chief is Lord...

Storm
02-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Geez you're so considerate. Anyways, I wasn't talking about 'Jesus' or 'Oh God', I was referring to God****. I know not EVERYONE is offended by it, but there will always be SOME people offended by it (Christians play games too :)). My point was...is it NECESSARY? I mean...if they KNOW that it WILL offend SOMEBODY, why put it there? It isn't absolutely necessary. Does that make any sense now?

Durden-XBA
02-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Gee... Because I didn't know what you meant the first time.

Everything offends everyone... Some people don't like violence. They should have taken that out of Halo too. Master Chief could give all of the Covenant flowers and puppies- But even then some people woulda been bent.

I'm just tired of religious people complaining about everything, and suggesting that even game developers need to cater to their every whim. If ya don't like it, it's not like there's a gun, or puppy, or flower pointed at your head.

...Master Chief is Lord...

monkeyman
02-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Storm
Almost every game uses foul language now and I can handle D*** and H*** and a little of that (I don't like it, but I can handle it) but I was very upset to hear Halo use God's name in vain when I was playing it today. Is it really necessary? Are children not supposed to play games anymore? :(

dude the game isnt for kids its rated M and if you cant handle that then just dont play it

monkeyman
03-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Storm
Geez you're so considerate. Anyways, I wasn't talking about 'Jesus' or 'Oh God', I was referring to God****. I know not EVERYONE is offended by it, but there will always be SOME people offended by it (Christians play games too :)). My point was...is it NECESSARY? I mean...if they KNOW that it WILL offend SOMEBODY, why put it there? It isn't absolutely necessary. Does that make any sense now?

your the only one i know who is offended by that and it is necessary because its suppose to be based on real life what do you think they would say? like GOSH DARN! or DANG IT! or HOLY DUDE GOSH BANKEY BANG HOLY COWS!

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 08:30 PM
well when children buy halo(which they cant) there is a little M in the corner for a reason. That means it is for mature people and not for kids! Kids can play Shrek.

SciFi
03-01-2002, 09:09 PM
even MO is offencive if you want it to be....

ShannonX
03-02-2002, 06:05 PM
obviously flame bate, this thread is closed.

yeah i'm a little late, but i've been kinda busy lately, 2 days is better than never i guess. So keep the games forums about games, and if you dont like the language, dont play the game. Simple solution to a simple problem.