PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Fighter 4.1 Xbox bound

patience
02-28-2002, 12:27 PM
"VIRTUA FIGHTER 4.1 PLANNED FOR XBOX: FIRST DETAILS

With the PlayStation 2 version attracting rave reviews, first solid word of an Xbox outing for Suzuki's fighter reaches our ever twitching ears

16:47 Virtua Fighter 4 is a PlayStation 2 exclusive, right? Not according to our sources. Whispers are emerging that a new version of Sega's acclaimed fighter is on the way to Xbox, and will include extras over the PlayStation 2 version, due for release on May 10.
Sources close to Yu Suzuki, the legendary creator of the Virtua Fighter series and driving force behind Shen Mue, have confirmed that the developer has been speaking of a version 4.1, for release late this year for the arcade and Xbox. The current game, released in the arcade and on PlayStation 2, is version C.

Virtua Fighter 4.1 is to include at least one new character and new arenas, but very little is known at this point. The news is likely to rattle Sony's cage, even though the new version is expected in Japanese this autumn at the earliest.

You heard it here first. Now get back to sweating for the PlayStation 2 outing. May isn't that far away..."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?domain=&feed=index&page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=25962

SO what do you think? I really dont trust C&VG to much.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Nice find...but, I guess we'll see. The gaming world is always full of rumors...and, because of this, I just will wait it out and see what happens.

Personally, even if it does come out, I'm far more excited about the new Mortal Kombat! :D

RudedogX
02-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Maximus, I totally agree! Mortal Kombat should beat every fighter coming out (even Soul Caliber...I hope)!

Afro Aura
02-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I hope your sources are right, I've seen the PS2 version of VF2 and was not impressed, as I know that this bad ass machine could just laugh at the PS2 ver. Well I know this will sell loads of XBOX as I feel VF is probably the best beat 'em up EVER and I'm sure most of the people in Japan would say the same thing with it's techical fighting syle, my friends say they would buy the XBOX if this comes on it as they have err burned copies of the poor PS2 version VF4
Yep I'll be hanging out side the doors of my import shop when this is release:D

as long as your telling the truth that is:confused:

if not some heads are gonna roll