PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Carbon is SICK!!!

l Maximus l
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Brethren, I am seriously enjoying this game...so kick ass. I think it's a far better game when it compares to the story of NFS: Most Wanted. It keeps the lucious cut scenes going throughout the game. The premise is different with having scouts and drafters on your team as you take over territories over the giant city that sits snugged up against two canyons.

In this game, you get to race against multiple bosses from different car gangs. The canyon runs are freakin' sick and I'm diggin' the new drifting mode, too...especially down the canyons....damn fun.

Anyway, I'm still getting GoW, so don't worry!

wulkar
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
i played the demo and found the controlls to be to tweaked for my liking..i loved MW because it was arcadie without being to real..i wont be getting this game.

glad to hear you haveing fun though!!

predatorprime
11-07-2006, 10:08 PM
i played the demo and found the controlls to be to tweaked for my liking..i loved MW because it was arcadie without being to real..i wont be getting this game.

glad to hear you haveing fun though!!

Its too bad it came out when it did... I already have 3 racing games and a preorder on Forza. I don't think I'd play it even if I bought it. Burnout is still the best arcade racer though, just wait from number 5 next year

l Maximus l
11-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Wulkar...the game plays just like NFS: MW - the control scheme is exact. I heard the demo was way off the mark.

wulkar
11-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Wulkar...the game plays just like NFS: MW - the control scheme is exact. I heard the demo was way off the mark.

really, the demo was to extreme on the turning and it turned me off. ill have to rent it though i am still skeptical. thanks max

l Maximus l
11-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Definately rent it if you're not sure. There are three classes of cars to choose from - Exotic, Muscle, and (I can't remember the last one for some odd reason).

The car classes drive a little different - Exotics seems to be the best all around for me. Muscle cars have a ton of torque and speed, but, their handling is not the best - obviously, the customizations can remedy that easily.

Speaking of customizations, for the visuals, you can tweak your car a lot more in Carbon than you could in Most Wanted. A lot more! In fact, you can tweak it so much that you could easily be the only one in the world with a car that looks like the one you can create. It's very detailed and very kick ass :)

wulkar
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Definately rent it if you're not sure. There are three classes of cars to choose from - Exotic, Muscle, and (I can't remember the last one for some odd reason).

The car classes drive a little different - Exotics seems to be the best all around for me. Muscle cars have a ton of torque and speed, but, their handling is not the best - obviously, the customizations can remedy that easily.

Speaking of customizations, for the visuals, you can tweak your car a lot more in Carbon than you could in Most Wanted. A lot more! In fact, you can tweak it so much that you could easily be the only one in the world with a car that looks like the one you can create. It's very detailed and very kick ass :)

i belive the demo had a sport choice. and i loved the customization in the demo made it feel more like a create a character then a make this car look good to waste money you earned doing menial tasks.

i will definitely rent it if i get a chance. there is just to much stuff coming out, i am getting poorer and poorer by the second.

Jackyboy
11-08-2006, 07:12 PM
eh. i got Test Drive Unlimited instead. maybe i'll get nfs carbon for christmas, if not im holding out on racing games until forza 2

l Maximus l
11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Pursuit Tag on XBox Live is freakin' insane!!! Seriously, I haven't had this much fun with any racing game and I've played them all...damn!

Seriously, there were 8 people in the room and one guy plays as his regular car and everyone else are cops! As you guys may know, when playing NFS, the cops have some incredible ability and are fast as hell...they accelerate fast as hell...and they can turn on a dime. There is no exception when playing Pursuit Tag...once you bust the guy trying to run, then, everyone else comes after you! The winner gets points based on how long they can go without being captured...it's so kick ass!

Don't worry, though, I'm still getting GoW...I just don't think any racing fan should pass this game up!

NiNeBReaKeR
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
should i get this before i get gears then?

l Maximus l
11-09-2006, 03:04 AM
should i get this before i get gears then?

Well, being that is a very different game, that's a tough question. Fortunately for me, I'll own both, but, I have a feeling that I may be playing a lot of GoW on emergence day. If you loved NFS: MW, you'll definately love Carbon. There are many more XBL modes this time around with Carbon....it's insanely fun!

NiNeBReaKeR
11-09-2006, 12:42 PM
ok,ive been waiting for a good racing game to come out,so far they have all been mediocre at best,i think ill pick up carbon first,i did love MW.

l Maximus l
11-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Playing on XBL is so bad ass...WAY better than MW was, which was very limited. By the way, I just played a couple hours worth of GoW and all I can say is "KICK ASS!!!" Seriously, man, GoW freakin' rocks! A buddy brought it over and I told him to take the game away until I'm getting it for my B-day on Saturday (actually, Sunday is the B-Day, but, I'm having a bunch of friends and family over on Saturday)...Seriously, the game is more addicting than crack!

Both are kick ass games...it's days like this that make it great to own a 360!

myztical
11-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I think the styling part SUCKS... U got 4 - 5 different sets in autosculpt for the body... Its a styling game an it should be a lot more bumpers and skirts...

l Maximus l
11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't think it sucks, but, I do agree that they could have had more skirts and bumper choices. Keep in mind that you have Aftermarket choices which atleast doubles your options, plus you can stag the shape of each applicable body kit to your liking.

Other additions is not just normal paint, but, they have gloss, metallic, chrome, matte, and I think another one. The colors can be manipulated by a lot...and each vinyle can be manipulated dramatically.

The styling part is far more custom than NFS: MW was, by a landslide.

myztical
11-12-2006, 03:54 AM
I don't think it sucks, but, I do agree that they could have had more skirts and bumper choices. Keep in mind that you have Aftermarket choices which atleast doubles your options, plus you can stag the shape of each applicable body kit to your liking.

Other additions is not just normal paint, but, they have gloss, metallic, chrome, matte, and I think another one. The colors can be manipulated by a lot...and each vinyle can be manipulated dramatically.

The styling part is far more custom than NFS: MW was, by a landslide.

Youre right about the painting and vinyl.. But for the bodykits and styling i think its BAD.. Remember nfsu 1 and 2?? ALOT more styling there.. I like the game alot but was really dissapointed bout the stylingpart.. Love that they have added muscle cars there... BIG amcar fan.. hehe

cdg5551
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
ive always hate the need for speed series except for NFS3:hot persuit

AlphaRaptor
12-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I've played the demo about a hundred times...I just don't have $60 to spend on a game right now :bang:

laughs
12-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Well I suggest we get it some medication because being sick over the holidays is no JOKE!

Conchord
12-16-2006, 10:08 PM
I played Cruisin' USA the other day for N64... classic.

Rochey69r
12-17-2006, 12:20 AM
I played Cruisin' USA the other day for N64... classic.

apsolutely agreed.

i remember when my folks went to japan and got it day 3 of release and brought it back home, i had the n64 8 months b4 anyone else in australia. and the only game i had was mario.

bout a year later my aunti went to bali and got me cruisin' Usa. i beat that game with every car. apsolutely loved it.

Conchord
12-17-2006, 01:30 AM
its amazing how i enjoyed more time on games like cruisin usa, mariokart, and ocarina then i ever will on gears of war, rainbow six vegas, need for speed, and all the new, expensive, heavily bump mapped games of the next gen systems...

Rochey69r
12-19-2006, 01:31 AM
its amazing how i enjoyed more time on games like cruisin usa, mariokart, and ocarina then i ever will on gears of war, rainbow six vegas, need for speed, and all the new, expensive, heavily bump mapped games of the next gen systems...

yeh mario 64 is my fav all time game only cause i got it when i was about 12. i think games where more fun then