PDA

View Full Version : 360 $100 @ Amazon

vman
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Rumor Alert!
Xbox 360 $100 at Amazon vs. $250 for Wii and $499 for PS3?
If Xbox 360 cost were to cost a mere $100, would that be a death blow to PS3 and Nintendo Wii?

It's highly unlikely, but there is a rumor from a "rock solid source" over at Techcrunch that says that the 360 will be a mere hundred dollars from Amazon within a week. Would this change the whole dynamic of the next-gen race with PS3 and Wii? From the fingers of Michael Arrington to you:

If you are thinking of buying an Xbox 360 in the next few days, don’t. We’ve gotten information that Amazon may be putting the $300 Xbox 360 bundle on sale for $100 in the next week or so as a promotional move for the holiday season. We don’t know if this will be limited to the Xbox or will include other items, or exactly how many will be put on sale - but it came from a rock solid source.

Even though Techcrunch is much more reliable than anonymous Taiwanese websites, we're going to file this one in the "grain of salt" folder for now.

Source>>> http://www.s-times.net/11112006/01/xbox_360_100_rumor_wii_and_ps3_scared_yet

Now, this is just a rumor and it sounds so ridiculous, that I'm 99% sure it's fake. But I thought I should post it cause it's very interesting. It's also quite laughable. Also, it is possible that the source of the Rumor could've mistaken the price drop for the original Xbox and NOT the 360.

CrazyCougar
11-11-2006, 03:58 PM
There is absolutely no way they would sell the 360 for $100. The Xbox? Yes, deifnitely seeing as the PS2 sells for $129 now.

I wouldnt hold my breath over this one. But its sounds like this "rock solid" source is a little on the shaky side.

l Maximus l
11-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Very likely just a rumor, but, Microsoft may want to deter PS3 buyers, but, I don't see this happening at only one source - it would have to be wide-spread because it would jeopardize relationships with other retail outlets.

That is unless Amazon is incurring the loss, but, highly unlikely.

tsrdawg
11-11-2006, 04:51 PM
It has to be a rumor...I dont believe that MS would suddenly drop the price of xbox2 to 100 bucks...There hasnt been a single price drop, so why would MS shave 300 bucks of the premium bundle? arent price drops done incrementally?
Heyo, I wish this was true...I'd be on Amazon like white on rice to get an xbox2 for a C note!
I even have doubts about amazon talking about the original box...Do you dudes know how difficult it is to find a brand new original box online or at a store?
I saw a new box on ebay that sold for almost 240 bucks...the black box has become a collector's item...I'm glad I held on to both of mine, especially the limited edition Halo box...
So lets just wait and see..
Does anyone wanna sell their xbox2 to me for a C note?;)

Slowride
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Perhaps it's 100 for the base unit and 200 for the premium? Sounds crazy, but MS is crazy. They think long term. Selling games and accessories is where they make their moneys. They would move a ton of volume if this happened, take a huge market share and have people buying their g $ a's for years. This could also severely damage sony's ability to compete now and in future generations.

Also, Amazon would grab a larger share of the growing video game market. I don't know anyone who currently buys from them.

.....just sayin....

vman
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Perhaps it's 100 for the base unit
well yeah, that's what the article says. $100 for the Core. The Premium would stay at $400... sounds ridiculous cause someone can get everything in the Premium a lot cheaper if they just start out with the $100 Core.

Guys, if this does happen. It's only cause Amazon wants to get rid of their Core's cause nobody buys them so supplies would be so limited. AND its a one time thing for the holidays so I'm guessing it be one of those very "limited time" deals.

Slowride
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Well i'm gonna go camp out in front of Amazon. I'll bring beer someone else bring the tents and hoes.

Crazy Joe
11-16-2006, 01:32 PM
this is TRUE, kind of, they are only going to sell 1000 core units at this price. it's a new "customers pick the deal" thing at amazon.

check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/

thatdude222
11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
good deal..... resell for higher after thier gone..

NiNeBReaKeR
11-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Let me explain...

There are 4 items and you VOTE for which one you want to go on sale.

Now XBOX 360 already has 80%+ of total votes and is going to win.

Now the winner (Im talking about the 360) is only a CERTAIN AMOUNT OF UNITS! And only 1000 XBOX 360's are going to be sold! So you better read the rules and be a fast clicker!

The selling begins at 11am on thanksgiving thursday!!! Think im lieing, find out for yourself.

vman
11-17-2006, 01:01 AM
HOLY ****! IT'S REALLY GONNA HAPPEN!!!! ZOMG! I just put in my vote... not like it needs it, lol.

Anyway, I am going to try to get my mother to buy me the 360 this way. It will be my xmas present! What a great deal!!!!

J4320
11-23-2006, 01:03 PM
DAMMIT!

I couldn't get one. It sold out within 2 seconds. :(

The pages loaded super slow too. :bang: