PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Counter Strike on Xbox?

gula
02-28-2002, 02:45 PM
From TeamXBox:

Counter Strike on Xbox?

First was ZD NET Australia claiming that Half Life 2, by Valve Software, was in development for the Xbox. Now there's a chance Counter strike may land on Xbox. In a recent interview with CVG, Randy Pitchford, president and co-founder of Gearbox, was questioned about the Xbox:

How do you think Microsoft has done with the Xbox?

<center>I love it, it's a great system. It's a shame it's so expensive, but I can kind of understand that because it's such a powerful system and there's a lot of hardware in it. I think over time, though, that Microsoft will be able to get the price down because technology will move ahead. It's definitely the superior hardware.

We've been playing around with it at Gearbox. It's got a lot of cool things too. It's got a built in Ethernet, so Microsoft's going to have the best advantage of actually doing online stuff with this generation. Sony's talked about it a lot but could have a hard time delivering it because it's an add-on feature and I think Sony's realising that. Microsoft did the smart thing – they took the hit and the box costs a bit, but it's in the box so everyone's got that feature. So now when we talk about the possibility of taking a game like Counter-Strike and putting it on the Xbox... well, you could play online if that happens. </center>

<center>http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/screenshots/_cscz50_de_vessel01_THUMB.gif  http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/screenshots/_cscz31_de_vostok06_THUMB.jpg<center>

The missing piece of the puzzle is Half-Life on Xbox...

<center>I think it would be neat to carry that content forward, but I think that people are looking for a new extreme, the next generation. I think to take a game like Half-Life on the Xbox... well, I think the story holds up but if you've already had the story, it's like watching Star Wars Special Edition: it's neat that there's all this stuff there but I've seen the movie a million times. I think it would be a tricky thing to justify the cost of doing it. </center>

<center>http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/screenshots/_cscz30_as_bridge03_THUMB.jpg  http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/screenshots/_cscz43_cs_junglecamp03_THUMB.jpg
</center>

Counter-Strike for the PC is a multiplayer modification for Half-Life, where you can choose between two teams against each other: the terrorists and counter-terrorists (CTs). Counter Strike has sold over 1 million copies worldwide, been named Game of the Year by several gaming publications, and is the headliner at competitive gaming tournaments around the world. One of the coolest feature of CS is the possibility to talk with other team members, much in the way Xbox Online's Communicator is expected to work.

Counter-Strike and Half-Life 2 on the 'box, how better can it get! :D

JJaX
02-28-2002, 02:48 PM
iF THIS HAPPENS! Slap my sack with a hogie and call be GuS! This is great great great news! YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaWW!!!

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 03:01 PM
LOL, JJax! Errrr...GUS!! :D

I agree! That would be tighter than a frog's ass! Imagine Half Life 2 AND Counterstrike on the mightly Black and Green :D You just know they are going to do it.....man! That will be sweet when it happens!

On-line gaming on the XBox is going to be so d a m n amazing! I can't wait!

Rock2
02-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Looks cool to me

JJaX
02-28-2002, 03:05 PM
lets do some math

Counter strike + half life 2 engine + microsoft network + voice communication = Chowder in my pants

Then we got doom 3 coming

Unreal champonship....

Oh man oh man!!!

xboxmaster2002
02-28-2002, 03:14 PM
it would be better on the pc though with the mouse and keyboard...dont you think?

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
it would be better on the pc though with the mouse and keyboard...dont you think?

Not to me. I am mostly a console gamer. Keyboards and mice are unnatural to me. I love the XBox controllers.

Hey, JJax - you forgot about Brute Force!!! :D

LynxFX
02-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Awesome news but please, pretty please come out with a mouse and keyboard or at least some form of a keypad and mouse. I've seen 16 key keyboards and mouse options before made just for FPS games. Bring that to the xbox then you can still say that it isn't like a pc with a real keyboard. :)

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 05:06 PM
Yeah, we need some kind if mouse/keyboard support.
Half-life 2 ...... mmmmm!

CALzinger
02-28-2002, 05:21 PM
yeah, counter-strike, i dont think so, but wasn't HALF-LIFE a good game too? then say HELLO TO HALF-LIFE 2!!

gula
02-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
yeah, counter-strike, i dont think so, but wasn't HALF-LIFE a good game too? then say HELLO TO HALF-LIFE 2!!

Why don't you think so? They have a Counter-Strike single player game coming out called Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. So why don't you think so? :rolleyes:

Xtopia
02-28-2002, 07:13 PM
I agree! That would be tighter than a frog's ass!

LMAO! thats some good stuff! :D

CALzinger
02-28-2002, 07:23 PM
sorry, i must've said it wrong. sure, i love counter-strike, i play it all the time, although i suck, but i just heavily doubt it being on the xbox since half-life 2 is coming out, but i WOULD LOVE COUNTER-STRIKE! especially if it was online!