PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded 3 Red Blinking Lights

Wolf1171
11-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Tried everything and still not working.

Just got off the phone with Microsoft and was informed that my warranty expired 8 days ago :crying: and they want $140 to fix it. After a brief discussion with the customer service guy and his supervisor :argue1: they are sending me a box to send the 360 back at no charge :hail:

Thanks Microsoft for at least stepping up and taking care of my issue. On the bad side, I am just getting going on Hardcore with Gears of War and now I have to wait :cry:

greenpyro
11-16-2006, 07:51 PM
that really sucks guy...good on ya to get it fixed for free though. as ali g would say, "restecp"

...that's right...i said restecp...

Nato King
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Tried everything and still not working.

Just got off the phone with Microsoft and was informed that my warranty expired 8 days ago :crying: and they want $140 to fix it. After a brief discussion with the customer service guy and his supervisor :argue1: they are sending me a box to send the 360 back at no charge :hail:

Thanks Microsoft for at least stepping up and taking care of my issue. On the bad side, I am just getting going on Hardcore with Gears of War and now I have to wait :cry:.

I feel how you feel. I was in the same place as you about 3 weeks ago. I just went out and brought another one because I can't go one day with out playing my xbox360. I have it so bad that I am going away tomorrow for a two week trip to wisconson to visit my cousin and I am taking my xbox360 with me to play.

Wolf1171
11-17-2006, 06:03 AM

I feel how you feel. I was in the same place as you about 3 weeks ago. I just went out and brought another one because I can't go one day with out playing my xbox360. I have it so bad that I am going away tomorrow for a two week trip to wisconson to visit my cousin and I am taking my xbox360 with me to play.

I thought about going and getting another one, still may :) Need one for the bedroom!

Tallius
11-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey first post up here..........i got my 360 exactly tgis time last year and now its broke! 3 red lights just came up on it at 5:30 :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :yikes: im reali upsey but ill be getting a new one tomorrow(saturday) and bad thing is i just got Gears of war limited edition and never got to play it yet!

Wolf1171
11-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey first post up here..........i got my 360 exactly tgis time last year and now its broke! 3 red lights just came up on it at 5:30 :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :yikes: im reali upsey but ill be getting a new one tomorrow(saturday) and bad thing is i just got Gears of war limited edition and never got to play it yet!

Damm that blows, at least I got to play GoW for a week before mine crapped out.

Still thinking that I may go get one this weekend so that I can play GoW during my 4 day weekend next week.

Nato King
11-18-2006, 10:08 AM

Welcome to the site. I am sorry to here that poeple are starting to get the red lights. I am in wisconson now for about two weeks. I just sent my broken xbox to get fix so my cousin will have to send it back to me in bermuda once he gets it back in about three weeks time.

Tallius
11-18-2006, 01:42 PM
hey all..........tanks for welcoming me to the site! Em so today i got a new game DOA4 as well as getting GOW limited edition yesterday.........I thought i would be getting a new one undwer the guarantee...which still has a month os so left on it.....but no i must send it back to microsoft here in Ireland....:crying: :crying: :crying: :cry:

ll Mista GT ll
11-18-2006, 01:49 PM
You guys must abuse your 360s. Mine is running , just like my 1st Xbox wich has been brought half way across the world, been modded, and lent to friends, and brought to school lan parties. My 360 has been brought to lan parties, cousins houses, and its fine.

Its the users fault.

Tallius
11-19-2006, 07:43 AM
My 360 was in perfect condition......................never moved always clean from dust but it's just an unfortunate thing that it failed..........It could just be the hardware inside it

Nato King
11-19-2006, 08:00 AM
My 360 was in perfect condition......................never moved always clean from dust but it's just an unfortunate thing that it failed..........It could just be the hardware inside it

You could be right I always kept my xbox360 in perfect condition I just think it is just the way the ball bounces I guess.

Wolf1171
11-20-2006, 08:48 AM
You guys must abuse your 360s. Mine is running , just like my 1st Xbox wich has been brought half way across the world, been modded, and lent to friends, and brought to school lan parties. My 360 has been brought to lan parties, cousins houses, and its fine.

Its the users fault.

I cut in a 3" computer exhaust fan to the back of my entertainment center to allow for better airflow. My temps went down dramatically, but it didn't really matter since it is broke now.

I can only hope that Microsoft has fixed whatever has been causing these issues and hope that it won't be a problem in the future.

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Hmm is everyone noticing that GOW is being played when the consoles are breaking lol.!

Its a conspiracy I tell ya!

Tallius
11-20-2006, 03:42 PM
hey all some news on my 360............im getting a replacement stright away.........YAY!! Hopefully this week....as i really need to play Gears!:) :)

JMHSHAWK
12-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I have had my 360 since April 2006... It's been perfect since yesterday. I got home and began to play it, logged onto Halo 2 Live and played a game. My 360 froze mid game and I had to turn it off. Ever since then I have been unable to do anything. Sometimes it starts but freezes immediately!!!

I think my Xbox is dead.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

=(

Nato King
12-16-2006, 01:06 PM
hey all some news on my 360............im getting a replacement stright away.........YAY!! Hopefully this week....as i really need to play Gears!:) :)

Thanks for the update on your xbox360 good to see that you are getting a replacement and ready for GOW because GOW is ready for you.

Slacker
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Hmm is everyone noticing that GOW is being played when the consoles are breaking lol.!

Its a conspiracy I tell ya!

I noticed the same thing,

m4oH
12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
My console just broke and guess what? I've been playing GoW for the past week or so. Odd. Meh, I really don't care about it though, I'll make sure to get it fixed by Halo 3 but I'm not missing much right now. There's always paintball and WoW.

squid413
12-22-2006, 02:24 AM
My console broke too. I have not played GOW though. I think it was the update over xbox live that broke it. I have heard a lot of people who have said the update caused their 360 to break. I called Microsoft and they said it would be $100 to fix. What did you guys say to get it fixed for free? The best they gave me was 25% off of the normal $140.

Wolf1171
12-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I called Microsoft and they said it would be $100 to fix. What did you guys say to get it fixed for free? The best they gave me was 25% off of the normal $140.

My warranty had just expired (8 days prior) so it didn't take much convincing to get them to cover the cost.

When did you warranty expire?

squid413
12-24-2006, 01:52 AM
My warranty expired in August, however now I read about the 1 year warranty, so I should be covered now. Good job Microsoft.

pencil
12-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Just pick up your control, give it about 4 good slaps on the underside and its fixed.

hoodlum
01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
ahh crap!

Mine just got the ring of death last night. What a way to start the freaking new year with my 360 breaking down after an 8 hour stint of GoW and intense GRAW/H2/COD3 multiplayer action!!

I did everything recommended to do and nothing worked so I gave a quick shout to MS and now they send me box to ship to them (all prepaid woot) and now for the freakin wait for it to come back to my hands

mattgame
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Mine has two rings and when I unplug it and turn it back on it's fine for awhile. Is it overheating or what? I play GoW too.

WillyV2
01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Mine has two rings and when I unplug it and turn it back on it's fine for awhile. Is it overheating or what? I play GoW too.

That was happening to mine about two months ago. However, shortly after it would just flash lights and nothing would start up. I had to cash in on my warranty and get a new one.

Mine however was overheating, a lot. The back and sides of the console were really hot, almost burning hot. I'd say just watch it, maybe give your console breaks every few hours. In reality though, it may be the start of something down the road.

mattgame
01-02-2007, 07:03 AM
That was happening to mine about two months ago. However, shortly after it would just flash lights and nothing would start up. I had to cash in on my warranty and get a new one.

Mine however was overheating, a lot. The back and sides of the console were really hot, almost burning hot. I'd say just watch it, maybe give your console breaks every few hours. In reality though, it may be the start of something down the road.

Damn, oh well, I'll keep an eye on it.

Unreal
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Its the users fault.
My 360 is out to get fixed now. I own every systeym up till this gen and I dont have a problem with any of them. Thats including my PS2. Its not the users fault. Its MS fault.

2 red lights = over heating
3 red lights = system failure
4 red lights = cables not connected right.

Jackyboy
01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
my xbox just died, 1 red light in the lower right quadrant, apparently it was a dvd drive error and i should get a new one by mid february

Nato King
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
my xbox just died, 1 red light in the lower right quadrant, apparently it was a dvd drive error and i should get a new one by mid february

Oh man jacky I am sorry to hear that man. I just hope you can get your xbox back before crackdown hits the stores. If you are looking forward to it I don't want you to miss out on that.

Jackyboy
01-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh man jacky I am sorry to hear that man. I just hope you can get your xbox back before crackdown hits the stores. If you are looking forward to it I don't want you to miss out on that.

yeah, i should get it within 3 weeks, hopefully they wont send me one thats worse

HaZarD SFD
04-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes I just revived an old thread but in all good reason.. I would like to take this time and
remember the times that My XboX360 and I had together in this past year. As just today
it gave the the 3Red Lights of Death. I would like to thank it for all the gaming it gave me
and hope that Microsoft will hurry their ass up and get a new one to my door step!

:hail: :cheers: :hail:

LINKINPARK8591
04-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I smell a conspiracy :D yeah sounds like with GOW Boxes have been taking the hit. I currently have the original xbox it's given me the read light one in a while but always comes back up after that and it's still working fine. I'm going to be making the purchase of the 360 soon. and can't wait.:)
Sorry to hear the downed Xbox's

greenpyro
04-22-2007, 09:37 PM
April 22nd, 2007

2:00 am The Moment The Fun Died

I had only opened the tray of my xbox to get Turistas out of the dvd drive. Not even to play a game.. and yet there they were. Those damn dirty lghts. Blinking, as if silently mocking me. Some say the ol' gal died of a broken heart, while others say that last session of guitar hero was just too much for her. All i know for sure is she's chainsawed her last locust, strummed her last chords, and taken her last lap around gotham city. Didn't even get to play her one last time... to say goodbye...