PDA

View Full Version : if microsoft want to finish Sony for good..

odpr
11-19-2006, 09:09 AM
if microsoft will get sick from sony,
it can always preform that move:

4 years from now, when sony will still lick their wounds from the ps3
(because no matter how much they will sell they will still loose..)

microsoft will anounce a new console on the way.
Sony can never match that,
it can never produce another console so fast,
their financial program is set for more then 5 years.

while microsoft that have no money problem can do that.
every one will go to the new console.

End of sony story.

wulkar
11-19-2006, 09:46 AM
or they can just buy sony. the end

ll Mista GT ll
11-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Buy sony, then blow it up :)

Oh, and odpr, I like your sig, its really neat. Do you think nintendo will come in 2nd place? and PS3 3rd?

wulkar
11-19-2006, 10:43 AM
only reason sony is losing is because thats all they made.

vman
11-19-2006, 11:02 AM
That would actually be the WORST thing MS can do. I think they should ride the 360 longer than 4 years. That would piss off a lot of consumers.

The best thing that MS can do right now is to keep doing what they are doing. They are playing the industry perfectly right now. They are making almost all the right moves. I think that MS needs a few more things to clinch a win this round though:

1) Release an HDMI cord (they can and they should do it sooner than later)
2) Have Rare develop Killer Instinct
3) Official Price Drop of at least $20 within the next 6 months
4) Get Konami to port MGS4 over to the 360 within 1 year of its release on the PS3

If they do all that, then this will be an easy win for MS

odpr
11-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Buy sony, then blow it up :)

Oh, and odpr, I like your sig, its really neat. Do you think nintendo will come in 2nd place? and PS3 3rd?

thanks,
btw,
as you can see the sig is updating automaticlly, all over the forum

and right now, and the folowing months Wii will be second place, that is for sure,...

after 1 year,,, I am not so sure..
Japan is very importent player here, also very much depend if they get hooked to the Wii..

I think that the Wii is a nice gimick, but in the next year or so, it will be immposible for nintnedo to keep on fighting with this GFX, when the second and the third waves of games will come from PS and Xbox.

so what I think ,
for 6 month Wii will be second place,
after that Ps3 will pass it.

and the fight will be close for the next two years between Sony and Ms.. :)

MostWanted18
11-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Why should Microsoft buy Sony then they have to lick the wounds! So I say just let the 360 go for a little longer then make a ultimate console!!! The perfect plan!!!:cool:

ShadedNine
11-19-2006, 01:46 PM
That would actually be the WORST thing MS can do. I think they should ride the 360 longer than 4 years. That would piss off a lot of consumers.

The best thing that MS can do right now is to keep doing what they are doing. They are playing the industry perfectly right now. They are making almost all the right moves. I think that MS needs a few more things to clinch a win this round though:

1) Release an HDMI cord (they can and they should do it sooner than later)
2) Have Rare develop Killer Instinct
3) Official Price Drop of at least $20 within the next 6 months
4) Get Konami to port MGS4 over to the 360 within 1 year of its release on the PS3

If they do all that, then this will be an easy win for MS

HDMI? Bad idea. The complaints about troublsome HDMI are already rolling in for the PS3. It's a good standard made terrible by the industry obsession with adding DRM and a lack of agreement on how to do it. It's also been through too many revisions.

Official price drop would work, but better yet, they could do what they're doing, and that's offer stupidly good deals this season while everyone waits around for shipments of PS3s that aren't coming. FS was offering the 360 (premium), Gears of War, the arcade collection, and some other title I can't recall for $400 CAD...!

l Maximus l
11-19-2006, 10:53 PM
I believe Microsoft is doing everything right. I heard that the PS3s on-line network is glitching as hell and nothing compares to XBox Live - nothing.

Did everyone know that XBox Live is considered the second largest telecommunications company in the world? That's what I heard, but, I don't have anything to confirm it off hand. Anyway, I was pretty damn impressed.

MS has already started the research and development of the third iteration of XBox. In fact, they made an announcement abou this a couple months ago, if I recall. This industry is exceptionally competetive and MS knows that they need to keep on their toes.

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Sony makes alot of products. Microsoft makes PC software and Consoles... I Think more
R&D with Microsoft will overall produce a better console in the next war and ultimately
dominate sony. I wonder if we can call Microsoft to get in on the pre-order now lol!

odpr
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
not really,

sony expertise is in the hardware,
they build hardware from the year 1970..
so microsoft know to make great development tools,
sony know to make great hardware.

so I guess we are going to see this two fighting another generation at least.

oh and one more importent thing , until microsoft won't conquer japan, there is no way that they can dominate.

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I wont be suprised when the Wii tops sales this quarter above sony.

SamSmith
11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
This war hasn't even started and we're talking about the next one!?
Lap it up guys, time will tell.

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
This war hasn't even started and we're talking about the next one!?
Lap it up guys, time will tell.

Yes, and the new XboX will have hover capabilities and be able to cook dinner!:cool:

thatdude222
11-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Yes, and the new XboX will have hover capabilities and be able to cook dinner!:cool:havnt you heard? The PS3 runs so hot it can already cook dinner. MS is gonna have to think of something else.

SamSmith
11-20-2006, 04:49 PM
btw, odpr - how exactly does your sig work? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any way to accurately call on how many consoles of any of the big 3 had been sold.

ShadedNine
11-22-2006, 02:04 AM
btw, odpr - how exactly does your sig work? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any way to accurately call on how many consoles of any of the big 3 had been sold.

It's just linking to an image put up by a website that updates it with approximate numbers on a frequent basis. It's certainly not exact down to the number.

odpr
11-22-2006, 04:02 AM
It's just linking to an image put up by a website that updates it with approximate numbers on a frequent basis. It's certainly not exact down to the number.

correct.