PDA

View Full Version : OK...Who dosn't like JSRF and why?!

Spaztic
02-28-2002, 04:31 PM
subject explains it all!

Kero
02-28-2002, 09:25 PM
wow
nobody posted so far
looks like nobody who has it doesn't like it
i'm getting my copy tomorrow and can't wait
i've played the dreamcast version and it's pretty cool riding on all the rails
it's like playing ssx tricky but without all the wipeouts

AvedisZ
03-01-2002, 04:00 PM
Skating around and spray painting stuff just doesn't get my goat.

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 08:56 PM
I just bought it and it is way better than the one on dc. The graphics are great and it has awesome music. There is all new characters and worlds. I recommend getting it.

dopp5
03-01-2002, 09:42 PM
When I watched the preview on the January disk of Xbox Magazine, it looked frickin' ANNOYING. I have no interest in buying this game.

murken
03-02-2002, 12:52 AM
i have no interest in checking out the game cause it looks like a kids game. with the power of the x-box, developers can do better with graphics than cell shading - it makes the game look like it's from 10 years ago.

Kero
03-02-2002, 12:58 AM
i forced myself into playing it for more than an hour
the sound/music is VERY annoying and after a little while, i see no point in the game
it's just rollerblading around and finding little circles and after you find that circle, you press a button
i see no lasting appeal in the game and the multiplayer mode isn't that fun
i find this game as bad as fusion frenzy

i'm gonna return this for tony hawk or rallysport challenge

darianX
03-02-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by murken
i have no interest in checking out the game cause it looks like a kids game. with the power of the x-box, developers can do better with graphics than cell shading - it makes the game look like it's from 10 years ago.

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but cel shading in full 3d is a fairly NEW technique...you can't name 5 games that use it I'd bet, and out of those 5 how many look as good as JSRF? None. And it IS using the power of the Xbox...it runs smooth as silk even through areas where there are lots and lots of people milling around and cars zooming past. I understand that people have opinions, but ****, at least be more informed first. Oh yeah, nice first post too ;)

kunaak
03-02-2002, 01:26 AM
I played it today and I won't say it's a bad game, but it's definatly a game you'll either love or hate.

mostly likely if your expecting THPS with tagging your gonna hate this game.

for me personally I just played it for a half hour and even that was forcing myself to play that long. when I left that game there was no interest left in it.

Mystakill
03-02-2002, 08:18 PM
For those of you who've only played it for an hour or less, you're missing out on all of the challenges & unlockable characters, music, Grafitti Souls, and Mystery Tapes. There's a lot more to it than just skating around painting stuff.

Wait 'til you get to the shanty-town (I can't remember the name) It's WAY up in the air, with lots of wires, billboard & pipes to grind on to get to the top of the town. Rapid 99's area is also pretty sweet too. Haven't been past that so far.

No, it's *NOT* Tony Hawk with graffiti. It was never intended to be, nor is it advertised as such.

Toder
03-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Mystakill
For those of you who've only played it for an hour or less, you're missing out on all of the challenges & unlockable characters, music, Grafitti Souls, and Mystery Tapes. There's a lot more to it than just skating around painting stuff.

Wait 'til you get to the shanty-town (I can't remember the name) It's WAY up in the air, with lots of wires, billboard & pipes to grind on to get to the top of the town. Rapid 99's area is also pretty sweet too. Haven't been past that so far.

No, it's *NOT* Tony Hawk with graffiti. It was never intended to be, nor is it advertised as such.

I have to say that i totally agree with you on this one.

goingwreckless
03-02-2002, 08:59 PM
jsrf is like gta3 on wheels except no stealing just spraying and ezer to get away from the police

ShawnBus
03-03-2002, 05:18 AM
If you take it down to its base function the game is just Mario64. Do moves to get to certain areas.Instead of grabing coins you tag things. Certain Boss monsters on differnt stages. Its just a very stylized version of that with a new concept. I personally find it to be very enjoyable.

I also find my self humming the one song with the lyrics "extra sugar, extra salt"

gula
03-03-2002, 12:56 PM
I played this game for the Dreamcast and thought it was great. I haven't got the change to play the new version, but I am sure it is A LOT better.

studepaber
03-03-2002, 01:18 PM
For all of you knocking cell shading I was just like you once, and Road Rage and Cell Damage didn't convince me otherwise. But after purchasing JSRF cell shading has come into a new perspective for me. In the first few hours of playing this game I have to admit I was frustrated and wondered why I even bought the game, but after playing the game for awhile and getting a good feel for it you will find that this game has alot of depth, replay value, and that it's one awesome game to play (it's better single player than multi). It's so much more than just spraying and skating.

oh yea by the way, how could you even compare this game to GTA3 let alone THPS??? this game is in a genre of it's own.

murken
03-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by darianX

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but cel shading in full 3d is a fairly NEW technique...you can't name 5 games that use it I'd bet, and out of those 5 how many look as good as JSRF? None. And it IS using the power of the Xbox...it runs smooth as silk even through areas where there are lots and lots of people milling around and cars zooming past. I understand that people have opinions, but ****, at least be more informed first. Oh yeah, nice first post too ;)

perhaps i was too sarcastic for your 'enourmous intelligence' to grasp. there, do the quote marks help to set off my sarcasm?

Xtopia
03-08-2002, 11:25 AM
At first, I did not think this game would be my kind of bag...But it does look kinda cool! So I am goin to rent it tonight...hopefully I like it! If not, Ill get RSC or THPS3! There are just so many great games for the X-Box right now!:)

-WorldSpawn-
03-08-2002, 03:54 PM
I'm immediately turned off by cell-shaded games, but the attention that JSRF seems to be generating has got me interested. I'll rent it :P

Marc
03-09-2002, 01:38 AM
I don't like it. I think it is a **** poor game to be exclusive to the xbox. Only on xbox is cool when it is halo. When it is JSRF it is a joke. I have more fun in the shower than I could have with this game.

BigWillieCole
03-14-2002, 01:46 AM
I personally LIKE the game, Everyone is right though, its either a Love it or Hate it kinda game. The layout is good, but the best part is the exploration of the levels and finding the hidden features!!!! Its at least worth the $6 to rent then go buy it!!!!

:eek:

Plewis
03-16-2002, 11:28 AM
i rented it, played for a couple days non-stop, but i got grounded:( , I love this game, and if anyone owns it and doesn't like it... I'll trade ya bloodwake or amped for it. You have to find the soul of the game... it's rebellion;)

Woocifer
03-16-2002, 12:43 PM
I think I'm gunna puke... it's a friggin video game, not a statement! Man you guys are so hungry for style...I'll bet you all drool when walking past a skate shop or an Old Navy store.

I grit my teeth whenever seeing or hearing this game just because I know exactly who it is catering to and I'm just so sick of it being cool because huh Rave yo, sick whack jigga jigga pum pum.... man shut up! Take your over sized sunglasses, your spikey hair, your E, your glow sticks and throw them in the trash! Well not yer hair, but you know what I mean. Not have I been so turned off from something since pokemon became all popular and all the cartoons on the tv became crummy anime knockoffs.

You can't just have one style have it's own niche can ya...you have to beat it and rape it until it is bad to say that something about that certain style sucks. JSRF is not a bad game...but it really wasn't this amazing as people flip out. Hell Halo wasn't the greatest game either! But people flipped over that too! It was a great console intro, but you have to admit that the levels began to repeat, there needed to be just a few more weapons, the enemies were kinda cutesy, the cut scenes looked a little sub par and the game was a little short. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the game, but stop blowin yer load over these titles and getting insulted when someone goes, hmmm well they could have improved this, or maybe something like this would have been better...or heaven forbid someone says It's not my kinda scene...

And as for cel-shading? Having flat rendered textureless characters given depth with shadowing does not impress me one bit. Like I said, has it's own style, but the comment saying it looks like something 10 years ago? Well to tell you the truth, it looks like something recent, but something very lazy. Everything has this two or three tone shading on it and NOTHING ELSE. Why does that interest you? Actually I don't care why it interests you because I'll get the same kind of answers over and over again. I don't want to hear how the game is mad crazy, or that the characters are sick yo, or how you think the design is the schnizznit slip slap d to the o to the p to the e....

I have no problem with reality and non-reality games...I have a problem with people supporting an idea and stickin their fists up others noses just because they feel comfortable in the confounds of a lack-lustre style that defeats it's purpose by being so, what people think, 'out-there' and 'mad hype'....

**** I hate pop culture....

Plewis
03-16-2002, 03:43 PM
ok... we all have our opinions:D

Woocifer
03-16-2002, 04:27 PM
I think that's the problem...I don't think we do...I think most of us have the opinion of some single marketed idealist and are regurgitating it upon others.

I am not allowed to give my reasons on a game on why it doesn't seem up to par without someone cramming their lingo and fanboyism down my throat.

It's more than aggrivating to feel a lack of progress in quality of software because the majority believes the crap fed to us is good... that's where this stems from.

Things like N'Sync are marketed and sold to everyone. And because of this fanboy ignorance I'm talking about, I find that the tv and radio are inundated with N'Sync. All because a billion people decided that hey since it's what's in, I'm in too.

Plewis
03-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I think that's the problem...I don't think we do...I think most of us have the opinion of some single marketed idealist and are regurgitating it upon others.

I am not allowed to give my reasons on a game on why it doesn't seem up to par without someone cramming their lingo and fanboyism down my throat.

It's more than aggrivating to feel a lack of progress in quality of software because the majority believes the crap fed to us is good... that's where this stems from.

Things like N'Sync are marketed and sold to everyone. And because of this fanboy ignorance I'm talking about, I find that the tv and radio are inundated with N'Sync. All because a billion people decided that hey since it's what's in, I'm in too.

are you calling me a "fanboy"? HA HA HA HA HA! I am anything but a fanboy. I own an xbox, N64, and GBA right now. I am planning on buying a gamecube. Tell me if that is a fanboy. I really did not think JSRF was gonna be a good game... I rented it because I heard it was pretty good. I didn't want to put it aside just because I didn't think it looked very "cool":rolleyes: . I don't just buy them because they are "cool". I buy them because they are fun... I guess it's people like me that set the "cool" standard, and people like you who are an outcast from it;)

Woocifer
03-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Actaully Plewis I was having the discussion with you, so no I wasn't considering you a fanboy. I'm talking about the wave of excitement that surrounds a game that drives people to be something that they aren't. And it is sad to see how they blatantly protect things that they have been lead to believe is cool...the problem is, most of the mainstream garbage is never challenged because too many fanboys jump on the wagon and coat themselves with protection in numbers.

I never centered you out Plewis, but I find it great that you became offended when the word fanboy was used, it means I hit something. But since you can defend yourself, it is deemed moot that you are not one. It's more or less accepted that you aren't one when you prove that you aren't one...which you did.

I said that UFC was a horrible game a while back...and of course all those UFC guys came out of the woodwork in their little gangs and started to nip at my heels about it...why? they claim they like the game...but in actuality they like UFC so much that they are willing to place affection towards anything if it has UFC on it. IT could be the most useless piece of junk, but since it's a UFC product, or an N'sync product or a WWF product...it doesn't matter what namebrand or fan base...its the attitude that they display that is aggrivating and causes this mob mentality that lower standards of products are okay just as long as you put the certain label that they like on it.

Plewis
03-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Actaully Plewis I was having the discussion with you, so no I wasn't considering you a fanboy. I'm talking about the wave of excitement that surrounds a game that drives people to be something that they aren't. And it is sad to see how they blatantly protect things that they have been lead to believe is cool...the problem is, most of the mainstream garbage is never challenged because too many fanboys jump on the wagon and coat themselves with protection in numbers.

I never centered you out Plewis, but I find it great that you became offended when the word fanboy was used, it means I hit something. But since you can defend yourself, it is deemed moot that you are not one. It's more or less accepted that you aren't one when you prove that you aren't one...which you did.

I said that UFC was a horrible game a while back...and of course all those UFC guys came out of the woodwork in their little gangs and started to nip at my heels about it...why? they claim they like the game...but in actuality they like UFC so much that they are willing to place affection towards anything if it has UFC on it. IT could be the most useless piece of junk, but since it's a UFC product, or an N'sync product or a WWF product...it doesn't matter what namebrand or fan base...its the attitude that they display that is aggrivating and causes this mob mentality that lower standards of products are okay just as long as you put the certain label that they like on it.

I simply disagree with you on this subject. You know how hyped DOA3, Bloodwake, and Wreckless were? They were pretty but had no gameplay. Of course the first couple of days there were people who were all "This game is F'n Awesome" but after the first few days the hype slowed down, and people started to realize they had wasted 50 bucks. Unfortunately I wasted $100 on DOA3 and Bloodwake;) ... Since then I have traded DOA3, and plan on trading bloodwake. But if a game is "crap" people voice their opinions on it, and say it sucks. I think the majority of gamers (especially addicts) really look for games that appeal to them, and don't buy games that are crap... of course this idea does not work for casual gamers.... DAM CASUAL GAMERS:mad: ...:D

taabu
03-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Ok so im new here. Everyone can learn to love me now! mwahaha. Blah! Umm... anyone have any cheats for Tony Hawk 3 yet?

I used up all my sick days, so im calling in Dead! :rolleyes:

Plewis
03-19-2002, 05:33 PM
ur new here... so I'll be nice. you should start ur own thread if youwant a question, not posting something completely random in another thread. This thread is about JSRF, and if you really want cheats for THPS3 then you should go to the find games section, find tony hawk, and look for the thing that says cheats. Click that and there ya go;) BTW-not many people here respect cheaters, so u might want to keep that a secret;)