PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think it's time...

Pathogen
11-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I think it's time to finally put away the old Xbox and buy a 360. Is there anything I should know before buying it? Should I wait a little longer for the 360 with HD-DVD built in? I'm pretty much clueless about the 360. :huh:

thatdude222
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
i dont think there's going to be an xbox 360 with hd-dvd built in, but then again it could happen. prolly not for a few years though. if you get one, grab ovlivion, it kicks ass

J4320
11-22-2006, 03:30 PM
edit -

nevermind

Infidel
11-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I have been holding back from buying the 360 as well, mostly because I wanted to see how the other next-gen systems would hold up against it. Seeing the PS3's comparitive suckage, i agree that it is time.

see you on the other side...

wulkar
11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Welcome both of you to the 360 side of things.

first things first. get oblivion. that gmae is a easy 1000 GS and its fun. second. get Splintercell Double agent. its awesome. and third. get tonyhawks project 8 if you like tonyhawk games

J4320
11-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome both of you to the 360 side of things.

first things first. get oblivion. that gmae is a easy 1000 GS and its fun. second. get Splintercell Double agent. its awesome. and third. get tonyhawks project 8 if you like Carpel Tunnel.

fixed your comment there ^

:rofl:

My hands are seriously sore from playing Project 8 and getting all those crazy combos.

wulkar
11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
fixed your comment there ^

:rofl:

My hands are seriously sore from playing Project 8 and getting all those crazy combos.

i know mine are sore to but man do i love that game. i play for a few hours and take a break for like 30 min.

thatdude222
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
get the game, "call of doodie 2 it rocks"

J4320
11-23-2006, 12:12 AM
i know mine are sore to but man do i love that game. i play for a few hours and take a break for like 30 min.

Yeah I think I have eye strain from it too. It really is addicting. I need to unlock the last two places.

Oh and speaking of Call of Doodie 2, Best Buy is gonna have it for $19.99 this Friday. I don't know if you guys will be up for fighting the crowds though.

Razor70
11-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Yep, add me to the fold guys...I finally broke down and got my 360. Will be picking up Oblivion, Tony Hawk Project 8 and Call of Duty 2 sometime in the next few weeks. Signing up for Xbox Live on Friday too. Catch ya all laters...if anyone can suggest other games that are worth a look see would greatly appreciate it.

Splinter-Seal
11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey, guys. Damn it's been a while since I have posted here. Anyways.

I'm about to break down and buy myself a 360 aswell. I suppose I'm going to go ahead and pick up the pro package, but there is a couple things I'd like to know before I venture into 360' ville.

One. Is there any particular cable that will be better than the one it's packaged with? I'm not going to be running this unit on my high-def, rather my standard tv I have designated for gaming. That said, I know that cables won't make a huge diference but I do have a Monster brand cable on my currnet original XBox and there is a considerable difference between it and the one that came with my XBox from the factory. So, I was just wondering if cable that the 360 is shipped with would be just as good as anything else you could buy, in terms of standard 480 visuals.

Two. Is the wireless controller decent, or should I just go ahead and pick up a wired controller while I'm shopping? I have never had much use for wireless periphs, but if you guys seem to think it's a good unit, I'll give it a try.

Another question, this one is about LIVE. I have heard you can subscribe to LIVE via the dashboard, on the 360. Is this so? If it is so, is there a way you can select what package you want, and furthermore which package do you guys suggest? I haven't been on XBox LIVE in some time, in fact my account is dead -going with a whole new deal here.

Any other must buys, tips, etc are more than welcome.

Thanks for any help.

Hope you guys are doing well.

pjh13
11-24-2006, 02:18 PM
the wireless controller is great, the cables that come with work fine for me and my hd tv but i am sure monster cables or somthing with hdmi(is that what it is called) would look better.

and they two games that are getting the most play from me and my friends are gears of war, and NBA 2K7 both are great.

FatBox
11-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Should also pick up Gears of War if you're into shooters, this game is pretty sweet, especially chainsawing people.

SPARTAN 0841992
11-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Quick list of buys and amount of easy gamerpoints:
Call of duty 2: 1000 GS if ure persistent
Oblivion: 1000 GS (personally havent played it but heard its awesome)
Splinter Cell D.A.: around 500-600 GS (personal fav)
Tony Hawk P8: 300-500 GS (depends on skill and how much of a beating ure fingers can take)
Gears of War: 300-600 GS (im not actually sure, but a rough estimate of GS)

DONT BUYS:
Dead Rising: ignore hype, frustrating in a VERY vad way
Prey: lots of easy GS, but not worth the cash

most of the other games are mostly personal preference, but this list is made up mainly of the opinions of me and MANY of my friends on XBL. hope this helps