PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Video MarketPlace

Mwright
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
this is a great new feature and it looks great on how the menus are set up and have enough shows and movie to last me over 4 a while...the price is good but one thing...u have to download the movies and shows...i have Cable internet and i find waiting almost 45 mins for me to be able to watch a show is a little long...it would be best if we could just stream it and then while its streaming its also saving it to your HDD..if they dont get this prolbem fixed with the download times..i feel that VideoMarketPlace will be Doomed

SamSmith
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Just what i was thinking, really hope a streaming feature is added. Also, hope MS get some names under the belt so we can see some great movies up for download.

J4320
11-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I haven't really looked at the Video Marketplace. Why not just buy the videos so you're not limited to only having them on your 360? Are they cheaper or something?

Mwright
11-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I haven't really looked at the Video Marketplace. Why not just buy the videos so you're not limited to only having them on your 360? Are they cheaper or something?

the movies...u just rent them...but the shows you get to keep forever..which some have the whole season which is a lot cheapier..and for renting movies...its cheapier than cable renting and some movies are in HD..but like i said...unless the get streaming down..its gonna be a useless feature

Zytius
11-23-2006, 01:41 PM
i like this feature a lot. i agree that the download times are terrible. i downloaded 5 shows and it took about 7 hours. thats just crazy

Crazy Joe
11-23-2006, 05:42 PM
so, is this not in Canada or what? the Video Marketplace for me has nothing like what you guys are talking about.

Mwright
11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
so, is this not in Canada or what? the Video Marketplace for me has nothing like what you guys are talking about.

This is what we get in the US...
Adult Swim
Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force
CBS
CSI, Jericho, and Star Trek: The Original Series
Comedy Central
The Emmy and Peabody Award-Winning comedy South Park and Chappelle’s Show
CW
Supernatural and Veronica Mars
MTV
The Real World and Punk'd
MTV2
Andy Milonakis, Wildboyz and WonderShowzen
Nicktoons
Skyland and Invader Zim
Nickelodeon
Avatar: The Last Airbender and SpongeBob SquarePants
Spike TV
Carpocalypse and Raising the Roofs
UFC
Griffin vs. Sinosic, Leban vs. Silva UFC, and Riggs vs. Lytle
VH1
Breaking Bonaduce and Hogan Knows Best
Warner Bros.
Studio 60, The Nine
and the some 45 movies from Paramount and Warner Bros

killerscott
11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
neato... had no idea... still i wont buy anything.

SPARTAN 0841992
11-26-2006, 01:26 AM
the video marketplace is really cool, ive already downloaded some south park and jackass (two favorite shows) but until the traffic slows, the downloads, even for 22 mins low res takes about an hour. it doesnt really make sense. i figure that it downloads a second of video every two seconds. so i wouldnt recconmend downloading anything big like a high-res movie until the traffic slows. the good news is that on rented movies u have 14 days to watch it after u start downloading, but the bad news is that after u play it the first time, it expires in 24 hours. episodes of tv shows are permanent, and all tv shows (regardless of length) cost 160 points in my experience, and the movies cost different amounts, although the high-res (if there is one) costs at least 100 points more, although if i had an hd tv, im sure it would be worth it. i hope this sheds some light on it, and if it did, glad to help.

CarGuy
11-26-2006, 01:00 PM
different countries will have different shows to download because of syndication issues and the fact some shows are owned by different networks in different countries. Some **** like that..

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2006, 10:22 PM
**** this is gay. so you us folks pay less for your 360s, and you get more content!? this is microsoft playing its games again :@ stupid cu.nt scabs! :mad: