PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Miami?



Kooster
02-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Grand Theft Auto: Miami? I heard that the Xbox version of GTA3 is going to have enhanced graphics, as much violence as the PS2 version :D , and a Miami level. I've also heard that PS2 is going to have an expansion for the Miami level that will cost like $20-$30. If this is true, then I see how Xbox can easily beat PS2 even by making old games!

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 05:49 PM
OK it worked, you got me interested. Now just where did you 'hear' this?

E-Xbox
02-28-2002, 05:49 PM
yo....
gta miami is a totally new gta being made....
there is nothing official bout n e gta 3 on xbox yet...

Kooster
02-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK
OK it worked, you got me interested. Now just where did you 'hear' this? I wish I could remember. I heard it sometime this week, but I can't remember where. I hope it's true!

Toonz
02-28-2002, 06:16 PM
I am little confused as how it could be a " Add On" being that the Ps2 has no HD would it not have to be a Stand Alone version ?

Kooster
02-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
yo....
gta miami is a totally new gta being made....
there is nothing official bout n e gta 3 on xbox yet... Actually, Take Two confirmed that GTA3 will be released on Xbox and PC. Click Here. (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/091/091863p1.html)

Kooster
02-28-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I am little confused as how it could be a " Add On" being that the Ps2 has no HD would it not have to be a Stand Alone version ? I'm confused too. This is just a rumor that I heard.

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I am little confused as how it could be a " Add On" being that the Ps2 has no HD would it not have to be a Stand Alone version ?

Good point. Perhaps it's a rebate or something. In other words, maybe current PoS2 GTA3 versions can be traded it along with $20-30 to get the upgraded version. Personally, even this idea sounds tacky, if its true :confused:

Kooster
02-28-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus


Good point. Perhaps it's a rebate or something. In other words, maybe current PoS2 GTA3 versions can be traded it along with $20-30 to get the upgraded version. Personally, even this idea sounds tacky, if its true :confused: Tacky for PS2 or Xbox?

Crazy Joe
02-28-2002, 06:43 PM
no, it's not a stand alone game, it's extra levels i saw that too, i'll try to find it

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Tacky for PS2 or Xbox?

PoS2...the XBox version will already be upgraded :)

Crazy Joe
02-28-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Koolice98
thats not GTA4, its GTA3: Miami, its a addon disc that will come out around christmas for $30, and thats also when GTA3 comes out for Xbox with the Miami levels thrown in for free, and GTA4 will be avilable for both systems


That is what i heard, it is in another thread talking about this article

http://www.gamers.com/news/1086323

Kooster
02-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew



That is what i heard, it is in another thread talking about this article

http://www.gamers.com/news/1086323 Cool. I'm glad you found some information on it because I couldn't find any. I think thats where I saw it too. But I wonder how this Gortholomew guy knows about this?

Razor70
02-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Well righteous! I hadn't heard they finalled comfirmed the Xbox version! That rules! Cant wait to do some damage on it! I had it for the Ps2 but am getting rid of my Ps2 for more Xbox stuff. Rock on!

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3: THE DIRTY JUST GOT DIRTIER! XBOX!

kornavs19
02-28-2002, 09:47 PM
Thats awesome. there really coming out with it??? wooooohoooo

kornavs19
02-28-2002, 09:50 PM
Is it true they that GTA III is really coming out for X-Box? I keep hearing different answers so idk what 2 beleive...

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew



That is what i heard, it is in another thread talking about this article

http://www.gamers.com/news/1086323

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? This article doesn't even mention XBox!

rr9597
02-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Ive heard about GTA3 for a while and I thought you all knew. OXM officialy said that they would be coming out with it. There is nothing different from PS2 except XBOX's awesome graphics

fear_this
02-28-2002, 09:57 PM
You mean Beastly graphics. :)

kornavs19
02-28-2002, 10:00 PM
thanks a bunch.. i needed 2 know if i should save money for it or not....

kornavs19
02-28-2002, 10:07 PM
I heard that the X-Box version of GTA III is going to be edited. (No hookers, or mafia) is that true?? I dont beleive it but im not 100% sure if it is or not...

rr9597
02-28-2002, 10:10 PM
Nothing will be different then the original, as far as gameplay goes, if not it just wouldnt be the same GTA

Nato King
02-28-2002, 10:27 PM
I know that one thing will be different from any other GTA games and that will be the Graphics. The Graphics for this game will be sweet.:)

Kooster
02-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK


Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? This article doesn't even mention XBox! Yeah, somewhere on Gamers.com it does. But Gortholomew quoted what it said on the site, so you don't need to search for it.

HaloUK
03-01-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Yeah, somewhere on Gamers.com it does. But Gortholomew quoted what it said on the site, so you don't need to search for it.
He didn't quote the site, he was quoting another forum post...

Kooster
03-01-2002, 06:49 AM
What happened to this post?

JJaX
03-01-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Actually, Take Two confirmed that GTA3 will be released on Xbox and PC. Click Here. (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/091/091863p1.html)

I hate to burst everyones bubble, but this article is a year old. :(
Lots of games were in development for the xbox then were canned. Yes even FFXI.

FuNkY mOnK
03-01-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Yes, GTA3 has been confirmed for "X-Box", but know word on when it's coming out, or whether or not it'll be different from the PS2 version. :)
:confused:

RudedogX
03-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
I heard that the X-Box version of GTA III is going to be edited. (No hookers, or mafia) is that true?? I dont beleive it but im not 100% sure if it is or not...

Ummm...from what I've read, if anything they're adding stuff to the game for the XBox (some cars, extra environments *hint*Miami*hint*), so I wouldn't worry about losing out on the hookers or mafia.;)

Kooster
03-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JJaX


I hate to burst everyones bubble, but this article is a year old. :(
Lots of games were in development for the xbox then were canned. Yes even FFXI. Even if it is a year old, the April issue of OXM said that GTA3 is coming out for Xbox. It also said that its coming out Q2 2002.