PDA

View Full Version : text soooo small!! can't they do something?

Crazy Joe
11-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Recently i've been playing some games that have more text incorporated into the game, Enchanted Arms and Dead Rising, and dear god the text is sooooo small I can barely read it. I've heard that the games were tested on HDTV and on standard definition text is almost unreadable, this is very true, is there nothing anyone can do to fix this? It really affects the gameplay experience.

wulkar
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
a small help for the deadrising is to have your 360 set to widescreen and then start playing. but capcom started and then stopped a patch to fix it so there is nothing we can do.

Tony_Macaroni
11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
bring binocs

SamSmith
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I've had similar troubles with oblivion, it might be due to the fact that I play with a miniscule Tv - but it can get annoying.
Only solution I can think of, buy a bigger tv :|

Jackyboy
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
bigger tvs dont really help, i still cant read text on dead rising. is it any better on hdtv's?

Crazy Joe
11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
ya, HDTV's are supposedly a lot easier. Apparently i'm not as bad off as alot of people in that I can actually read it, it's just small, since I have my 360 hooked up through Component video, if you have it hooked through composite, i hear it's too blurry to even read.

Mwright
11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
if any1 has played the Lost Planet MP demo they know that the gamertags during a game are just dots...like its so small its not funny..well its funny in the sense that when making a game capcom or the testers couldnt pick up on the fact that no1 can read the text....maybe its because they are all asian and there eyes are always shut a little so they can prolly read it

ll Mista GT ll
11-28-2006, 05:16 PM
if any1 has played the Lost Planet MP demo they know that the gamertags during a game are just dots...like its so small its not funny..well its funny in the sense that when making a game capcom or the testers couldnt pick up on the fact that no1 can read the text....maybe its because they are all asian and there eyes are always shut a little so they can prolly read it

ROFL I heart you! :rofl:

pjh13
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
i think an hdtv helps because i have a hdtv that is not that big but it is 100 times eaiser to read the words then the standard def tv i have that is only like 5 inchs smaller

wulkar
11-28-2006, 08:24 PM
lost planet is getting fixed

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/28/capcom-fixing-lost-planet-tiny-text/

SPARTAN 0841992
11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
yea i saw that lost planet was fixed, but i still seem to wonder why they wwould do it in the first place? i mean in dead rising, not only were otis' calls themselves annoying as hell, but you cant even read the stuff! i swear, that, among other things, really turned me off of potentialy great game.

Mwright
11-30-2006, 04:45 PM
dead rising was one of the best games with the most errors..now i by that i mean the game sounds fun...but the long load times..and having to load everywhere..and the worse part was having to read in game voices..u would pick up a phone and he would tell u something and by the time u tried to read it..it was gone...like i said..no1 would be talking about this game in 4 months and i was right..

wulkar
11-30-2006, 05:28 PM
.no1 would be talking about this game in 4 months and i was right..

people are stil talking, just about all the things wrong with it. so either capcom is stupid or brilliant...i am choosing option a

Batman_wanna_be
12-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Microsoft has just rolled out a new update for the Xbox 360 dashboard. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

The update fixes HD video output issues previously found on VGA connections. The update also improves plug and play performance for wired headsets used with wireless controllers.

Source: TeamXbox

Crazy Joe
12-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Microsoft has just rolled out a new update for the Xbox 360 dashboard. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

The update fixes HD video output issues previously found on VGA connections. The update also improves plug and play performance for wired headsets used with wireless controllers.

Source: TeamXbox

? this is related how?