PDA

View Full Version : I Got The April Issue Of Oxm! The Best Issue For The Launch Of Games! Including Gta3!

CALzinger
02-28-2002, 05:07 PM
I just got the the april issue of oxm yesterday, and i was looking through it. I was reading it and it showed a lot of information on all the new games coming out. There was one section that showed 100 games that were coming out in march - april. They even gave many reviews for future games coming out, including THPS3, crash bandicoot, JSRF, Gun Valkrie, and blood omen 2. They previewed 007 agent under fire, and MGSX!! They said that it was a 75% chance that MGSX was on xbox. They gave info on the matrix and unreal championship. They gave some real good footage of the GTA3 version for xbox. AND THEY GAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR GTA3!!

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 RELEASE DATE: Q3 2002

This means that GTA3, should be out some time between may and august. Just be happy now that we know its coming. The april issue also has the WRECKLESS DEMO so you can play before you buy it.

This issue said on the front cover that there would be a new halo secret. I looked through every page........
I FOUND NOTHING ON HALO! All I saw in the question area was that someone asked about 5 new levels if you beat legendary. They said no, but they never said anything about the FLAMETHROWER!

I just thought I'd say that the APRIL ISSUE is the one that tells ya about future games. If you dont order OXM, then go to the store and buy the april issue (when it is april of course.) And "yes", I am sorry if i rotted and spoiled your fun because now you won't be surprised when you get the april issue and see what i told you. But hey, this is for those that dont order it.

HALO 2: 35% chance it will come (Bungie has this game under developement)

FINAL FANTASY XI: 30% chance it will come

RIDGE RACER XBOX: 98% chance it will come

DINO CRISIS 3: 98% chance it will come

Again, I'm sorry for those people who order OXM if i ruined and spoiled the surprise of a new mag by telling you whats in it.

Take i poll, what you think of OXM?

Toonz
02-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Mercury
02-28-2002, 07:41 PM
What about the new costumes secret for DOA3???

E Nomini Patri
02-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Darn it! I just got the March issue at my local Wal-Mart like 3 days ago and it was when it came out there so they are like a month behind! I need a subscription!

SnOoPy
02-28-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Darn it! I just got the March issue at my local Wal-Mart like 3 days ago and it was when it came out there so they are like a month behind! I need a subscription!
LOLZ, me to, I bought the march issue thinking it was the April issue yesterday. I read somewhere Wreckless is in the demo CD so I bought the issue but when I pop in the demo CD I saw no Wrechless:( & notice I pick up the march issue with tony hawk in the cover. They didn't ahve the april issue in my local EB. I also need a subcription... :(

fear_this
02-28-2002, 07:59 PM
This sounds like its going to be a pretty good OXM. Im going to go get it once I get my hands on some spare money. And they have GTA3 in it. Thats like amazing. :eek:

CALzinger
02-28-2002, 07:59 PM
you should order it from Official Xbox Magazine (http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/) . you get your issues for like $1 or $2, i forgot how much exactly, but its alot cheaper than $8.99. And you get your issues one month before they come out in the stores.
I GOT MY APRIL ISSUE ON FEBRUARY 27, in february! it shoulda been in march, but the earlier the better

and yes, they are creating a doa3 update disk which will give many new costumes, around 50 new moves, new levels and more lovely crap. and if you order oxm, they will give you that disk for free with their mag. if you buy it, it might be about $15 or more. nothing about $30.

there is also a new star wars rpg in the april mag, its called star wars: knights of the old republic. if you hated star wars, this will change ur mind. the graphics are amazing, the gameply looks sweet. check out for yourself: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/) it looks amazing

there will also be a new xbox communicator so you can talk to ur team while you play the online games. you can switch it for team talk and all talk

there is a green see-through xbox called the debug kit, its not sold, i wouldn't want it, only because it cant play all the games, only the release xbox games

i think i better stop, im telling too much stuff about the mag, you should buy it, but if you have questions on it, i could post it here or even add pictures if you want

also, you probably wont find the april issue now because it isn't april yet, if you order oxm through mail, then you get it about a month earlier than the date.

but if you order it, it takes about 1 1/2 -- 2 months to arrive. i order mine on december 25, and i got the first issue on feb 1, i was gettin impatiente, but i got it, so i couldn't care less

CALzinger
02-28-2002, 08:03 PM
also, another thing, just curious, but who voted for "OXM SUCKS!"????? well, we all have opinions anyway, just curious
i was going to vote for that, only because of mike salmons hair, but then i thought oxm was good

E-Xbox
02-28-2002, 08:33 PM
nice

Rock2
02-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Not to try to sell but if you don't have thismagazine than you ought to go subscribe to it cause its awesome and you usually get it a month in advance.

VAN
02-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Remember folks, OXM is still in its infancy. Remember Issue #1? What a sorry excuse for a gaming mag. If it were a little bit softer, I woulda had a use for it. :) Heck, we are still only 5 issues into the life of the publication.

My point is that the magazine will continue to grow and improve as the Xbox grows and improves. It's kinda hard to pack tons of articles and featurettes into a monthly magazine when there isn't much being released for the console that it bases its features on. Now that the launch dates of games are becoming more and more frequent, you can rest assured that OXM will develop into the definitive publication for Xbox related reviews and information.

If ya don't like it...give 'em some time. :)

Sheesh. You'd think I was working for OXM and not XBA. :D

Hugh_Jass
03-01-2002, 08:51 AM
I get all the news and screen shots I need on the Internet. The demo disc doesn't interest me much, either. I'd rather put the subscription fee toward another game for my library.

RudedogX
03-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mercury
What about the new costumes secret for DOA3???

I think the mag said something about the DOA3 costumes and moves being in the june or july disk (or something like that).