PDA

View Full Version : 3 red light xbox ressurected from the dead!!! true

twisty1er
11-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey everybody this is my first post with many more to come! I bought my first xbox about 2 weeks ago, I never had the first xbox and im amazed at how the graphics look on my tv now. However the main reason I bought this Xbox was because it had the dreaded 3 red lights, I read on the internet that this was an easy fix! so I said to myself what the hell I have nothing to do all day so let me spend my last 100 bucks and see what happens. It took me about 40 minutes just to open up the plastics that go on the outside around the Xbox 360 very tricky, then on the inside you have about 16 silver star shaped screws (forgot the correct term) once those came off I took off the drive and I was ready for the hair dryer, theres no need for a heat gun (had to substitue I dont own one period). I covered the top left, and left side of the circuit board with my moms aluminum foil and blasted away with my sisters Revlon hair dryer for about 18-20 minutes, I let it to cool for about 35 minutes. Then when I hooked it up and turned it on and saw the green lights swirl I was amazed that I actually fixed it and It really worked. I know it wont overheat again because ever since then Ive been playing for about 9 hours straight everyday(call of duty 2)!!! I haven't played online yet but once I get some christmas money I will.

If anyone wants a step by step detailed instructions lt me know!

vman
11-26-2006, 10:17 AM
congrats, brother and welcome to XBA!!!!

CarGuy
11-26-2006, 12:31 PM
my system over heated once and wouldn't turn back on immediately. Let it cool down for about a half hour and it was fine. I'll never play with it on the carpet again..

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Don't play for more then a half hour. Its simple. Just play for a half hour, and go outside. =) Works for me.

thatdude222
11-26-2006, 03:34 PM
launch box, no problems so far (knock on wood)
welcome to XBA brother!

nutsnyomowf
11-26-2006, 03:53 PM
welcome to XBA brother!
keep knocking buddy:D I was saying the same thing last week, then wham there it went:yikes:

twisty1er
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
thnx everybody for welcoming me into the club, now where do I get my xbox 360 logo bramed on my arm

laughs
11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
welcome to XBA brother!

MXracer721
11-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey everybody this is my first post with many more to come! I bought my first xbox about 2 weeks ago, I never had the first xbox and im amazed at how the graphics look on my tv now. However the main reason I bought this Xbox was because it had the dreaded 3 red lights, I read on the internet that this was an easy fix! so I said to myself what the hell I have nothing to do all day so let me spend my last 100 bucks and see what happens. It took me about 40 minutes just to open up the plastics that go on the outside around the Xbox 360 very tricky, then on the inside you have about 16 silver star shaped screws (forgot the correct term) once those came off I took off the drive and I was ready for the hair dryer, theres no need for a heat gun (had to substitue I dont own one period). I covered the top left, and left side of the circuit board with my moms aluminum foil and blasted away with my sisters Revlon hair dryer for about 18-20 minutes, I let it to cool for about 35 minutes. Then when I hooked it up and turned it on and saw the green lights swirl I was amazed that I actually fixed it and It really worked. I know it wont overheat again because ever since then Ive been playing for about 9 hours straight everyday(call of duty 2)!!! I haven't played online yet but once I get some christmas money I will.

If anyone wants a step by step detailed instructions lt me know!
its great u fixed ur xbox........but maybe im not reading what u wrote right but what exactly did u fix?

Reclaimer
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I bought my first xbox about 2 weeks ago,

You realize that you just voided the 360's warranty and possibly the store warranty if you got one.
Now that you broke it open, should something really serious arise beyond your expertise with a hair dryer, you have to buy a whole new 360 because getting it repaired, even at a fraction of the cost of a new one is no longer an option.

XxPunkerxX
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
well i just picked my 360 up last thursday and the other day my dog cam flying into my room while i was playing and he knocked it over, it turned the system off and when i turned it on the red lights came on and told me to call xbox support i freaked out lol, i turned it off and on again and its been fine ever since

thatdude222
11-28-2006, 08:25 PM
welcome to XBA brother!get your own line.

twisty1er
11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
what I fixed on my xbox was the dreaded 3 red lights because thats what was wrong with it. As far as the warranty it doesn't matter because it ended already and the guy that sold it to me was just using it as a papper weight so it all works out.

if It ever does it again ill put some fireworks in it and put it up on you tube!

happy gaming everyone

MXracer721
11-29-2006, 04:48 PM
what I fixed on my xbox was the dreaded 3 red lights because thats what was wrong with it. As far as the warranty it doesn't matter because it ended already and the guy that sold it to me was just using it as a papper weight so it all works out.

if It ever does it again ill put some fireworks in it and put it up on you tube!

happy gaming everyone

well ****ing DUH, i KNOW that u fixed the 3 red lights. the red lights ISNT the problem its what it causing the 3 red lights. all i got from ur post was, take a blow dryer to the inside of ur xbox while covering something inside of it with ur moms alluminum foil and then the lights will magically turn back to green. it sounds like the 360 overheated, which was causing the 3 red lights, so what ur saying is when ur xbox overheats blast it with more heat and then it will work. awesome.

thatdude222
11-29-2006, 07:51 PM
well ****ing DUH, i KNOW that u fixed the 3 red lights. the red lights ISNT the problem its what it causing the 3 red lights. all i got from ur post was, take a blow dryer to the inside of ur xbox while covering something inside of it with ur moms alluminum foil and then the lights will magically turn back to green. it sounds like the 360 overheated, which was causing the 3 red lights, so what ur saying is when ur xbox overheats blast it with more heat and then it will work. awesome. dont scare away new members :(

eskara
12-03-2006, 08:56 AM

happy gaming everyone

That would be so awesome:hardcore:

ACC_Champs89
12-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Hey thatdude...I'm a brand spankin new member as well and i understand (to a point) where your comin from about taking it easy on the newbies, but MXracer makes a good point and the sarcasm was well placed. Obviously this redlight thing has been a real pain in the butt for thousabds of xbox owners (incl me). Along comes twisty who seems to have figured out how to fix the problem once and for all.....or does he?

I dont know about this....here's a guy who claims to have fixed a glitch that is affecting thousands and thousands of people but he cant understand the difference b/t telling us WHAT he did versus telling us HOW he did it?!!! :huh:

Maybe there are some new members that should be scared away..:bang:

Cheers
ACC

Slacker
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey thatdude...I'm a brand spankin new member as well and i understand (to a point) where your comin from about taking it easy on the newbies, but MXracer makes a good point and the sarcasm was well placed. Obviously this redlight thing has been a real pain in the butt for thousabds of xbox owners (incl me). Along comes twisty who seems to have figured out how to fix the problem once and for all.....or does he?

I dont know about this....here's a guy who claims to have fixed a glitch that is affecting thousands and thousands of people but he cant understand the difference b/t telling us WHAT he did versus telling us HOW he did it?!!! :huh:

Maybe there are some new members that should be scared away..:bang:

Cheers
ACC

Umm Reading comprehension doesn't run strong in your family huh he told you exactly how to fix it ,, 1 take apart 2. cover everything except HDD with your moms tin foil ,3 heat HDD with your sisters blow dryer for 18-20 minutes , put back together , ......, DUH!!! ,,,also theres this thing he mentions in his post , He said he read it on the ..how do you say ,,,Inter...Internet ,,,yeah .. might try looking there too..Im no Rock Geologist , ..er scientist ,, but maybe that option is viable :rofl:

ACC_Champs89
12-19-2006, 10:30 PM
[Thanks Retard...if you want to beleive santa's helper go ahead, I'll save some foil for now.

mattgame
12-20-2006, 07:09 AM
welcome to XBA brother!

ll Mista GT ll
12-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Battle of the Noobs: XBA Style! I like it. In one corner we have twisty1er standing at 267 pounds with his momma's tin foil and his sister's hair dryer, and in the other corner we have ACC_Champs89 holding his broken keyboard and literacy book of some sort! DING DING DING! LETS FIGHT!.

laaawwll

laughs
12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
welcome to XBA brother!

ll Mista GT ll
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
welcome to XBA brother!

You ALREADY said that! :cuss: