PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War OXM review

Goku_69
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
well it's the second game to get a 10 at least i felt this one was much deserved. What do u guys think?:confused:

Jackyboy
11-27-2006, 02:43 PM
mmuch better than fnr3, but now the scores go to 11, kinda like spinal tap

wulkar
11-27-2006, 05:41 PM
mmuch better than fnr3, but now the scores go to 11, kinda like spinal tap

"couldn't you just make eleven the highest?" "but these go up to eleven"

l Maximus l
11-28-2006, 01:29 AM
GoW is sick...best campaign since Halo 1, IMO. I almost can't stop playing the Campaign eventhough I beat it on Insane already. The multi-player recently beat out ratings for Halo 2, too....kick ass multi-player. For once I can seriously forget about the abomination of Halo 2.

mattgame
11-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Deserved. It is a remarkable achievement.

Mwright
11-28-2006, 06:53 AM
there is never going to be a game that will perfect..and gow is no where close to a perfect 10..its a good game yess...but the mp online is no wear as fun as halo 2 or cod3..yes cod3..iv had more fun on that game online than i did with gow..i dont think gow has a good enough gun/game type slection online..its still fun..but not perfect and no halo 2..now b4 all u fanboys start to freak out u should know that every1 has a right to say what they want about with a game without half of this site freaking out

laughs
11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Can't......wait...... to..... play.......Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! :sleeping:

J4320
11-28-2006, 01:39 PM
there is never going to be a game that will perfect..and gow is no where close to a perfect 10..its a good game yess...but the mp online is no wear as fun as halo 2 or cod3..yes cod3..iv had more fun on that game online than i did with gow..i dont think gow has a good enough gun/game type slection online..its still fun..but not perfect and no halo 2..now b4 all u fanboys start to freak out u should know that every1 has a right to say what they want about with a game without half of this site freaking out

I love GoW online. It reminds me of a mix between Splinter Cell (the 3rd person maneuvering) and Halo (the blow the crap out of eachother and use tactics).

The games may be only 8 players, but I find it extremely fun. I have COD3 right now but I haven't played it online yet so I'm gonna see what it's like sooner or later.

Jackyboy
11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Halo (the blow the crap out of eachother and use tactics).

noone uses tactics in halo anymore. and one other problem that GoW had was the single player campaign was VERY short

Mwright
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
noone uses tactics in halo anymore. and one other problem that GoW had was the single player campaign was VERY short

Gow a bigger problem than just short sp...i think they should have made gow so that u pick how many people are playing in a game depending on the game..like on halo.. iv got problems with gow lobby step up too..all im saying is no game should EVER get a 10..its an unspoken rule..because any1 with common sense..unlike OXM should know that (OXM is **** now so who really cares but thats another story)

SPARTAN 0841992
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
dang, i gotta renew my oxm subscription. it expired last month.

mattgame
11-30-2006, 06:47 AM
dang, i gotta renew my oxm subscription. it expired last month.

OXM didn't say it was perfect. It's not perfect. The greatest game I've ever played was RE4 and it wasn't perfect. GoW multiplayer is good but I am not a great fan of it either. The coop is great though. Halo 2 is the online king and will be until Halo 3.

And I need to renew my subscription too.:hail:

laughs
11-30-2006, 10:59 AM
OXM didn't say it was perfect. It's not perfect. The greatest game I've ever played was RE4 and it wasn't perfect. GoW multiplayer is good but I am not a great fan of it either. The coop is great though. Halo 2 is the online king and will be until Halo 3.

And I need to renew my subscription too.:hail:

Yes brutha! RE4 has to be the best game I have ever played also. OXM said that GOW lacks story details.... But anyway, can.......................... WAIT...................TO..............PLAY IT!!!!............................ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! :sleeping:

EMX
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Gears has awesome multiplayer. I love it. But Halo 2 multiplayer is sooooo much better.

J4320
11-30-2006, 01:58 PM

:D

I haven't played Halo 2 in a LONG time. But yeah, I guess you're right. It seems more like a "run in circles shooting at each other and whoever has the better gun combo wins" type of thing now in many cases (not in every case of course).

Goku_69
11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
i have fun playing gears but the lack of a decent matchmaking is the only thing keeping it from being better than Halo 2

Lemon
12-01-2006, 07:21 PM
does anyone want to play co-op with me on GoW? i just got the game and i found out im lacking in skill right now. so if anyone would like to show me the ropes and such, add me: Gods Lemons

laughs
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
does anyone want to play co-op with me on GoW? i just got the game and i found out im lacking in skill right now. so if anyone would like to show me the ropes and such, add me: Gods Lemons

I shall add you during xmas brutha, when I get the damn game... I think I may end up getting live gold again also, so then me adding you makes sense.....:huh: