PDA

View Full Version : hehe im going online with xbox!!!!!

monkeyman
02-28-2002, 05:40 PM
im gonna get dsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not sure if i should go online right now or wait

GRAVEDIGGER
02-28-2002, 05:47 PM
Well good ***** man, you're gonna be having mad fun!!, but me personally i'll wait for Microsoft to do it. I'm not saying that going With Gamespy is a bad idea, because its not!

Anyways if you have the money to buy what you need to go online, then by all means man have fun with it! I hear Tony Hawk 2x online play is OFF THE CHAIN!!:eek:
But sadly i have to wait for Microsoft:(

BTW, what do you have to buy to get online with your XBOX using gamespy??

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

BTW, what do you have to buy to get online with your XBOX using gamespy??

You need a HUB or Switch (10/100 preferred)
Broadband (DSL, or Cable, etc)
3 standard Category 5 patch cables
Finally, download the free software from Gamespy

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
im gonna get dsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not sure if i should go online right now or wait

Dude!! What do you mean "wait"!?!??!?!?! Are you kidding?! This should be a no brainer, bud! Congrats on the DSL! That's sweet! I don't know if Microsoft will have Halo on-line this summer or not...I'm sure they will figure out a way so it can, but, as of right now, they don't have any information on that. They do for other games like Unreal Championship and so on, though :)

But, get on Gamespy ASAP!!! You can do it now! It's free, for goodness sake! :D

You have no idea what you are missing, dude! All I know is that I have every single game on my video game shelf except for Halo (and UFC Tapout - recent buy - and I love it!)

Nothing compares to Halo on-line, in my opinion. It feels like I got a whole new system or something!

You just need to get a HUB and 3 standard CAT 5 patch cables. The software is free...I can walk you through getting set up when you like! Just let me know!

Again, you have no idea what you are missing! There are some GREAT TIMES on Gamespy with Halo :D

kazual
02-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Max, do you use crossover or straight through cat 5's?

monkeyman
02-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

You have no idea what you are missing, dude! All I know is that I have every single game on my video game shelf except for Halo

how could you play halo online if you dont got it?

GRAVEDIGGER
02-28-2002, 06:06 PM

Yo monkeyman my bad yo, I dont think HALO can go online, i meant to say "LAN play is great" But i do believe Tony Hawk 2x can go online!

GRAVEDIGGER
02-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Thanx yo MAXIMUS thanx alot for your help about getting online with GAMESPY, its much appreciated:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by kazual
Max, do you use crossover or straight through cat 5's?

In the presence of a HUB, as a general rule, you always use regular CAT 5 Patch cables (not crossovers). But, if you are hooking two computers up (or two XBoxes, etc) then, that's when you use the crossover (no Hub needed, of course).

If you are using a DSL Modem that plugs into your USB port...that actually leaves open the Ethernet port on your computer in which you can use a crossover to your XBox if you want to go on Gamespy.

But, if you are using a DSL (or Cable) modem that goes into your Ethernet port on your computer, you will need a HUB and a total of three CAT 5 patch cables (not crossovers). Hope that helps! :)

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 06:38 PM

You don't own Halo!??!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

Yo monkeyman my bad yo, I dont think HALO can go online, i meant to say "LAN play is great" But i do believe Tony Hawk 2x can go online!

Halo can go on-line through Gamespy...I don't think it will be able to when Microsoft launches their on-line forum...unless they provide an on-line add-on disc or something.

Basically, what Gamespy does is allow you to play a "LAN game" or "System Link" game but with people around the country instead of your own living room :)

Xtopia
02-28-2002, 06:51 PM

OKay bro...in order to play online this summer you going to need the same stuff:

Broadband--in your case dsl
Hub or switch
And Cat-5 patch cables

So if your getting all that dont wait...just do the 2 min. downlaod...and then get online! It is not like you can only choose 1 or the other! get on gamespy today and then when MS launches it's online program use that! I just got so exited just talking halo online that im gonna go get on gamespy right now!! Even though i have sooooo much homework!!!:D

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

OKay bro...in order to play online this summer you going to need the same stuff:

Broadband--in your case dsl
Hub or switch
And Cat-5 patch cables

So if your getting all that dont wait...just do the 2 min. downlaod...and then get online! It is not like you can only choose 1 or the other! get on gamespy today and then when MS launches it's online program use that! I just got so exited just talking halo online that im gonna go get on gamespy right now!! Even though i have sooooo much homework!!!:D

Exactly! And, that's what Ninja Scroll needs to do, too! What do you think, Xtopia? Should Ninja Scroll get on-line and see if he's as bad ass at Halo as he claims to be?!?! :D

Xtopia
02-28-2002, 07:06 PM
Of course he should get online! THe only exscuse an XBA has as to why he is not online w/halo...is that he lives somewhere where you cannot get broadband...EVEN then that person should move to a better location--Anything for the xbox right?
Max...does Ninja have broadband? If he does, does he realize that he is going to have the same set-up even when the MS network launches?

monkeyman
02-28-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

You don't own Halo!??!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

no way of course i got halo

fear_this
02-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Who doesnt own or doesnt want to own Halo. Every xbox owner must get this game. :)

monkeyman
02-28-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
Yeah, Who doesnt own or doesnt want to own Halo. Every xbox owner must get this game. :)

theres 2 guys in the halo thread place one is because the sound is bad and some other stupid thing and some guy is to young for the words and he also is to religious