PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with the Ps3 frame rate VS xbox 360

odpr
12-01-2006, 04:46 PM
check this out, I can not explain it , but the Xbox has a better GFX + it run MUCH BETTER!

the playstation has a really frame rate issue, can someone explain it ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2663

laughs
12-01-2006, 05:11 PM
check this out, I can not explain it , but the Xbox has a better GFX + it run MUCH BETTER!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2663

Cool link odpr.... If you take a look at the comments on that first video, just about everyone agree that the 360 has the best version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

It could be that it's early in the game for the ps3 and they aren't quite ready to take advantage of the system, but I really hope the ps3 is a failure. I'm sick of them over-hyping their products to hell. I know every company over-hypes, but I think Sony does it much more than anyone else. Here's to them failing and having to come back to reality. :cheers:

HaZarD SFD
12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
The title for PS3 is a port from the 360 version.

MXracer721
12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
The title for PS3 is a port from the 360 version.

so i wonder.......how long before the developers start designing specifically for PS3 and port to 360 or wii? or will it ever?

odpr
12-02-2006, 03:07 AM
also I am wondering,
is the PS3 version running in 1080P mode?
maybe the resolution is to high for the processor to deal with ?

like in the old days when you took the resolution all the way up, and the frame rate dropped by 50%..

and I think that most of the games that will come to the PS3 this year will be a port from Xbox, excpet the specfic games that was designed f or Ps 3...

l Maximus l
12-02-2006, 03:10 AM
I have to admit, the 360 version definately seems to be the best.

I never even gave this game a second thought, but, after watching that video, it actually looks like a lot of fun - great party-type game if you can get a few buddies to join in the festivities :)

ChessPieceFace
12-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I have to admit, the 360 version definately seems to be the best.

I never even gave this game a second thought, but, after watching that video, it actually looks like a lot of fun - great party-type game if you can get a few buddies to join in the festivities :)

we should plan a time to rent it then play it over live that would be sweet

vman
12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
you have to remember that these developers have been working on the 360 for a year longer than the PS3. It really is a little unfair to be comparing launch titles to 2nd generation 360 titles.

ChessPieceFace
12-02-2006, 12:45 PM
you have to remember that these developers have been working on the 360 for a year longer than the PS3. It really is a little unfair to be comparing launch titles to 2nd generation 360 titles.

I disagree. Only because they opened themselves up to criticism. They had continuely bashed the 360 saying thier new technology is better, well now were seeing it was all hype. Plus they had a full year to improve thier product with the 360 out. Even games that are not mulitplatform dont even look that great in comparison.

mattgame
12-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Motorstorm looks hellagood. It compares well with GoW.

Don't kill me.:hardcore:

laughs
12-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I disagree. Only because they opened themselves up to criticism. They had continuely bashed the 360 saying thier new technology is better, well now were seeing it was all hype. Plus they had a full year to improve thier product with the 360 out. Even games that are not mulitplatform dont even look that great in comparison.

That's true, the PS3 was supposedly going to blow the 360 away... They even said that the 360 wasn't a next gen system. Now, I'm sure the PS3 will produce better games(than what they have now) as time goes on but it's obviously not the big bad wolf it was made out to be.... You can see that from the frame-rate issue. Bottom line is that Sony lies! I find it funny that good ole Bill is the one who receives all the bashing from video game fans... Bill Gates is God! God I tell ya!!!

Slacker
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Sony always has lighting issues, and always over hypes everything, remember the PS2 was going to have "Toy Story" graphics, have a floppy disk, surf the internet , ect.. ect.. and all we got was something a little better than Dreamcast, and with PS3 we get something a little better than Xbox, Don't get me wrong I will buy a PS3 eventually, and I like the console, but I never fell into the hype, I Knew it was going to be another over hyped Sony Console

ChessPieceFace
12-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Motorstorm looks hellagood. It compares well with GoW.

Don't kill me.:hardcore:
I just watched the trailer for it I wasnt seeing the comparison...........

CarGuy
12-02-2006, 07:15 PM
there isn't ONE game I want to play on that P.O.S. That's the first time I've said that about any console. It sucks. I dont care how good/bad the graphics are. I played my friends.. the controllers are light w/no rumble. The machine is huge (remember everybody *****ing about the XBox size) it's ugly that shooter is pathetic. I played it for about an hour and it blowed. IGN is displaying a graphic that says "PS3 Beyond Launch" and the games in the picture ARE GAMES ALREADY OUT ON 360!?!? WTF??

mattgame
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I just watched the trailer for it I wasnt seeing the comparison...........

You have to see it in action on HD. Trust when I tell ya, it's looks damn good. And I didn't see any framerate issues at all.

Nurb
12-03-2006, 12:15 AM
ha, the Wii looks like the gamecube

BTW, heres another comparison with COD3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15369&type=wmv&pl=game

laughs
12-03-2006, 01:48 AM
ha, the Wii looks like the gamecube

BTW, heres another comparison with COD3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15369&type=wmv&pl=game

360 FTW! The wii looked like crap, and the PS3 looked washed out.

mrmp3
12-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Well the only graphical difference I could see for Marvel for PS3 v. 360 was the Spider-Man character model looked better on PS3. Other than that though, the framerate on the PS3 version looked like it was fluctuating a little below to about 30 FPS. And as for the CoD3 comparison, 360 won hands down. And like someone said with lighting, the PS3 was just always too bright. You really couldn't get a sense of darkness or night on either of the games, they were always much brighter than the 360 (brighter, not more vivid, the colors were definitely washed out).

AlphaRaptor
12-07-2006, 05:00 PM

Im to lazy to type it all over, but to quote myself from another thread:

Apperently IGN said in the review that COD3 played much smoother on the 360 than the PS3.

The Cell CPU has a lot going for it, but its not the holy grail of video games. It does some things very, very, very well, and some things just "well." Its a big misconception that CPUs are the most important factor in gaming power. And that was true back in 1998, but now, the biggest factor when it comes to graphics is all about the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) The GPUs in both units are very close power wise but the Xbox 360 GPU does some things more smartly and efficiently. I think I know exactly why the PS3 is suffering from "skips." The 360 has an unbelievable amount of memory bandwidth, essentially letting it play games at high resolutions at almost no cost. (Its great, I have never seen a game play slower at 720p than 480i) Essentially, the 10megs of super fast RDRAM take care of rendering all the pixels so that the video cards main memory is fully dedicated to textures and calculations. The PS3's RSX however is built more like a traditional PC video card. Its 256megs of memory must be divided, if you have to many textures loaded into the VRAM the game will most likelly "skip", if the scene has a high poly count, and the VRAM is unable to produce enough pixels at 1080p the FPS will drop dramatically.

So I don't know, I was thinking the Cell was going to offload a lot of work off the RSX, maybe it can, it'll just take time for the devs to figure out how to seamlessly sync all the Cell's cores and the RSX. So, we have yet to see what the PS3 is really capable of, hopefully we see that before 2010.

Microsoft really did the right thing making the the Xbox 360 so powerful and easy to program.

Something I forgot to mention is that the Xbox 360 also uses a USA (Unified Shader Arcitecture) which helps the 360 GPU calculate virtex and pixel date more efficently. Its kinda ironic, back when people asked Nvidia on why they dont include USA in the RSX, they responded that it wouldn't give the 360 much of an advantage....well here we are, just as the PS3 is released Nvidia also releases the Geforce 8800 which USES USA acritecture! And yes, the 8800 kicks a$$....

IMO Microsoft really is being smart this time around....

mattgame
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Now if that wasn't nerd talk I don't know what is!! :p

ll Mista GT ll
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Im to lazy to type it all over, but to quote myself from another thread:

Something I forgot to mention is that the Xbox 360 also uses a USA (Unified Shader Arcitecture) which helps the 360 GPU calculate virtex and pixel date more efficently. Its kinda ironic, back when people asked Nvidia on why they dont include USA in the RSX, they responded that it wouldn't give the 360 much of an advantage....well here we are, just as the PS3 is released Nvidia also releases the Geforce 8800 which USES USA acritecture! And yes, the 8800 kicks a$$....

IMO Microsoft really is being smart this time around....

That was beautiful. :cheers:

I have yet to play a PS3 or Wii.

AlphaRaptor
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Now if that wasn't nerd talk I don't know what is!! :p
:cheers:

mattgame
12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
And please know that I say that with pride and sincere respect for your knowledge.:cheers:

Mwright
12-09-2006, 05:16 PM
shoudnt this be in the console debate forum

Go420Dawgs
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I played the PS3 at a buddies house the other day and wasn't that impressed.:confused:

DannyBZR
12-15-2006, 06:42 AM
we can all say how bad the ps3 will be, but I think we all have to realise that the console will have a degree of success because of the strong name that it has, not all people follow the console wars like us. They just associate the name playstation with being good and cutting edge..... But all this talk about frame rate etc etc needs to stop, we wont know what the ps3 is really like for at least a year into is development.. 2nd gen games..

My two Cents....