PDA

View Full Version : Who has trouble with overheating?

Boba Fett
12-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I heard things about how the 360 was prone to overheating and I found some solutions on the Internet (here (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23998153&page=0) if you're interested. I'll put a thread with that link in the troubleshooting section as well).

I'm not getting this system if it overheats and crashes every half-hour, so I'd like feedback on how helpful those solutions were with current 360 owners. Please don't let this issue ruin this system for me!! :(

NiNeBReaKeR
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
ive never had overheating problems and it takes way more then a half hour before it starts to get hotid say play 2-3 hours then turnit off for 15 minutes or so.take care of it,you spent 400 on the system might as well .....

Please dont post the same topic twice bro ;)

HaZarD SFD
12-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I can play for 4-6 hours at a time and still leave it on and it works fine.

NiNeBReaKeR
12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I can play for 4-6 hours at a time and still leave it on and it works fine.

so can i ive accidently left mine on for an entire day once and it was still working(but i bet that was bad for the box i nver play more then 2-3 hours before giving mine a break now)

laughs
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I got my 360 on launch and I've been known to have it on all day and nothing has happened to it yet. Eh, it's like anything... If 1 in a 1,000 has problems, it'll be amplified.... Bad word spreads while good word does not... It's always been like that.

Boba Fett
12-10-2006, 05:09 PM
I got my 360 on launch and I've been known to have it on all day and nothing has happened to it yet. Eh, it's like anything... If 1 in a 1,000 has problems, it'll be amplified.... Bad word spreads while good word does not... It's always been like that.

Good point. I'll follow everything said in that gamespot thread and i won't worry about the overheating. And sorry for posting the same thread in the troubleshooting section :D

AlphaRaptor
12-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Had mine almost sinse launch and I've never had any problems with the PS or the 360 overheating. Same is true for my bro's 360

killerscott
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
My 360 also has never overheated, and I often fall asleep with it on while watching DVDs and it is still goin in the morning. I did see another PS3 over heat today though when I was at EBgames. I was playing the Wii and the person next to me was playing the PS3. It kept booting him to the main menue of the PS3. (also seen it, and similar things happen at bestbuy, wallmart, and target.)

AlphaRaptor
12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
My 360 also has never overheated, and I often fall asleep with it on while watching DVDs and it is still goin in the morning. I did see another PS3 over heat today though when I was at EBgames. I was playing the Wii and the person next to me was playing the PS3. It kept booting him to the main menue of the PS3. (also seen it, and similar things happen at bestbuy, wallmart, and target.)

Yup, happened to me durring the first 5mins of playing at best buy :confused:

ShadedNine
12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Leaving it on overnight really isn't much threat, since you're not pushing the cpu or gpu, thus not producing much heat.

As for mine, bought it at launch, and while the air coming out the back gets pretty warm, it's never once frozen, crashed or behaved abnormally, and when I first got it, I was playing for hours and hours straight.

cdg5551
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
umm that how my best friends 360 break. im gettin one for xmas. im gonna buy an intercooler (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5044083)