PDA

View Full Version : Storage Question

Dj Logical 1
12-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Alright members quick question,

Is it possible to save media from a flash drive onto your xbox. I tried looking but didn't find a solution. My guess is no, Like for example i want to save music to the HDD but i don't want to burn multiple discs and it'd be a lot easier transferring that way. But before i give up I wanted to ask a last time, i hope you can help with the answer.

NiNeBReaKeR
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
im not sure about that because of the copywright and all the if you know what i mean..

but you can stream music from your mp3 player and windows

Dj Logical 1
12-10-2006, 04:16 PM
im not sure about that because of the copywright and all the if you know what i mean..

but you can stream music from your mp3 player and windows

For window's i'd need media center right?

NiNeBReaKeR
12-10-2006, 04:22 PM
For window's i'd need media center right?

theres a program called media center extender search for it off google or something which allows you too. you dont need media center

Dj Logical 1
12-10-2006, 09:25 PM
theres a program called media center extender search for it off google or something which allows you too. you dont need media center

according to the program, i do need MC which makes me cry. $$$

Go420Dawgs
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Here's the low down.

You can play .wmv video files off of storage devices. Along with .wma's and .mp3's. Also you can play things off your mp3 player/ipod/zune. You won't be able to save them on your HD though, only stream them or read them off of your storage device.Your storage device can be a flash drive/Hard Drive or whatever else you connect to your 360 via USB 2.0 that stores data.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Dj Logical 1
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Here's the low down.

You can play .wmv video files off of storage devices. Along with .wma's and .mp3's. Also you can play things off your mp3 player/ipod/zune. You won't be able to save them on your HD though, only stream them or read them off of your storage device.Your storage device can be a flash drive/Hard Drive or whatever else you connect to your 360 via USB 2.0 that stores data.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Sadness, i'm guessing you can't save to your HDD

BUT!!!!!!

I found a way to stream without media center!!

ZUNE

If you download the zune program, it allows you to do that. It's awesome.

killerscott
12-11-2006, 06:51 AM

BUT!!!!!!

ZUNE

And you dont need mediacenter to hook your pc up. I dont have it but I do it nonstop. You just need to be running xp service pack 2 or some other options. http://www.xbox.com/pcsetup

edit: wow nevermind now they just want you to use the zune software. its much better that way though.

NiNeBReaKeR
12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
And you dont need mediacenter to hook your pc up. I dont have it but I do it nonstop. You just need to be running xp service pack 2 or some other options. http://www.xbox.com/pcsetup

edit: wow nevermind now they just want you to use the zune software. its much better that way though.
yea thats what i was trying to say lol.....i forgot to tell him about service pack 2 though

Zion
12-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah all you need to do is download Windows Media Connect or upgrade to Windows Media Player 11.

MXracer721
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM

BUT!!!!!!

ZUNE

i tried that and i kept getting a message saying "there are no zune updates" or some crap like that.......then i quit trying after downloadin it a few times.......do u have to have WMP 11 and Zune or what?