PDA

View Full Version : Metal gear Solid 4: Coming to Xbox 360? LAWL

J4320
12-16-2006, 04:38 PM
http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/12/exclusive_metal_gear_solid_4_c.html

Sorry Sony. :rofl:

MXracer721
12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
microsoft should step up and see if they can get it released maybe a month later instead of a few months after the ps3 version. they have the money and it would be a killer blow to Sony.

odpr
12-17-2006, 01:42 PM
as I said before,
more and more publishers will go to the Xbox,

publishers doesn't matter Us or JP they want money, and if there is 500K ps in the market when the games are coming, then it won't be enough for them to continue development for next products, and to give sallery for the current people who work on the project. .

so they will for sure develop more games to the Xbox because it is 8M consoles righ now , and by march there will be more then 10M.

laughs
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Ehhhhhhh.... is that real?

J4320
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
The source isn't THAT reliable so I wouldn't believe it 100% but I think that this is gonna happen.

J4320
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=152210&skip=yes

CrazyCougar
12-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Come on guys. You know this wont happen. Sony will do everything in their power to keep Konami happy in the financial column. Thats like saying Halo will move to the PS2 and PS3..Not going to happen.

l Maximus l
12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Come on guys. You know this wont happen. Sony will do everything in their power to keep Konami happy in the financial column. Thats like saying Halo will move to the PS2 and PS3..Not going to happen.

Not really because Microsoft owns Bungie Studios, who makes Halo. Konami is known for making multi-platform games. I believe it would be foolish for Konami to leave MGS4 PS3 exclusive since there are not a lot of PS3s on the market compared to the 360. XBox Live also cannot be rivaled.

CrazyCougar
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh I agree on a business standpoint that it would make sense for Konami to go multiplatform....But the biggest question is "Do you really think Sony will let that happen?"

J4320
12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Read second link you tards. :rolleyes:

:p

vman
12-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Read second link you tards. :rolleyes:

:p
that can still just mean a "timed" exclusive. And Noooz brings up a good point that we were hearing the same things from Ubisoft when asked about Assassin's Creed.

CrazyCougar
12-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Regardless if its timed or not, I wont believe this until I see it on the retail shelves. Not going to happen. What's next? Gran Turismo on the 360??? I dont think so.

vman
12-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Regardless if its timed or not, I wont believe this until I see it on the retail shelves. Not going to happen. What's next? Gran Turismo on the 360??? I dont think so.
who would want Gran Tourismo? I just wish we would get a definitive answer from Konami. None of this "Exclusive to PS3... no plans AT THIS TIME."

If it's not coming to the 360 then have the balls to say "Exclusive to PS3... we never intended the game to be multi-platform." Then have the courtesy to apologize to the crazed 360 fanboys like myself.

HaZarD SFD
12-19-2006, 07:22 AM
IF they tap the MGS4 game onto the 360, their sales will almost double in volume and would
be one of their best marketing ideas. I really think Konami isnt liking sony holding them back
from doing this and IMHO if they get the chance to do it they will.

mattgame
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
IGN has responded:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751496p1.html

CrazyCougar
12-19-2006, 11:32 AM
This will be very interesting to watch, and makes all the sense in the world for Konami to jump ship and make MGS4 multi-console. I totally agree with that. I just see big ole Sony trying to step in to protect little of what they have left and using large amounts of money to hold onto Konami in the end.

Batman_wanna_be
12-19-2006, 12:10 PM
That maybe true but remember the Grand Theft Auto series no one ever thought that it would come to Xbox, but with enough money and a large fanbase it did, and now Grand Theft Auto 4 will release on the same day as on PS3 on the 360. So why wouldn't Konami bring the one franchise that is keeping them afloat to the market leader, cause if you haven't notice I don't think Konami is selling very many games.

vman
12-19-2006, 01:57 PM
That maybe true but remember the Grand Theft Auto series no one ever thought that it would come to Xbox, but with enough money and a large fanbase it did, and now Grand Theft Auto 4 will release on the same day as on PS3 on the 360. So why wouldn't Konami bring the one franchise that is keeping them afloat to the market leader, cause if you haven't notice I don't think Konami is selling very many games.
True, the only other franchises that Konami has are: DDR, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Castlevania and they aren't nearly as popular as MGS is.

CrazyCougar
12-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Again, I highly agree it would be wise for Konami to make such a maneuver. But remember, we're talking Sony here. They will do everything in their power to hold off what seems like it may be inevitable. Whether that means piles of money, perks, or whatever for Konami, you can best believe something will come into play.

Alot of things can happen between now and 2008 as well. Sony will sell many more consoles, which will make Konami feel a little more confident. Also, the bumps that Sony is experiencing right now will be ironed out as well by that time. Remember, MS went through the same bumps with the 360. Even live for the 360 was a little bumpy to start.

Batman_wanna_be
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Again, I highly agree it would be wise for Konami to make such a maneuver. But remember, we're talking Sony here. They will do everything in their power to hold off what seems like it may be inevitable. Whether that means piles of money, perks, or whatever for Konami, you can best believe something will come into play.

Alot of things can happen between now and 2008 as well. Sony will sell many more consoles, which will make Konami feel a little more confident. Also, the bumps that Sony is experiencing right now will be ironed out as well by that time. Remember, MS went through the same bumps with the 360. Even live for the 360 was a little bumpy to start.

I am sure sony will try everything they can to stop that and it is true alot can change between now and 2008, but if the PS3 doesn't get a killer app or two between now and the launch of MSG4 I see coming to the 360 on the same day or three months later.

CrazyCougar
12-19-2006, 06:08 PM
You are exactly right. PS3 has alot of "proving itself" to gain confidence in developers. But as I said, the 360 had to do the same thing for the first few month with the major shortages and failing consoles. They seem to have it well on its way now to stardom. The only difference is the 360 had some "killer aps" to hold the attention of people through the bumpy road. PS3 really does not have that right now.