PDA

View Full Version : Zune+ Zune software + xbox360 = Nice setup!

killerscott
12-17-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm really impressed with the Zune software. (And the Zune for that matter.) They way it is set up and the things you can do are nice. It looks sassy. Also the way it connects to the 360 to stream music from your computer is ch-amazing! Anyone else try this nonsense out?

J4320
12-17-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't have it, but I've streamed music from my computer before.

thAshAdyOne
12-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I have the software...but I'm waiting on the Zune for Christmas...then we'll see

Jackyboy
12-17-2006, 11:30 AM
yeah ive done it, its really great because you can watch the videos from your zune through the xbox360

ll Mista GT ll
12-18-2006, 05:51 AM
yeah ive done it, its really great because you can watch the videos from your zune through the xbox360

You can do that with just about any mp3 player that has video (other then iPod)

AlphaRaptor
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Yup, can't wait to get my hands on one Christmas day :cool:

killerscott
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, my girlfriend just got one and I only like it more! I'm getting mine at christmas, but I've had pleanty of time to mess with it while working at Best Buy.

Goku_69
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Getting mine on xmas!! It looks way easier to use than a Ipod!

ll Mista GT ll
12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Get an Archos 604 WiFi like I did. 500 CAD and its amazing! I go on msn with it everyday at school. And walking around the streets finding WiFi connectiosn is fun =)

l Maximus l
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
This is great news. I really like the Zune. My wife has an iPod. Her iPod was actually a gift to me from the owner of my company. He bought iPods for everyone, but, I just ended up giving it to my wife. I'm really diggin' the Zune, though. Since I travel a lot, I would really like to watch some movies while on the plane - much better on the Zune probably since it has a bigger screen and is in widescreen.

Anyway, it's great news to see how the Zune and the 360 work together so seemlessly. Sweet ass!

killerscott
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I do have a question though for somone who may have already figured it out. I have been looking for the best ways to transfer my dvds on to the zune. It looks to me like a program like Nero is going to be the easiest. Anyone have other ways of putting their DVDs on it? And also what format is best.

Aceattorney
12-22-2006, 06:33 PM
I love the way the Zune looks and its interface is really slick, but honestly, the lack of some kind of a scroll wheel is kind of a hang up for me.

mattgame
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
The price is my hangup. Ouch. Maybe when my income tax comes in I'll get one.

killerscott
12-23-2006, 01:29 AM
I love the way the Zune looks and its interface is really slick, but honestly, the lack of some kind of a scroll wheel is kind of a hang up for me.

Hmm it is somewhat of a bonus for me. I can never get to the right thing with a scroll wheel like on the ipod. It frustrates me. I like to just click up and down.

cdg5551
12-27-2006, 03:01 PM
yea the first day i got my 360 i got the zune software just for that

l Maximus l
12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I got a Zune for Christmas and I'm diggin' this thing! I haven't streamed any music to my 360 with it yet, but, I know it can be done.

As for putting DVD movies on the Zune, it's actually a pain in the ass (Same with iPod or anything similar). You have to decrypt the code on the DVD with a decrypting software just to get it on your computer's hard drive. Then you have to use a conversion program to change the DVD code (often ends with a .vod) and change it to .wmv or .mp4 to work on the Zune or anything else.

Right now, there is no program that exists, from my research, that does not convert a DVD to a .wmv format; however, .mp4 will work on the Zune.

If the format is not correct, often times the audio will not be in sync with the video (e.g. the lips of a person are moving, but, the sound may be off by a second or two, which is unbearable).

I haven't successfully accomplished it yet only because I haven't had the time. To decode a 90 minute DVD, it could take up to 2 hours alone. And even then, an error may occur in the coversion in which you would have to start all over (which happend to me about 1 hour in, but, I understand that there is a way around errors).

There's a kick ass thread at www.zunerama.com under the "How-to's" forum. I became a member there yesterday for assistance with Zune. I have the same tag name as I do here.

killerscott
12-29-2006, 03:11 AM
I got a Zune for Christmas and I'm diggin' this thing! I haven't streamed any music to my 360 with it yet, but, I know it can be done.

As for putting DVD movies on the Zune, it's actually a pain in the ass (Same with iPod or anything similar). You have to decrypt the code on the DVD with a decrypting software just to get it on your computer's hard drive. Then you have to use a conversion program to change the DVD code (often ends with a .vod) and change it to .wmv or .mp4 to work on the Zune or anything else.

Right now, there is no program that exists, from my research, that does not convert a DVD to a .wmv format; however, .mp4 will work on the Zune.

If the format is not correct, often times the audio will not be in sync with the video (e.g. the lips of a person are moving, but, the sound may be off by a second or two, which is unbearable).

I haven't successfully accomplished it yet only because I haven't had the time. To decode a 90 minute DVD, it could take up to 2 hours alone. And even then, an error may occur in the coversion in which you would have to start all over (which happend to me about 1 hour in, but, I understand that there is a way around errors).

There's a kick ass thread at www.zunerama.com under the "How-to's" forum. I became a member there yesterday for assistance with Zune. I have the same tag name as I do here.

I was sad to find this out the other day. I downloaded some software that allowed me to burn dvds to my harddrive but of course it was for non-right protected dvds, which my first one was a cheapo musician dvd so it got my hopes up cuz it wasnt right protected.

I actually called microsoft though, and asked if and when there would be videos on the marketplace, and they said yes, but didnt give me a date.