PDA

View Full Version : how many mics have you been through

Mwright
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
how many xbox 360 standard mics have you been through...iv had my xbox since last christmas and iv gone through 3 myself:bang: :bang: :bang:

Jackyboy
12-28-2006, 01:44 PM
im on my 3rd, these mics suck ass

Batman_wanna_be
12-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Counting the one I got with my 360 in February one, but now I have the wireless headset IT RULEZ!!!1!!1!!1!!!

greenpyro
12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
i'll agree with you all that the mics are pretty flimsy, but i honestly can't see how so many people have been through so many. i had the same mic from last december until about a month ago, when i got a new one with my vision camera. at that point i only started using the new one cause it was just that, new, and that's how i roll, haha. Then i got the wireless headset for christmas, which i now use regularly. I guess imust just be super careful with my headsets, cause i am yet to break a single one.

hoodlum
12-28-2006, 02:44 PM
I went through 2 of em before I moved onto cordless phone headsets.
then proceeded to go through 2 of those and now Im on some Plantronics headset whic works like a charm and for xmas recently I got the 360 Wireless Headset which is freakin awesome!

Jackyboy
12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
so the wireless headset is worth the money?

Lemon
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
my next door neighbor broke my 360 mic that i got and now im using a cell phone headset. its not that great b/c it doesnt have a mute button or any volume control. i need a new headset :p

Batman_wanna_be
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM

YES.:cool:
It is bluetooth technology so it syncs up to the 360, nothing to plug into the controller, a 8 hour battery life, it is comfortable, excellent sound and easy to use.

The stuff about the static to others players is true cause it happen to me, but it stop half thought a 10 round Gears of War game.

CrazyCougar
12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I've gone through 3 MS headsets as well since last December. I now have the NFL Motorola Headset that I picked up for $20 at Circuit City and I love it. A lot more sturdy than those flimsy MS mics. And the wire is breakaway from both the controller and the ear piece. Unlike MS's headset.

hoodlum
12-29-2006, 06:01 PM

Its worth it but the price should be about 20-30% less because the battery life is kinda short at 10 hours average (i no it has a small size and thats to be expected but i was hoping for 15+) and the mic has a tendency to de-sync and then it'll automatically sync back up.

But if your gonna go for it. Go for it. Its so freakishly handy to be able to get up walk around and shake yourself loose without holding the controller and generally walk a decent distance away from ur 360 and still be communicating with who ever you are communicating to.

wulkar
12-29-2006, 07:33 PM
My default mic i got with my 360 has lasted this whole time.

now the default one for the xbox..i went through 4 defaults and 2 madcatz ones

SPARTAN 0841992
12-30-2006, 12:21 AM
I stepped on and broke my original Xbox mic, btu taped it back up. A year later I got the 360 and with it, a new mic. that broke 6 months in, and I've been using my Xbox mic with no problems, aside from the occasional re-taping. And I can really live with the no volume control and no muting deal, it's nice to just have a mic.

MXracer721
12-31-2006, 11:32 AM
How are you guys breaking them? Do they just quit working or do you drop them, step on the them or what?

wulkar
12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
How are you guys breaking them? Do they just quit working or do you drop them, step on the them or what?

well for the original xbox mic. the little peice that held the mic to the thing that went around your head would just fly off. and it was so small i could never find it.

FatBox
12-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Whenever I get pissed off at Halo I chuck my mic at the ground so I've been through like 6 of them, I've also been through like 10 controllers from throwing those across the room as well. I need anger management. :p

AlphaRaptor
12-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I've been on live for years and have only broke one :p

Maybe I don't get pissed off enough :confused:

Mwright
12-31-2006, 04:51 PM
well one time i bit mine after i lost a match in gears and the other times they just stopped working

m4oH
01-01-2007, 02:45 AM
i broke mine about 2 weeks after having my 360 but i decided that there were no good games out for the 360 and that i didnt need to buy a new mic. so i have gone thru 1 and i still havent purchased one in about 6 months. 360=meh

MXracer721
01-01-2007, 06:14 AM
i broke mine about 2 weeks after having my 360 but i decided that there were no good games out for the 360 and that i didnt need to buy a new mic. so i have gone thru 1 and i still havent purchased one in about 6 months. 360=meh
ur just trying to start ****.........................

CrazyCougar
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Whats funny is, my original mic that came with my 360 NEVER worked from the beginning. MS wired mics are definitely flimsy pieces of crap. I wasnt about to return my whole system during the shortage just to get a new mic...LOL! I did without for about 2 months.

DOOM
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
None... I use the wireless and its awesome!!!

Nth Turtle
01-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Whenever I get pissed off at Halo I chuck my mic at the ground so I've been through like 6 of them, I've also been through like 10 controllers from throwing those across the room as well. I need anger management. :p

That or get better at Halo. :hardcore:

I hate the new headsets, the sound quality is poor, real muffled sounding and just outright sh'te... from the moment I tried it I wasn't impressed, I gave it a single night's trial before I went back to my original headset. No mute & No volume still beats the crap out of muffled conversations where I miss half of what's said.

I used the original headset, which I've had since my original Xbox Live subscription since back in the days of the MotoGP Beta-testing and the only problem was that the plastic clip which connects it to the headband snapped. A bit of Superglue and it was fine. I used it so long that the foam over the mouthpiece and earpiece started to perish. So I mauled the freebie P.O.S. that I got with a Rainbow Six boxset and used the foam pieces off that to repair my Superglued original. Roll on Xbox 360 and I was still using the same one up till a month ago when it finally snapped the superglue and I couldn't refix it.

Had the new 360 one and a dupe that came with the LiveCam and still refused to use it. Went out and bought some cheap 3rd party one (With volume and mute on the wire) and it's audio quality is excellent.

Conspiracy theory time... did Microsoft make their original 360 headsets intentionally suck balls to encourage people to buy the wireless ones which were due out? Since the sound quality of the originals sucked, they wouldn't realise how badly the wireless one's compared with the original Xbox headsets?

The static hiss that others hear when someone is using a wireless headset is pathetic. If you're the only one using one it's possible you don't hear what others have to put up with, but it's like those chumps that used to put their headsets near a speaker and pump dire music into a Halo2 match, it's a hissy, poppy, shoddy experience for everyone else that had to suffer it, all so you don't get a headset tangled in yer dong when you go for a pish. :bang:

[/rant]

But yeah, I got to echo the statements previously made... how the hell do you break 6 headsets? That's just ridic. Do you use them to jack a car when you have a flat? Or play catch with your dog? It's just unreal that you guys can break so many, how careless are you?

FatBox
01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
That or get better at Halo. :hardcore:

lol. Play me sometime. Seriously.

m4oH
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
ur just trying to start ****.........................
um, okay? no i was just saying that the mics are pieces of crap and mine broke earlier on but i still havent gotten a new one.

MXracer721
01-01-2007, 05:52 PM
um, okay? no i was just saying that the mics are pieces of crap and mine broke earlier on but i still havent gotten a new one.

Actually you said they were junk and that you didn't get a new one because there were no good game and that 360=meh. Thats what would start an argument that has nothing to do with the thread.....oh well no biggie.

Back on topic.....Does anyone know if there is really any reason that they decided on the over the head style of headset rather than the behind the head kind from the first xbox? I was a little surprised they didn't try to improve on the old one and make it more comfortable.......or maybe they did by switching to the older style? And my only complaint really about the headset is it seems like if mine breaks it'll be from the wire getting ripped out from the plastic plug that actually goes into the controller.

Codefox
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
My original headset still works from back in February and I'm not particurally careful with it. Which is surprising because my first thought upon seeing it was that it was sorta junky. ;)

MX, I bet a big reason really is that MS didn't want to invest too much into it. The wireless headset is far superior even if it is too much money. I didn't think twice about buying it because I hated the other headset and wanted to ditch the tether to my controller.

Go420Dawgs
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I still have my original headset from Launch. I guess I just take care of my stuff:confused:

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I still have my original headset from Launch. I guess I just take care of my stuff:confused:

Good for you, same here. My original Xbox one is still in perfect condition. I use it in my room for my home phone when I dont use speakerphone.

But I have 2 360 mics and they are still brand new. still have the folds on the wire :p lol

SPARTAN 0841992
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM

When I stepped on it, the little clip that held the headpiece to the actual mic part broke off, so I just taped it back on.

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2007, 10:48 PM
CRAP I LIED! I did break my Xbox mic once! :p I dropped the mic on the floor, it was like a 3 foot drop, ON plastic that the rolly office chairs go... and it cracked (the plastic clip on piece)

I returned it and got a good one =)

But since then, I HAVE NOT BROKEN ONE! :p