PDA

View Full Version : I hate doing this....

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2007, 07:21 AM
but I had to :p

I called MICROSOFT! Guess what... I got another freshie. It pisses me off. The first one was being a beyotch, so i said "oh my console works now! thanks" and hung up, then I called again and got a Spanish guy, Rico :cool: So Rico is really nice, but I had to lie to him.

My Feb 06 Xbox 360 has been really loud. And now im upset, because all of my friend's new 360s are quieter. Mine is obnoxiously loud. So I lied to rico, and told him it doesn't play disks anymore, so they are sending me a box in the mail in 2-3 days.

The thing that bothers me is, that the HQ in the states will either repair your 360, or give you a referb one, but in canada, we always get the referb one! Its so stupid. Microsoft giving us the short end of the stick again.

So I need your advice fellow addicts, should it stay, or should it go? My console works 100% right now. Im scared that a referb one could be abused, and that after my warranty is over, it will break. Also, im only doing this hoping that the referb one is quieter. I dont really know if it will be. So could you guys give me some advice?

Thanks, Happy New Year.

SamSmith
01-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I have the same problem, mine is massively loud.. IF i could get it sorted I would.
But if they find out that it can actually play disks will they still fix it?

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I have the same problem, mine is massively loud.. IF i could get it sorted I would.
But if they find out that it can actually play disks will they still fix it?

Hmmm I dont know thats what I was thinking. I tihnk they just stack them somewhere, and just give you a referb one, but I have no cluee :S

Codefox
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Cadillax - You can extend your warranty with MS for like $30 a year. If you're worried I'd recommend that. (I'd recommend that anyway)

predatorprime
01-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Mines pretty loud, I got it in July
it seems to be worse when playing games in hd
when I had it on my SD tv it wasn't that bad.
I think the sound of the console is pretty minor, as long as it plays the games

Shawn-XBA
01-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Mines pretty loud, I got it in July
it seems to be worse when playing games in hd
when I had it on my SD tv it wasn't that bad.
I think the sound of the console is pretty minor, as long as it plays the games

Thats the same as mine, its more loud playing in HD

Mine is loud but I don't here it over the surround sound so it really doesn't bother me that much

laughs
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Don't be girls about it... Your 360 is loud.... Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!! So is mine... Now call back Rico and ask him for a date.

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't be girls about it... Your 360 is loud.... Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!! So is mine... Now call back Rico and ask him for a date.

yea, i just gotta put some nice Magnaflow exhaust on the back of my 360, and it could sound prettyy damn nice ;)

I will never ever pay microsoft for warrenty. EVERRRRRRRR! lol I just dont want to get screwed over, microsoft does that!

And laughs, he asked for your number, I think he's interested ;)

laughs
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
And laughs, he asked for your number, I think he's interested ;)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/images/emoticons/love.gif Hope you're not teasing me here.... I better get a phone call from one Rico ASAP.

SPARTAN 0841992
01-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Given my personal experience with refurbished original Xboxs (I bought two refurbished and BOTH borke), I wouldn't trust microsoft as far as I could throw Bill Gates' money.

thatdude222
01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
i thought they were all loud....
if it plays fine, dont bother. my oct 2005 xbox hasnt had ANY problems yet but plays a lil loud. you have different chances with a refurbished xbox. at least you know yours works fine