PDA

View Full Version : Who else here has a probem with games after leaving it in the xbox too long?

Mercury
02-28-2002, 11:59 PM
If I leave a game in my xbox for about a day long, and I then turn it on to play it without taking it out first, I find that many times the game will freeze up on me. But if I just put the game in and start playing I have no problems.

shagg
03-01-2002, 12:07 AM
Geez, I don't know if anyone else has that problem, but I have a solution for you.

Try removing the game from the system and placing it in the box it came in. Then when you're ready to play, insert the game again. I'm no expert, but I think that should help. If you have any questions, you can email me at shagg@IfitHurtsWhenYouDoThatThenDontDoThat.com

;)
shagg

Azazel
03-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Good answer. I agree with Shaggy!

Rock2
03-01-2002, 12:14 AM
Sounds like we have a new smart a$$ on our hands.

fanofslipknotib
03-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, the longest I have ever left a game in after turning the Xbox off was only a few hours, and it worked fine. I have never left one in for a day though, so I couldnt help you with that. Just take it out when you are done playing it dude.

Hugh_Jass
03-01-2002, 08:53 AM
I leave discs in my XBOX while the power is off ALL the time. I've never had a problem. I wouldn't recommend hauling your XBOX to a friend's house with a disc in the drive but my XBOX doesn't move.

RudedogX
03-01-2002, 08:53 AM
ummm...i've left a game in the XBox a couple of days without turning it on again and haven't had any problems at all (and i've had the system since launch). Go figure!:D

shagg
03-01-2002, 08:59 AM
hmmm. I once spread my Halo disk with JIF peanut butter all over the reflective side and it still worked. Spartan 117 ran sluggishly, but he still moved. It was like watching an episode of "The six-million Dollar Man". go figure.

shagg

;)

Mr.XboxLover
03-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Rude you havent played on your xbox for a couple of days!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself, poor thing! We should set up a crisis centre.

Hehe

Mr.XboxLover

RudedogX
03-01-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
Rude you havent played on your xbox for a couple of days!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself, poor thing! We should set up a crisis centre.

Hehe

Mr.XboxLover

ROTFLMAO! I know! If maximus or scroll ever read that, all hell would break loose!

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 09:08 AM
I once left Halo in my Xbox for weeks until I had the time to beat it. Not one glitch ever.
I had a defected WWF RAW and just returned it. But other than that episode no other Xbox software issues.:)

Mr.XboxLover
03-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Hewwo!

Rude - I forgive you! hehe. Now go fetch ur Xbox a red velvet cusion and some chocs, lol.

Plewis
03-01-2002, 10:56 AM
the only problem I had with my box was once in Halo when i had just beat the library *possible spoiler*and i was watching the monitor, and Cortana yellin at each other. I was getting really into it, and all of a sudden the box turned off. I was scared i would have lost all my progress. but once i turned it back on all was fine.:cool: ANd that crappy OXM magazine Feb issue disk... it was either defective, or all of them were crap:mad: but all is good. I leave games in and nothing bad happens

Mercury
03-01-2002, 11:07 AM
:confused: Hmm, well I'm hoping it isn't my xbox that's the problem. That's what is bugging me. I don't have any real problems with it but this little things keep popping up. For now I'm just crossing my fingers that I've received a few bad CDs in the xbox's early life, and that as time goes on the problems will disappear.