PDA

View Full Version : NBA2K2-please post your opinions

jimmy_page
03-01-2002, 03:01 AM
so, what does everyone think about this game? there's obviously more game modes and options. i've read the graffics aren't the best though. is the gameplay and AI more realistic than Inside Drive?
thanks alot

studepaber
03-01-2002, 08:15 AM
I didn't like it and traded it in at EB for Circus Maximus whixh is alot better in my opinion. The graphics were VERY sub-par, you can do better Sega.

djgcue
03-01-2002, 03:31 PM
Gameplay is similiar to Inside Drive, the players in Inside Drive look better, but NBA 2k2 is more lively. 2k2 has more and better features such as street mode and practice mode. I got bored of Inside Drive, so far, I have enjoyed 2k2.

jschelm
03-01-2002, 08:57 PM
A lot of people seem to knock 2k2, but I have spent many many of hours drinking and staying up til 2 or 3 in the morning playing with some of the guys I live with (one of them bought it). Maybe it is the beer, but I love this game, especially multiplayer. When I move I am gonna have to go get it.

dluxchief
03-02-2002, 12:22 PM
This game blows. I had inside drive and was getting board with the lack of features. But the graphics and game play was great. So i listened to all the Bull S#^% hype and traded it for 2k2. What a mistake!! The gameplay sucks it feels like slow motion! There is not one camara view that works, where you can see the court. I had 2k for dreamcast and it blows 2k2 away. Believe me Man it has to be the Beer your drinking, Or you just plain out have bad taste!!! Peace!

jschelm
03-02-2002, 05:13 PM
You were right, I was drinking too much. I looked at the game that we have been playing all this time and it was inside drive. Not 2k2. I was wondering why everyone was bashing the graphics and gameplay, I think they are great.....on Inside drive :)

Sorry all

goingwreckless
03-02-2002, 09:11 PM
my friends said it wasnt that good sega why did you go from JSRF that is really fun to NBA 2k2 which isnt that good

Integra Man
03-02-2002, 09:51 PM
MY 2ND FAVORITE GAME. nba 2k2 is a great game. great features

A MUST BUY GAME

Dog Of War
03-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Well i had nba live and 2k2 blows it away. inside drive doesn't have enough options, go with 2k2

dvsminds 116
03-04-2002, 02:08 PM
What is everyone who played this game blind...2K2 is the #1 - Average as far as graphics go , #2 - 100% realistic in gameplay, U can do everything a real NBA team can do during the course of a full season . NBA drive on the other hand is stiff in controls , AI stinks , the game , in its attempt to be so realistic hasd made itself fake...if U can follow that...

Davidjazzman12
03-05-2002, 06:20 PM
I acutally really enjoy NBA 2K2.
Francise mode works great, and the game is great overall
so my opionion is that it is a very good game:cool:

ssxtricky
03-05-2002, 07:09 PM
2k2 is the best i dont know what these fools are sayin i guess they musta liked there 8-bit nintendo b-ball games , cause i have know idea what the heck they are saying cause just ask yourself this question Have you seen better? then tell me Courtside? INSIDE DRIVE? LIVE? Tell me huh? there crazy............

Davidjazzman12
03-05-2002, 07:13 PM
the 2k series is the best
nba inside drive is probably like second but i dunno

C++
03-12-2002, 04:20 PM
OK this is by far the best basketball game but there are flaws. First off if you are not a continous b'baller then playing normal you will get your butt kicked by 30 or more points but if you put it on rookie then you will be the computer by 30 pts. I think the game could have used better use of being able to create players in franchise.

During the practice you are supposed to practice the plays so they should have started off like EA did with Madden 2k2 telling you what is going on who is supposed to get the ball...

I have found by playing that a lot of times the cross over dribble doesn't work to get open you run out of bounds or it just don't allow you to get open.

I found by putting my SG where my SF is i can back down the defender (trigger 2) and spin off and score.

My team D is not as good as the computers no matter what team i am playing against (bulls) there PG can score at will. The computers Shooting percentage is always above 60% no matter how you defend them.

I like the game but wish i had away to create a guy in franchise also it is hard to tell how a guy plays if he is a 3pt shooter or a passer because they use the bars to say what he is good at.

:)

C++
03-12-2002, 04:22 PM
NBA Live 2002 and Nba Inside Drive, these 2 games are wack compared to NBA2k2. First of all, the better gameplay. I couldn't stand nba lives gameplay. It boarded me to death, with the terrible gameplay and graphics. It looked like they were walking in fast motion. But lets talk some NBA2k2 now. The gameplay is superb. You have so much control in the game with everything; period. The graphics are by far to me the best. The sound is, you know, the best with its never quiet announcers. Plus you can do everything from street ball to Franchise(unlike nba inside drive). Enough said. Buy this game. Sega Sports rules.

:eek:

X-FactorX
03-12-2002, 07:23 PM
When I first saw this game I was dying to get it because the games really interested me on the dreamcast but when I got home and played it seemed liked I was playing dreamcast again and I don't really like that feeling. There aren't many upgrades except for the crossovers, a little better graphics and I don't know why they say the cpu's A.I. is so good because its horrible. I have won every single game.

EVERY TIME I POST THE CPU PLAYER UP THE OTHER GUY DOUBLES ME THEN I JUST KICK IT TO THE OTHER GUY AND HE DUNKS EVERY TIME. TALK ABOUT HORRIBLE A.I. ALSO EVERYONE IN THE GAME CAN MAKE A WIDEOPEN JUMPSHOT EVERY TIME EVEN THE WORST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

I STILL RECOMMEND BUYING THIS GAME BUT ITS FAR FROM PERFECTION. IT'S THE BEST B-BALL GAME THOUGH.

Glenn33
03-12-2002, 09:08 PM
I guess everyone's experience is different...maybe because I suck or maybe because I don't play as much as the rest of some people - but I find the AI in 2K2 extremely competative. I've played both and if I could sum up the differences I would say this - ID makes me feel like I'm playing a basketball video game - 2K2 makes me feel like Im playing a basketball game. Both are very good - it just depends on what you like.

Gotyouopen
03-20-2002, 08:04 PM
I have Both Inside Drive And 2K2 and to me and my brother Inside Drive Blows 2K2 Away Period!!! dont let anyone tell you different. Sure 2k2 has Franchise Mode(if your into that) Creat a player, Also Playground Ball Thats Cool, but you could never find the right camera angle Very Akward. Graphically Inside Drive RULES!!! Hands Down, I mean we play this game sometimes untill 3:00am my wife has to remind me i have to get up for work at 7:00am just before she throws my brother out. XBOX FOREVER:cool:

shagg
03-28-2002, 04:35 PM
I agree with you man, Inside drive is sooo much better.
Don't believe the hype people. Inside drive has great AI and better control than 2K2. And those announcers in 2K2 NEVER shut up. I mean, even when nothing is going on, they still talk crap. Luckily you can turn that off.

But if you want gameplay, play Inside drive. It is absolutely , positively the most fun you'll have with a Bball game.

Sorry Sega, you've got to do better than just a rehash of a PoS2. No one likes robotic moving players and controls that don't react fast enough. And whats up with that passing? Can someone actually catch a basketball at 100 MPH? Get outta here with that JUNK.

I can't wait for Inside drive 2003. It will blow every other game away, hands down. In the meantime, let me go play a season on Inside Drive 2002

peace
:cool:

Plewis
04-03-2002, 09:31 PM
I loved 2k2... i think the AI is pretty challenging... it helps to do street mode 2v2, than 3v3 before moving to 5v5 because it helps you manage the players. I loved it. Street mode, and regular game mode... franchise etc. etc. It has a lot more depth than ID. I could play this game for hours on end!:)